The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

What if the Law Overules Science ? What are the Implications ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
Dear Foxy,

«Self-determined gender is a cornerstone of a person's identity.»

I have no problem with people determining their gender, though I cannot see why one would care to do so and why we even talk about genders.

While some people may not be happy when others do not recognise the gender they chose for themselves, that has absolutely nothing to do with who one is.

That is why I had much difficulty answering surveys, when one of the first questions they asked me was "what gender are you" or "which gender do you identify with" - obviously I am not a gender and not identical with any such gender - I would have to be a complete imbecile to believe that I was a gender, hence I could never complete these surveys. Sometimes they allowed me the option "other" with a space to write "what gender I am", so I would tick that box and write: "I AM NOT A GENDER".

Should they ask me such a stupid question in the next census, like "are you a door or a window?", I guess I will have to pay heavy fines for not being able to complete it.

Apart from that, I never sought any legal recognition: if these legislator bastards do not recognise me, I can only consider it as a badge of honour.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 30 August 2024 3:32:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

It is important to many transgender people to have their
gender identities legally recognized. In many parts of the
world transgender people are still denied the right to have
their gender identity legally recognized.

This may not be important to you but it is to many transgender
people because legal gender recognition allows transgender and
gender diverse people to change their sex/gender and names on
official identity documents.

Inconsistencies between a person's identified gender and their
official documentation can create barriers that can limit a
person's access to health, education, employment, and public
services.

Gender awareness is necessary simply because no one is ever
completely able to step outside of the social and cultural
processes that partly shape our identities, values, and
perceptions.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 30 August 2024 4:03:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

One may have a gender, and one may even like it very much, but no one can have a gender-identity: that is a logical impossibility - only a gender can be identical with a gender.

«legal gender recognition allows transgender and
gender diverse people to change their sex/gender and names on
official identity documents.»

Then deal with the root of this problem - abolish the need to have such stupid documents!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 30 August 2024 4:10:37 PM
Yuyutsu,

Thanks for sharing your views.

I no longer wish to argue with your logic.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 30 August 2024 4:24:14 PM
Hudson Institute of Medical
Research has a new study which has uncovered a link between
transgender and changes in genes that have a possible
biological basis for gender dysphoria.

Hudson Institute of Medical Research is a leading medical
research institution recognized internationally for discovery
science and translational research.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 August 2024 11:17:24 AM
"I've already explained why you had egg all over your face:"

No you didn't explain it, you asserted it. I doubt you'll understand the difference.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 31 August 2024 11:24:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16