The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sport and sex scandals

Sport and sex scandals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. ...
  14. 59
  15. 60
  16. 61
  17. All
If as reported the girl said “no” to a player she didn’t want to have sex with and that player stopped, (she said she wanted Johns) then this woman was making decisions in this situation and she was not in any way overpowered. She knew what was going on, she was aware of the presence of multiple men, she chose the one she wanted, they respected her choice for the one she didn’t want - how much more consensual does this have to be?

Anasi,

'The fact that she didn’t go to the police until 5 days later does not necessarily imply a change of mind later. '
No, bragging about it to her co-workers the next day would imply that. Also the picking and choosing which guys she wanted on the night as shown above. Even the fact that by her own admission she didn't say no. The fact that the police interviewed so many people, including hotel staff, and were convinced there was no reason to press charges. Let's face it, the police have a lot more information than what we get from the media.

'Johns himself states that he apologized to the girl in question on the night, that implies that he full well knew that all was not well.
'
It may well, and I thought that a bit odd he said that. Quite suspicious. But who knows, he might have apologised on behalf of his team mates for their behaviour in barging in. I don't think that necessarily implies guilt on his part.

'still having trouble with the notion that women too have sex for personal gratification,'

Oh I agree much with that! That's why so many people have used the phrase 'what if it was your daughter'. People cant possibly accept that a 19yo girl wants to shag 2 guys, and then doesn't object when another 10 guys crash the party. She's a 'daughter', young and innocent. The average 19yo rugby league player is a man, nobody's son that's for sure!
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 18 May 2009 2:33:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ginx,

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25827566/

"The judge ruled that Mosley “had a reasonable expectation of privacy in relation to sexual activities (albeit unconventional) carried on between consenting adults on private property”.

While not exactly the same, there are significant parallels.

The ABC provided a platform for what was essentially a closed "session" to be publicised. That the police found there were no grounds for further police involvement, should be a warning sign to the media that they are simply invading someone's privacy.

I too would like this to go to court so that I can find out how little privacy I really have.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 18 May 2009 4:12:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a textbook exercise in playing up anything that condemns the girl, and playing down anything condemns the 'men'.

Pathetic!!
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 18 May 2009 4:15:53 PM
Tell me what woman is not some ones daughter.
What crap.
and NRL my how we forget.
Sports men, even sports women have played up always.
And come, some of us have too.
The ABC let me down, this story is farmed rubbish, it is to me a true fan of the old girl,this is as bad as that Sydney news paper.
Yes that bad.
Johns is a victim.
It like it or not is part of this countrys cultor group sex.
IQ or social standing has nothing to do with it.
Believe me north shore girls are no different.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 18 May 2009 4:22:44 PM
*Yabby, what codswallop, using ‘basic evolutionary biology’ to excuse what happened.*

Anansi, you clearly don't understand the basics of evolutionary
biology. There is a thing which IIRC they call "parental investment".
It does not just apply to humans. In the case of a male, if all
he invests is an ejaculation, there is virtually no risk, bar a bit
of protein, because he could do the same again a few minutes later.

So how many men slept with the girl would not matter, his sperm
could win and beat the other little sperms. She on the other hand,
risk years of feeding the offspring, so makes a large investment.
In nature, she would be the fussy one.

There is actually a species of bird, where the males raise the chicks,
build the nest etc. They are VERY fussy about which female lays
an egg in their nest, whilst the females just lay one, wherever there
is the opportunity.

In other words, there are clear patterns in nature and we humans,
being part of the species gene pool, also tend to follow those
patterns.

If you look at chimps, when the females come on heat, they do the
"groupsex" thing. Males have evolved to have larger testicles compared
to say gorillas, for more sperm means a higher chance of their sperm
beating other sperm in the race towards the egg. All quite simple
really :)

Ginxy, you are doing a great job at circling the wagons for the
OLO girls club, but sadly your posts lack substance. We'll just
have to keep unhitching those wagons, as you try and circle :)

I did hear on tv on one station, something about the girl having
been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder by some bloke
appearing before a NZ Govt compensation commission. I've heard
nothing more about it since, but does anyone know if she is trying
to claim compensation and has perhaps gone public for that reason
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 18 May 2009 4:38:05 PM
What are you on Ginxy:-)

Nobody is condemning anyone. One can defend the innocence of a man without condemning 'the woman'. You may see voluntarily partaking in a gang bang as condemnation, but I don't. I don't see any of the posters condemning the woman at all, but I see plenty of posters condemning the men.

As I said at the outset, and then again, and now again!

Use your prejudice to the full in deciphering the stories available to create that crystal clear picture in your mind of what you KNOW happened!

What you 'know' happened is that a poor innocent 'daughter' was corrupted and used like a piece of meat when all she wanted was a nice dinner and maybe a kiss on the cheek. What some other posters may 'know' happened was a girl who wanted to shag a couple of footballers and brag about it to her mates later decided she shouldn't have done that and felt dirty when her peers weren't impressed. What I think is that the police probably did their job pretty well, and the rest is speculation based around what people want to believe. I think it's probable that she did feel degraded well after the event, and that the guys who entered the room are the source of the problem here, but nothing non-consentual happened.

Incidently, why would her work mates lie? There'd be just as much attention if they relayed how traumatised she was. Why would they give false statements to police?

Oh, Ginx, what a textbook exercise in playing up anything that condemns the men, and playing down anything condemns the 'daughter'.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 18 May 2009 5:00:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22