The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
I can't see the lib's going for a change of leadership at this point. As I understand it Gillard can pretty much call an election whenever she want's, Abbott's not doing anything outstandingly bad at the moment (by politicians standards) and for those who like such things (as political powerbrokers tend to) he's taking some of the credit for Rudd's downfall.

A change of leadership for the lib's is unlikely to change the voting patterns if an election is held weeks later.

I get the impression that Abbott has done a good job as an opposition leader to counter Rudd (harming the governments reputation being the standard they seem to strive for), I'm wondering how his style will go against Gillard and most have concerns about him as a PM.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 4 July 2010 7:50:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't believe you lot.

Having given us Whitlam & Latham, a couple of incredibly incompetent, but arrogant ratbags as leaders, then Rudd, an arrogant twit, you start talking about what the libs should do. You even suggset Turnbull, another arrogant twit should be recycled.

I think you should concentrate on finding someone a bit better than what you have just promoted.

You are saying all the same stuff you gabbled about Rudd just a couple of years ago. It's obvious you want arrogance in your leaders, it seems to go with the mind set. It is just a pity that you can't find anyone one would want to take home to dinner.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 4 July 2010 8:00:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou Hasbeen for posting here- I breathe a sigh of relief now some common sense is in this thread- don't think it will last for long.
Especially when the complaints here about there being "no opposition" on the grounds of the Liberal party alone being complete tosh these days.

Also, I imagine many of these people WOULD idolize an arrogant pollie on the grounds that they can stick it to the "other party" alone (as if it were a sports game and they were rooting for the 'winning team', and very much would take them home.
As a consequence, Australia will continue to be a stagnant country quickly falling behind the rest of the world in terms of services, technology, infrastructure, living standards and wealth, and assume its everyone else's fault but their own- because they keep voting arrogant crooks who don't give a s*it and suddenly become surprised when they don't actually DO anything except focus on their own careers.

Been happening for decades.
Posted by King Hazza, Sunday, 4 July 2010 9:52:31 AM
I can’t imagine how the Libs could have a snowflakes chance in hell of winning the next election, no matter who their leader might be or what they might do.

Um…that’s it! I can’t think of anything else to add!! ( :>|
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 4 July 2010 10:06:37 AM
It is going to be interesting to see
what happens at the next election.
I don't believe that the
Liberal Party will replace Tony Abbott
prior to the election. As for after
the election? I guess it all depends
on the election results - doesn't it?

Joe Hockey, or Malcolm Turnbull, Julie
Bishop or Kevin Andrews?

Do any of them really qualify as leaders
of a country? Would you buy a used car
from any of them?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 4 July 2010 11:03:04 AM
I wouldn't buy a used car of any of them, at the moment Foxy.

The points of difference are now so blurred, it is hard to differentiate
between both major parties.

If both parties feel through their internal polling that they have
a handle on the Australian psyche, then most of us are xenophobic,
most of us fear little (if at all ?) that corporations can interfere with
or influence our domestic politics, our economic policy, our social outcomes,
our resources etc, most of us are apathetic regarding the independence or integrity
of our democracy whilst pretending to ourselves that we are a model of democracy
and success.

Who cares who wins.
Posted by thinker 2, Sunday, 4 July 2010 11:32:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy