The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Mr Abbott is now a lone wolf.

The big miners and Labor are now as one, signed sealed and delivered.

Mr Abbott has made a commitment to rescind the mining deal should he become Prime Minister.

It's clear that Mr Abbott is now the KISS OF DEATH for the Liberal Party at the upcoming election.

I think that at some stage over the next few months Mr Hockey will be announced as the new Liberal leader; better late than never. After the Liberal election loss Mr Hockey will then also be replaced (for obvious reasons).

The Liberals will very quickly realise that they can't possibly win with Mr Abbott at the helm, owing to the Labor/miners deal. With Mr Hockey at the helm there will be MUCH less voter damage, plus they can also go into the election WITHOUT the commitment to rescind the miners' deal with Labor.

So I'll get in first ......... let me congratulate you Joe on being the new Liberal leader. I'm sure you'll be just as successful as Mr Howard was at the last election, and just as successful as Mr Nelson, Mr Turnbull and Mr Abbott. Congratulations ........ but keep an eye on your back.
Posted by benq, Saturday, 3 July 2010 3:27:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Joe Hockey will make an entertaining Opposition leader, once Abbott loses the election next month :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 3 July 2010 7:28:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe Hockey looks- and behaves- like the most crooked low-time dodgy used-car salesman that walked the earth.
In fact, Turnbull was little different.

I really don't get how anyone would endorse either of these two unless;
1- Out of pure desperation to be rid of Labor, they only care that they're more dynamic in a debate on TV (even though neither can actually make a case as much as put on a good show) and hope that this will make the chumps in Labor look silly.
2- they're gullible idiots (which really applies to the above too).

It's becoming harder to tell which people are promoting the 'moderate, small L liberal' myths about these men (which are total rubbish), are purely spin-doctors or people that sincerely believe it.
Posted by King Hazza, Saturday, 3 July 2010 9:47:19 PM
Mr Hockey, who I think will be placed in the leadership role maybe a mere month or two before the election, will be even more inept than Mr Abbott. But he's not personally encumbered by Mr Abbott's unequivocal determination to rescind the agreement with the miners. Mr Hockey will stage manage a Liberal reversal on the issue (for the sake of more votes at the election).

Both these men are aggressive and immature, and unsuited to lead a political party in our type of democracy. I think that's a pity. We need good, honest, strong opposition, regardless of the political orientation of the opposition.
Posted by benq, Saturday, 3 July 2010 11:52:10 PM
It is difficult for me to see that anyone could persuade Mr Hockey to take on the leadership of the Liberals before the next election. That sort of last minute leadership change is usually only successful when victory is assured, a la Hawke/Hayden. One would imagine that either Hockey or Turnbull is more likely to take the reins after defeat in the coming election with a view in mind to resurrecting Liberal chances for the election following.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 4 July 2010 12:56:13 AM
Who then?
I understand Hockey has the lead but Turnbull has[given recent lessons] the ability.
Who from todays front bench could step up.
Why do Liberals produce people like Bronwyn Bishop Julie Bishop Minchin and Pyne?
Surely they sell only to welded on conservatives.
It is true in time a conservative revival will take place, in my view it will be small l Liberalism.
And apart from America [a country full of Chis Pynes and Julie Bishops ] it will be more attractive to voters.
A start must be made however at the grass roots the Branch's must be retrieved from Minchin matadors
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 July 2010 6:14:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy