The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sport and sex scandals

Sport and sex scandals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. 58
  9. Page 59
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. All
pynchme:"IF we do see 60 percent of professionals as women I would still want to know in what professions that’s occurring"

Why? Are you starting to grasp that some professions are more "professional" than others? The pseudo-professions that have sprung up around healthcare and social studies, such as nursing and social work, not to mention psychiatry and sociology are all dominated by women. The reason that men are still often found at the top of some of those social/medical heaps is largely down to their own choices. On the whole, one doesn't give leadership to people who have always shown a preference for the easy path and that is what characterises the careers of most people in those pseudo-professions, who often chose the "soft" course because they either wanted a "soft" job or they simply weren't up to the academic task of the "hard" courses. Despite women dominating undergraduate Law courses, the Criminal Bar and even Family Law is still dominated by aggressive men, while women gravitate to "nice" fields like corporate law, where noone raises their voice.

pynchme:"Addressing an unequal balance does not rob you of anything except the automatic privilege of getting ahead by holding back half the competing population."

It is by holding back the competing population of boys for the past 40 years that women now dominate academically. The boys are still just as able as they were all those years ago, but the female/gay male dominated education system does all it can to suppress any expression of young masculinity, which means young boys are being treated as potential behavioural-management problems rather than students. Unsurprisingly, a great number of them are turned off education for good as a result of their school experience, which suits the system just fine, because girls aren't much good at trades or lifting heavy things.

pynchme:"Keeping her down keeps them both down"

And keeping him down so she can get ahead is simply discriminatory. Employment is a zero-sum game - there are only so many jobs to go around. Double the workforce and you create as many losers as winners.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 13 June 2009 7:05:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pynchme:"When someone proposes a law or policy that prevents my son from accessing any opportunity that appeals to him then we can talk about discrimination"

There are policies that discriminate against men at all levels. Even the Anti-Discrimination Commissioner has recognised that men have no avenue to address the sytemic discrimination that is occurring and has called for a broadening of the Act to allow her to act against it. Of course, the grrrls have tried to ignore that and the female-dominated Labor Party certainly isn't going to do anything about it.
pynchme:"maybe you should go discuss it with their teachers. "

My son's grade 3 teacher tried to have him diagniosed with ADD and put on ritalin and it was only because I stood up to both the education department and the health department that he was not. Essentially, in grade 3 he was a basket case because she was an appalling teacher who simply did not like boys or men and had never had to justify that view. In her class, the first two rows were all girls and the boys sat at the back. Every single time I visited the class, a boy was sat in the corner with his back to the class. It was due to my complaints that she took early retirement. Thanks to a fantastic male grade 4 teacher, who grasped that my boy was simply lagging a little in cognitive development and took the trouble to establish protocols to assist him while that development occurred that he is now topping his class in grade 6. He's still never received an academic recognition award.

The capital/labour divide has nothing to do with the topic, pynchme, that's just more of your garbled Marxism coming through.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 13 June 2009 7:19:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Antiseptic you go on with a lot of waffle; no evidence just demanding I get my tiny violin out to play a bit of woe. It's crap. At least do youself enough of a favour to researh and think about some of the rubbish you write - and theway you devalue work that is traditionally occupied mostly by females is a complete bloody disgrace. Anyway....

That last - for once I agree with you completely and it's one of things I have championed myself on my son's behalf - same scenario that you describe except in my son's case it was a male teacher.

I don't think the sex of the teacher matters (incompetence transcends sex eh) - and a lot will be women because there are more female teachers. The problem is much bigger than that; I don't think the gender issues are our biggest immediate problem. For one thing, to obtain the 'medication' to turn our kids into speed addicts takes a doctor's authorization; most are signed by males. Most people who own and profit from manufacture and sale of drugs ar men etc etc - BUT, for once let us just put those matters aside. They are not as urgent as the fact that professionals collude about a child's behaviour and mark it as deviant (instead of their own skills as problematic). My son has turned out wonderfully without all that labelling hoopla. I am very glad that you too stuck to your guns on that one.

I have done the same for others; but that's another story.

OUG posted some interesting links about all this over medication biz -have you seen them? I mean; a little over the top, but some great truths in there for sure. It is absolutely vital, IMO, that we pit our will against the fraud of the ADD/ADHD fiasco.
Posted by Pynchme, Saturday, 13 June 2009 8:16:14 AM
Oh and btw I'm not Marxist per se. I am just not enthusiastically capitalist; I have lost patience with wasteful consumerism.

Regardless of which sociio-economic theory prevails, I despise the profit motive as justification for expoiting others.
Posted by Pynchme, Saturday, 13 June 2009 9:11:37 AM
further re pince me story[there is an email apparently in a melbourne court case, but unable to reach our media[clearly too obsessed with the football flue]..anyhow to further the previous comment

more info [in depth found here]

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aTLcF3zT1Pdo#

brief summery..of that other news you would be hearing..[except for the foot balling destractions..laughingly called sport...go watch your homo erotic sport..while rome burns

Lilly Sold Drug for Dementia Knowing It Didn’t Help

Margaret Cronin Fisk,Elizabeth Lopatto and Jef Feeley
Bloomberg
June 12, 2009

Eli Lilly & Co...urged doctors to prescribe Zyprexa for elderly patients with dementia,..an unapproved use for the antipsychotic,..even though the drugmaker had evidence the medicine didn’t work for such patients,..according to unsealed internal company documents.

In 1999,..four years after Lilly sent study results to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration showing Zyprexa didn’t alleviate dementia symptoms in older patients,..it began marketing the drug to those very people,according to documents unsealed in insurer suits against the company for overpayment.

Regulators required Lilly and other antipsychotic drug-makers in April 2005 to warn that the products posed an increased risk to elderly patients with dementia.

The documents show the health dangers in marketing a drug for an unapproved use,..called off-label promotion,..said Sidney Wolfe,/head of the health research group at Public Citizen in Washington.

“By definition,..off-label..means.there is no clear evidence..that the benefits of a drug outweigh the risks,”..Wolfe said.“The reason why off-label promotion is illegal is that you can greatly magnify the number of people who will be harmed.”

In 1999,when Lilly began its marketing push,..Zyprexa’s only approved use was for patients suffering from schizophrenia,..according to the FDA.

In 2008, Zyprexa was Lilly’s best-selling drug,with $4.7 billion in sales,while antipsychotics as a group topped U.S. drug sales last year,with $14.6 billion....anyhow here is sport[to distract you till your meds kic-kkk's in..time to take your medicine like a man

other stuff the media aint telling
http://www.infowars.com/big-pharm-concocts-first-swine-flu-vaccine/
http://www.infowars.com/paulsons-secret-talking-points-reveal-banks-were-forced-to-surrender-ownership-stakes-to-government/
http://www.infowars.com/audio-dr-ron-paul-discusses-bill-to-audit-fed/
http://www.infowars.com/australian-police-forced-to-become-carbon-cops/
http://www.infowars.com/stimulus-fraud-could-hit-50-billion/

go back to sleep
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 13 June 2009 11:29:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Back to the thread.
Of great interest to the subject this week is women in the NRL week.
Pink is the color, well maybe not the one a few posters will want.
My team plays in pink and funds raised go to breast cancer.
A poll says women are still loyal to the game, good to see in cases they have always been the back bone of the sport fixing the bruises and washing the gear not what I had in mind.
Support is the biggest thing they do for game and players.
Sex? yes headlines again today, a young woman has been arrested.
Blame this on the game girls.
she had sex ,with an up and coming player, said it was good, years ago, no threats no force.
But on reading the story we talk about here, demanded $15.000!
blackmail?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 13 June 2009 2:44:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. 58
  9. Page 59
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. All