The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Foxy, I totally agree with your last post re Gillard’s partner.

----
Gerrit, you make an interesting comment:

<< Perhaps we do better having a duo Prime ministerial set up that Tony and Julia (Gillard) are going to be partners in crime as joint Prime Ministers… >>

Hmmmm, doesn’t sound that unfeasible. Well, let’s face it, as I’ve said many times on OLO, the Libs and Labs are just two peas in a pod. Many times I’ve called them the Liblabs as they have essentially the same political philosophies and policies.

We have in effect had a Liberal / Labor coalition for many years!!

Yeah, so why not have joint prime ministership?? ( :>/
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 9:51:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ, it beats me how you can call Gillard's sensible call for debate that is uninhibited by political correctness a dog-whistle!

Methinks you take the critical line a tad too far there.

So I take it that you don't think Morrison would make a good Libs leader... or that you (and presumably everyone else in this discussion) hasn't even remotely considered the possibility?

Suuurely there is a much better alternative, and one that is achievable, to the bloomin Groans holding the balance of power!

How about a strongly sustainability-oriented Liberal party under the leadership of Morrison, for example!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 12:25:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ refers to the issue for mine Ludwig.

Why is a mere 5000 people per year arriving on boats considered so much of a problem
by so many Australians?. It's at the very least irrational,
considering refugee numbers elsewhere around the world.

As for Morrison, I know he has been the opposition mouthpiece
on refugees since Abbott wrenched leadership from Turnbull and
he has done a good job of talking this issue up out of all proportion.
Kind of speaks for itself doesn't it Ludwig?.
Posted by thinker 2, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 7:02:25 PM
*Boyfriend is in this case a sexist and abusive way to talk of our leaders partner*

Hang on Belly, people have talked of boyfriend and girlfriend for
eons, now suddenly you want to introduce the thought and language
police. Sorry, just because some latte sipping city slickers
dreamt this up, does not mean that its law.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 10:45:26 PM
Fair go bloke! yabby while I have not contributed to the boots in your rib cadge here, apart from one mention,think about this.
Once a long term relationship starts,live in one, we call them partners.
Do you see ANY value in the post condemning JG for security being paid to protect him?
No bloke the post was nit picking.
Further up the thread a poster says he/she would not vote for any of them.
Now consider this, is it more likely he/she is out of step with the rest of us or are we all wrong.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 5:30:24 AM
The only reason I can see why the words 'Boyfriend', Girlfriend' or husband or wife are not used as much, or are seen as 'offencive' is simply because PCisum is out there protecting the rights of a very small minority group, that being the gays.

Boyfriend, girlfriend will always be fine by me.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 7:19:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11