The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Before The Bang

Before The Bang

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
"The only way the heart can change is to bring it to Jesus Christ"

The heart pumps blood Gibo, its biology 101. If you want to
understand emotions, study the limbic system, but its not
in your bible.

You need to consider the fact, however awkward for you, that
you have actually been conned in a major way! If we look
at human history, there have been all sorts of religions,
all sorts of so called holy books. Most followers devoutly
believe whatever they were brainwashed with, as kids.
So had you grown up in Iraq for instance, you might be
a very good muslim :)

What is obvious is that most religious believers in fact
have been conned, for clearly they can't all be right,
given the number of interpretations of gods and holy books.

So perhaps I'll just stick to what can be shown by substantiated
evidence, to have some verification, rather then rely on blind
faith. Too many true believers have clearly been led up the
garden path, by religious snake oil salesmen.

"Sex Lives of the Popes", is an interesting read about how
the Christian leaders used to live it up. Next they would
sell indulgences for peoples sins. Thats the history of
the Christian Church and now you are telling me that I should
take notice. Sorry, I'll leave that to IMHO the gullible.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 12:13:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can't believe plenty of Christians Gibo - god said so:

"Then if any man shall say to you Lo, here is the Christ, or, Here, believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets and shall show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the very elect." Matt. 24:23-24

"Therefore by their fruits shall you know them. Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by your name and by your name cast out demons, and by your name do many mighty works? And I will profess to them, I never knew you. Go away from me you who work evil." Matt 7:22-23

So to recap - according to the god you revere, plenty of Christians are in fact, full of bull and won't get into heaven.

I'm glad I'm not a Christian, especially not one of the ones that likes to hang around here and spout hatred for minorities or other religions.
Seems to me that these guts fail to embrace the 'love thy neighbour' aspect of christianity.
The logical conclusion is that they're the ones who'll get rejected by the very god they claim to follow.
After all, according to the passages above, somebody has to.

Ouch. Hope you like it in hell with the rest of us heathens.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 10:05:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boy oh boy!...I just love the way this all comes together, what with the big bang,sex life of a pope,re-born christians and messiah's..

I'm surprised PALE hasn't put it's two cents worth in.

In any event, maybe God had a reason for creating the "the big bang"
Maybe the earth was as it is today and god said..

"to hell with it..it's all gone to pot, I think i'll stick a cracker up the universe's nought and blow it all to hell"

...After all, he is the creator, is he not?

Mention the topic of "we derive from apes" you are liable to get punched from a re-born or given a long drawn-out lecture (like all re-borns do) on how God created Earth.

The evidence is there guys.. whatever is discovered, shedding more and more light on where we actually came from, yet some prize @sshole will go and look up something that only "sounds" like an explanation out of the good book and deftly, with all his gumption, tell you..this is what happened..come on people, yes there is a god, in our minds..yes there was a big bang..there is proof...maybe we derived from a gnats left tit..who gives a flying turd?
Posted by SPANKY, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 12:48:11 PM
They are all warnings TRTL. The New Testament is full of them. We are to test those who reckon they are from God. Not all are. If what they say lines up with the Word and they have been properly trained, they should do well. Their lives have to be special too. Sadly thats not always the case. Its still better to be born again than outside wondering. If we are ready for whats coming...i.e. endtimes... the impact wont be so severe.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 1:00:53 PM
You're undisciplined SPANKY.
If the Bible says God Created the Universe, why so much resistance? The Bible says "all scripture is inspired by God"...2 Timothy 3:16. Why cant you accept that The Holy Spirit came up men and they penned what He wanted them to pen. From the foundation of the earth we have had the voice of God. He speaks to people even today and wont ask you to do anything proud or sinful. Its all no big deal! Too much learning in this age and most of it substandard and unscriptural bringing men to fantasise and make theory and do ungodly things to other men.
I wonder what they are building today in Americas great science war labs to bless other men and women with?
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 1:10:37 PM
Gibo, more importantly, why can't you accept that the bible could be wrong?

It was written by a diverse range of superstitious people, thousands of years ago.
The only verification we have that it's accurate, is the authors themselves.

By that precise same logic, I must be right because I said so.

Actually, no, technically the logic would be that I'm right because I say god says I'm right.

Anyone can claim god's divine truth. The fact of the matter is, He's not stopping anyone.

So Gibo, god said the bible's wrong. Follow that line instead. It's just as logical. In fact, it's more up to date and it hasn't had multiple interpretations by primitive people to muddy it further.

In fact, your arguments apply equally to the Qu'ran and the muslim faith. Or the Hindus. Or the Mormons. Or any of the thousand christian offshoots. Or the buddhists. Or the sun worshipping pagans of wherever you choose to name.

They're all just as convinced they're as right as you are Gibo, and they all make the same 'why can't you understand OUR god's right' kind of noises.

And they're all just as blind as each other, for the fact that they can't see how stupid their competing, conflicting faiths look from the outside.

Why can't you see that? ;)
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 1:20:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11