The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do you think should be done about 'breeding pure breeds to death' for cosmetics?

What do you think should be done about 'breeding pure breeds to death' for cosmetics?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. 22
  15. 23
  16. All
contd.....

These days infants are bombarded with multiple shots which are coming under significant scrutiny and as soon as a new born is cleaned up its given a Hep B shot. The following vaccines are then administered:

NATIONAL IMMUNISATION PROGRAM SCHEDULE

Hepatitis B (hepB) a

2 months:

Hepatitis B (hepB) b Diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTPa)Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) c,dInactivated poliomyelitis (IPV) Pneumococcal conjugate (7vPCV Rotavirus

4 months:

Hepatitis B (hepB) b Diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTPa) Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) c,dInactivated poliomyelitis (IPV) Pneumococcal conjugate (7vPCV Rotavirus

6 months:

Hepatitis B (hepB) b Diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTPa) Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) cdInactivated poliomyelitis (IPV) Pneumococcal conjugate (7vPCV) eRotavirus j

Of course they don't end there - toddlers, pre-school, primary school, secondary school shots and voluntary adult shots.

I guess it's not just food animals which must be kept "alive" by the pharmaceutical industry these days, hey PP? That's "progress" for you!
Posted by Protagoras, Friday, 18 September 2009 10:38:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Prot:”I guess it's not just food animals which must be kept "alive" by the pharmaceutical industry these days, hey PP?”

No and your kid can’t go to school without them and if you want to travel overseas you have to get even more shots and so do your dogs.

I don’t know why instead of the The Pied Piper you read Soapbox, now get your feet off me.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Saturday, 19 September 2009 7:01:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rstuart

Crapola!

No I was not praising you at all. Oh dear, I wonder what Bronwyn thought.

Your comment really was out of line. I have a question, why were you so polite to Pericles and so completely rude to Bronwyn?

I have my agreements and disagreements with both, but what they do have in common is a high degree of intelligence and cogent writing.

I am really curious, please enlighten me.

PS

Sorry Exam, but this thread has gone completely off the rails - and you can't even blame ME for that.
Posted by Fractelle, Saturday, 19 September 2009 10:05:27 AM
Fractelle

<< No I was not praising you at all. Oh dear, I wonder what Bronwyn thought. >>

Rest assured, Fractelle, I realised straightaway you'd made a rare mistake. I knew you meant to tell rstuart his ad hominem attack on me was completely UNCALLED for. And BTW thanks for the kind words, which are all completely reciprocated in your direction. :)

As for rstuart plucking my views on GM food and vaccination out of the air as an example of a 'religious thing', I've had my say on that. I'll now let his mud slide to the floor where it belongs.

PP

Speaking of people throwing barbs from a low height, I'm rather surprised at the uncalled-for venom in your directive to Protagoras to get her feet off you.

I know she can defend herself perfectly well :) and no doubt will if she considers it important enough, but I hardly think Protagoras of all people needs to use you, PP, or anyone else as a soapbox, and I'm quite sure she had no real intention of doing so.

This is an opinion forum afterall and we are all free to express a view. And with the greatest of respect, we are subjected to a great many of yours - most of them thoroughly delightful I hasten to add. :)
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 19 September 2009 11:09:51 AM
Bronwyn did you get out the wrong side of the bed, trip over your dog, and break your funny bone?

I don’t think anyone would have blinked if I said it to Houel. And anyways Houel – what crawled up your bottom in regard to immunizing children? Least they get a Maccas voucher and a Bravery Award.

I should clarify – I have to immunize, I did it to my own kids but I think with the odd one with autism in the family I would probably delay it a year but I am not allowed to make that call – DoCS insist.

Sorry Mr Stuart, I’ve read both sides and just because there are two sides I’d prefer to not risk it if given the choice.

Exam "in line with the protected species program breeders should be encouraged to maintain genetic diversity" - that was from Hubby cause I had nothing. Can you imagine living with someone who talks like that? Can you imagine the poor bugger having to live with someone who talks like me?[snigger]
Posted by The Pied Piper, Saturday, 19 September 2009 2:20:39 PM
Having not been following this thread, for the reason given in my post to examinator's new topic 'whats your rant', his seemingly ironic comment as to this thread's "blinding success" sucked me in. I went direct to the last page in the thread, page 17. I couldn't believe my eyes!

TPP had posted, in the then last post, post 101:

"Bronwyn did you get out the wrong side of the bed, trip over your dog, and break your funny bone? ..................... Can you imagine the poor bugger having to live with someone who talks like me?[snigger]"

ROFL

IN PRINT! Tell me you knew what you were doing TPP. Tell me, tell me, tell me! I wait with baited breath.

ROFL. ROFL. ROFL.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 19 September 2009 3:18:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20