The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Before The Bang

Before The Bang

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Evolution~ "What came first. The chicken or the egg?.

The egg. ;o)

I see negatives for every argument. Even religion. Although I'd like to avoid the topic. What is God?. God would have to matter in order to create matter. Wind can't do it. Water can't do it. Good vibes and an extra charismatic personality can't.

I find it interesting that it's one of the obvious, fundamental questions of our existence, but we have no idea. Shows you how limited and basic we actually are.
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 October 2007 6:53:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
~God would have to *be matter....
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 October 2007 6:54:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
guys, visit your library. there are books there that will give you the state of play in layman's language.

the important aspect of reading (popularized) science is that no one claims to have the last word. however, science does have sufficient data to sketch out the last 12 billion years or so with a high figure of confidence. so it's worth putting your bets with the scientific community, rather than the wish-merchants of religion.

maybe there was no 'before the bang', in a sense. maybe there was, in a continuum we can not experience because too alien. either way, 12 billion years is enough history to be going on with, let's turn our attention to the present, and the immediate future: there are pressing matters close at hand
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 8 October 2007 7:58:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Youre right StG.
For a bang, there must be pre-existing material.
This is where Evolution collapses when it says that there was a pond and some little organisms in the pond, and then they split and then they became little fishes, then they grew legs and then they climbed out of the water and up onto the land, and then they mutated and grew hands and feet and tails, and then they climbed up an tree, and then stepped down from the tree as early man. It borders on an insane look at things, showing it as a theory and not to be taught in the schools as set truth.
Who put the pond there, who put that world there, who put that system there, who put that galaxy there and named all of the stars knowing each one by name? God did it all ...and the whole Creation is accepted by faith. Faith in God and His Incredible Power and faith in the Messiah He Sent to save us from the Final Judgment. What happened in the garden at Eden is the truth. Man fell into rebellion... and needed a Redeemer. Jesus. His Blood covering those who come to Him to be forgiven. The penalty for Adams' sin went down the line to all of Adams descendents. All need The Blood because there is no forgiveness for sin without the shedding of blood. This is the simple rule.
Millions of years is the joke.
If it was that long ago then Nostalgia... that great longing for what has been lost in the perfect garden at Eden with the expulsion from the garden... would have faded away into nothinglessness untold aeons ago. The earth maybe old but the life on it is recent. Read Ephesians 6:12-18 about the war between God and satan over mens lives.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 8 October 2007 8:10:44 AM
Hi Belly

please think about your question..and then.. look up 'God' in wiki.
Every word has a definition.... and God..by definition.. (or..by self revelation I prefer) has no beginning..no end..
In any case..the idea of 'beginning' and 'end' are related to our understanding of 'time'...which itself is created by God.

STARTING POINT... in understanding God.. must always be "His self revelation"

STG.. I'm sorry mate..I can't contribute anything to the science aspect.. try (Rev) Dr John Polkinghorne :)

Demos.. you continue to make rather wise comments.... 'onya moit'
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 8 October 2007 8:43:56 AM
I love how everything is SO simple for most people of faith. I reckon the thing that annoys me is that they let someone else do the thinking for 'em.

I'm a Christian. And staunch Pro-Israel. But mate, ask some questions sometime. Blind faith makes you no different to fundi 'anyone'. You are all only separated by circumstance.
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 October 2007 8:57:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy