The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Before The Bang

Before The Bang

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
In order for something to bang there HAS to be matter of some description to react. That matter has also got to be somewhere...in something. And something has to happen in order for a reaction to occur.

So what's the deal with the universe, pre-Big Bang?...scientifically speaking
Posted by StG, Sunday, 7 October 2007 5:33:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The age old question. What came first. The chicken or the egg. I think we humans will never know. I believe its always been there and its also a never ending story of create and distroy. Just take the god way out and save your self a headache. Just kidding. My thoughts on this is, when stars die black holes are formed. I believe that these black holes will all join up and then dence gravity starts to pull matter back in again. Then once everything has been sucked in BANG! It all starts again.

Just a thought.
Posted by evolution, Sunday, 7 October 2007 9:58:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good question, that I'm sure many of us have pondered.

Quite some time ago, I decided that there's currently no satisfactory answer, so I accept that the answer has to be we don't know for now.

Personally, I live with that uncertainty quite happily.

If more evidence comes to light, I'm equally open to being convinced.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 7 October 2007 10:08:16 PM
I think one idea which stands out is the idea of the oscillatory universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscillatory_universe

The universe must always have been becasue you cant have something from nothing.

Time must always have been becasue you cant have a "time" when there was not time.

I have also heard theories that the universe and time are round so eventually we will all come back to the begining and do it all over again!
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 8 October 2007 12:31:14 AM
"In the beginning....God created the heavens and the Earth"

first verse of the first book of the Good Book.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 8 October 2007 5:43:50 AM
Good BD who then made God? from what matter? why?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2007 6:33:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy