The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. All
Yuyutsu,

Each of us follow what we choose to believe in.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 September 2024 11:48:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

I've always been fascinated with other cultures and beliefs.
Plus, I've always wanted to visit Israel. Many of my teachers
as well as mentors at work, were Jewish. I'm deeply indebted to them
and value their friendships to this very day.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 September 2024 11:55:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

Talking about Jews and Christians?

I just remembered another joke:

In the 1920s some establishments in New York City did not
allow Jews as guests. Well, Mrs Goldstein decided she
was going to stay at one of the most exclusive hotels
for an evening.

She signed in and the concierge seeing her name said - "You
can't stay here!"

Mrs Goldstein asked - "Why not?"

The concierge pointed to the sign which was clealry marked -
"No Jews allowed!"

Mrs Goldstein firmly said - "I'm not Jewish."

The concierge replied - "Really? with a name like Goldstein?"

"I'm not Jewish,"Mrs Goldstein replied firmly.

"Ok, tell me where Jesus was born?" asked the concierge.

"Bethlehem," replied Mrs Goldstein.

"Where in Bethlehem?" asked the concierge.

"In a manger," replied Mrs Goldstein.

"Ah, why was he born in a manger?" asked the concierge.

" Because, schmucks like you wouldn't rent out a room to a
nice Jewish couple," replied Mrs Goldstein smiling.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 September 2024 5:19:24 PM
Dear Foxy,

«Each of us follow what we choose to believe in.»

These are only jokes - I don't think that anyone today believes that God sent Jesus to Israel in order to become a better Jew... but this is the version of this joke that I heard.

Here is an adult Jewish joke:

Three men argue in a pub about the looks of Jesus:

One said: "See me, I am tall, blond, handsome - Jesus must have looked just like me!"
The second said: "See my muscles, See my broad arms, Jesus looked strong just like me!"
The third said: "No, Jesus came from the Middle East so he was thin, his skin was tanned and his eyes black just like mine!"

There entered a Jew - small, weak, short and hunched, dull balding hair, eyes drooping, wearing glasses and with unsymmetrical features. Watching the argument he exclaimed in a creaky voice:

"Jesus? You want to know how Jesus looked? He was a Jew like me, he looked exactly like me and I can prove it!"

Well the guys had nothing more interesting to do than to mock that Jew, so they told him, "Yes, you better prove it or we beat you into pulp".

So the Jew said, "follow me" and led them out in the streets, there he entered the red-light precinct and with the three following behind he approached a two-storey house and climbed the stairs facing a fancy door labelled "MARIA".

"Now the proof, said the Jew and knocked on the door".

Maria opened the door and exclaimed: "Jesus, are you here again for the third time today?"
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 10 September 2024 1:31:17 AM
Yuyutsu,

My earlier comment "Each of us follow what we choose
to believe in," was not a reference to anything specific.
It was a general comment.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 10 September 2024 1:35:22 PM
"Each of us follow what we choose to believe in,"
Foxy,
I'm afraid that kind of thinking is what causes so many problems because people with that mentality chose not to see reality & demand others respect that ! This is just so terribly, terribly wrong & utterly selfis
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 12 September 2024 8:34:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy