The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What really is PETA?

What really is PETA?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. 37
  13. 38
  14. 39
  15. All
Can't believe I am doing this as I have to much real work to do.

Seal response still on the back burner.

Defenceless animals! Aaargghhh.

Dangerous dog legislation.

The Dingo Ate My Baby. (The Dicks-n-Nicks of the world helped gaol an innocent husband and wife and destroy a family unit)

Try doing the tango with an irate Red Kangaroo.

Foxes ripping lambs apart. Defenceless? Please.

Deliver hand bills for extra money and you will find out about defenceless neighbourhood dogs.

Lions
Tigers
African Water Buffalo
Taipan snakes

Good Grief.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Wednesday, 18 June 2008 11:31:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all

Dickie, I don't think this thread is worth persevering with any longer. Beyond making the point that we (animal advocates generally, for PALE's benefit before I am accused of any number of evil affiliations) are in fact advocating - no, insisting - that analgesia must be used on mulesed lambs until the phaseout of the procedure in 2010, there seems little left to say. We have both clarified our individual positions on 1080, and met with the usual rubbish. Let's leave these people to argue amongst themselves. I for one have better things to do than try and make these people understand fundamental morality.

Nicky
PS What terrible things did you say about antibiotics and feedlots?
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 18 June 2008 11:41:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wait there is more. Let’s look at the cuddly, warm, feel good Peta movement. The organisation that some try and publicly deny that it doesn’t have a separate agenda from animal rights.

co•er•cion – noun
1. the act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.

This is a word that describes Peta to a tee. They have been proven to supply donations to a group that uses violence in demonstrations and their web sites use intimidation to coerce people to become like them and follow their lifestyle. Informing people that a vegan lifestyle might benefit them and allowing them to make a personal choice to either ignore that information or take it on board, is one thing. Trying to make people feel guilty by telling them that by eating any animal or fish is murder, is quite simply coercion and intimidation, and something completely different again.

The link below is very interesting and shows Peta and its supporters for what they are.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/downloads/reference/docs/040817_petakids.pdf

Nicky – “I don't think this thread is worth persevering with any longer.”

Neither do I because you have had very little to say that has been sensible or logical. Logical – now there is a word that you and dickie should look up in the dictionary.

Nicky – “Let's leave these people to argue amongst themselves.”

Once again you are horribly confused and addled. The only supporter that you have had is cuphandle. In case you haven’t realised everyone is arguing AGAINST YOU and dickie. We haven’t been arguing amongst ourselves but against you two. DUH!

Nicky - “I for one have better things to do than try and make these people understand fundamental morality.”

Good idea, you wander off and watch the door doesn’t hit you in the arse on the way out. Of course you and dickie are the only ones who understand morality, because you said so, and what you say is gospel. Cheerio.
Posted by myopinion, Wednesday, 18 June 2008 11:58:54 PM
Thanks for the website MyOpinion

it will be useful

What could we argue about?

Very little I would think.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Thursday, 19 June 2008 12:20:27 AM
Hi Nicky

A splendid idea. Why should we engage in dialogue with vain men who boast of their pleasures, tormenting and inflicting pain on timid animals?

And always I am reminded of Chief Seattle's speech to US President Pierce in 1855:

"The whites too shall pass -- Perhaps sooner than other tribes. Continue to contaminate your bed and you will one night suffocate in your own waste.

"When the buffalo are all slaughtered, the wild deer slain, the secret corners of the forest heavy with the scent of many men, and the view of the ripe hills blotted by talking wires.

"Where is the eagle? Gone.
Where is the caribou? Gone.
And what is it to say goodbye to the end of living and the beginning of survival?"

Good night Nicky and may the Karmic force be with you.
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 19 June 2008 1:35:14 AM
These two uni lovers think they are doing the right thing for animals.

They honestly do. This imop is because of the lack of leadership over a very long time. I can assure you the attitudes of these well intended people are muliplied in the thousands.

They dont know any different because they are animal lovers clearly but they are not leaders . I have always said you girls are brain washed. I dont say that to be horrible but because I mean it.

If you try to give them something to look at which is not on the web sites to lobby they all take it as a huge insult.

A example of that can be seen when pale raised MLA giving feed lot owners over accreditations.

Yabby what is your honest opinion of that please? Why should a farmer loose his feed lot accreditation for grain fed if hes feeding grain but simply giving the stock some more space to move around?

Dickie

Listen just before you head for the hills you didnt answer our questions.

These questions had nothing to do with fighting and argueing they were simply about the animals.

I asked you to be honest Dickie and state if you opposed pales efforts to re open abattoirs. It was a simple question and we would appreciate an answer.

Its fair enough if you reply by saying -look pale I am against it because I cant stand the thought of killing animals etc.

I am not going to bite your head off or jump down your throat
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 19 June 2008 6:21:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. 37