The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sport and sex scandals

Sport and sex scandals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. 27
  13. ...
  14. 59
  15. 60
  16. 61
  17. All
Dear RobP,

Thank you so much for your
balanced comments.

Comparing your last post and that of
Antiseptic's -
(especially -his last sentence about
the bra-burning ... 1970s females...
etc...) has really confimed
the fact that sadly, not all men
are created equal...
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 10:54:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don’t really see how any imbecile editor or producer could let such a rabid and harmful invasion of privacy get to see the light of day. It is a mark of the breakdown of society as a whole, that private events like this are splashed all over the front pages of newspapers, and peoples lives are destroyed because of it.

There is a law against it. There is a serious stumbling block in the way of enforcing that law, and OLO readers should be asking for it to be abolished. The Federal Court sits without juries, which it shouldn’t, and it won't file controversial court cases which it also should. A Paper or TV Station should be prohibited from trying cases by newspaper of documentary, until after a trial has been conducted, because the Federal Court of Australia was obliged to sit with a jury. The jury would be influenced by the newspaper articles or TV, and no one can get a fair trial under those circumstances.

Two pieces of legislation stand in the way of justice, S 39Federal Court of Australia Act 1976 and Order 46 Rule 7A Federal Court Rules. Abolish those two scurrilous pieces of legislation, and the media would be the ones without their pants on, and their shirts too.

The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights is law, but currently unenforceable, so the Parliament of the Commonwealth is just a paper tiger. Just imagine if it was you being damaged by a newspaper report of something that happened years ago. If the poor girl had a great preacher, she would have realized she would be forgiven in any event. There is too much emphasis on fear and revenge and not enough on love and forgiving
Posted by Peter the Believer, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 11:45:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy:"Comparing your last post and that of
Antiseptic's -
(especially -his last sentence about
the bra-burning ... 1970s females...
etc...) has really confimed
the fact that sadly, not all men
are created equal..."

Yes, mine was pretty good, wasn't it? I especially liked the "sexually-revolting" bit, didn't you? As I recall the 80's, the revolution was still in full swing, but it obviously passed you by.

You can go back to practising pursing your lips and saying "you boys wait till your father gets home" now...
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 1:06:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator; RobP; Maximillion - it was a pleasure to read your insightful posts. You restore my faith in humanity.

Foxy and Ginx - agree!

Well said all :)
Posted by Pynchme, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 2:21:19 PM
Hollowbeak: still not grasping that consensual does not mean 'you/me-and the 5th Cavalry'.

Yabbs: 'not thinking straight'. That classically shows which one of us is not thinking straight.

"I am wondering why anyone, including me would respond to Ginx, a rudeness, willingness to insult and miss use names is always there." (Quote: TINKERBELLY)

Damned if I can figure that out Tinks! Same way I can't figure out a so-called Union guy with conservative views, and with such a low opinion of women! Or did you only represent men?

Now, Tinkerbelly: don't respond. It only encourages me.

( NB: I got that jibe because I disagree with you,....in a way that does not meet with your approval;...about what constitutes a victim. Tough mammies).
Posted by Ginx, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 2:39:07 PM
*That doesn't mean that because she asked for it originally, she wasn't abused and the bad culture doesn't exist. In fact, the clear-eyed will see that the episode just confirms it*

You and others miss the point completely, RobP. It is just your
own narrow opinion about what is "bad culture". If it is seemingly
that bad, then make it illegal. I am simply less judgemental and
more tolerant then you are.

Now look at this critical point. The night before this episode,
the girl took a couple of footballers to the toilets and knocked
em off there. If you, Foxy, or her mother, had pointed out that
it was not a good idea, she well may have laughed in your faces.

This is it with young people, they think they are invincible,
untill they learn otherwise. Why do you think they prang so
many cars below 25?

Cold hard reality is a fast way to learn about life, even if it
causes a bit of pain. Experiencing adversity teaches us how to
deal with it.

If we don't learn in our teens, sometimes we learn much later.
I've seen gullible public servants, who simply don't understand
the cold hard reality of the business world, lose their life
savings and retirement money, because they never learned these
things earlier in life.

Its a fact, sometimes we need a bit of pain to learn.
Mollycoddle and protect people from every adversity, as mothers
commonly try to do, and in the end they will fall so much harder,
when something really tragic happens in their lives.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 2:50:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. 27