The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
cont'd

There's more at the following link:

http://sbs.com.au/news/article/australian-scientists-find-possible-genetic-link-to-gender-dysphoria/oOpovjcjh
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 August 2024 11:25:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kudos for this post mhaze.
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=10466#363885

Girl gets raped in bathroom for Diversity (DIE) "intersectionalism"- therefore Diversity (DIE) and intersectionalism are evil and bad.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 31 August 2024 3:36:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

I did explain it. Ironically, it is only you who is doing the asserting with your 'nuh-uh!'

If you want to offer more than a mere 'nuh-hu', then you'll at least need to critique my reasoning.
Posted by John Daysh, Saturday, 31 August 2024 4:15:50 PM
This is how I see the 'science' of it all.
There are three main aspects to a person.
Firstly, physical shape.
Secondly, sexuality. (sexual drive or preference)
Thirdly, what I call emotional outlook.
These can all vary from strongly male to strongly female.
When all are male, we have a typical male.
When all are female, we have a typical female.
However, due to genetic error and other variation, there can be odd combinations.
This results in persons who can be physically one thing, but emotionally and sexually another.
All quite simple really.
We need to accept the reality of it all.
Were one of your children to be so varied, would you reject them out of hand?
If so, are you a good parent?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 2 September 2024 3:32:11 PM
Dear Ipso Fatso,

Great post and I agree - thank you!

The problem is only when this natural thing is being turned into an "identity", then further when that "identity" is politicised.

Nothing in our body or mind, including the three aspects you mentioned (the physical shape of our body; our sexual preferences; and our emotional outlook) has anything to do with our identity: we HAVE a body, we HAVE a mind, but we are not identical to either.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 2 September 2024 3:46:52 PM
Ones 'identity' or 'gender' is the combined effect of ones individual aspects?
But it might be largely decided by ones 'emotional outlook'?
Whatever the situation, now we are aware of it, we need to accept the reality of it all.
It alarms me that some religious groups have such a narrow minded and harmful approach.
I see it as a natural quirk of nature, which aims to limit population growth.
This means we should assist nature by encouraging 'variations' not to reproduce?
I don't mean that harshly.
It is just a mild observation.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 2 September 2024 5:20:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17