The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The American Presidency - Showmanship Or Substance?

The American Presidency - Showmanship Or Substance?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. 22
  15. 23
  16. All
Hi Foxy,

A dear friend of mine is a Senator and a Muslim, and I can tell you she is no "token women". Given an issue, and there's no better fighter for what she believes in than Senator Mehreen Faruqi. I don't know Fatima Payman at all, but I do admirer her for standing up for what she believes in. I personally wouldn't vote for any religious based political party, I recall how wacko the old Rev Fred Nile group were in NSW politics.

BTW; Anyone who thinks Penny Wong is some kind of "token" is a fool, but then again its ttbn, who was raving on about dementia on another thread.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 6 July 2024 12:45:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

Growing up my family who as you know fled from
the Soviet Regime, voted only for the Liberal
Party. Menzies was strongly supported. As were
the other Liberal leaders that followed him.

I never questioned anything in those days.
Things changed after I travelled over the world.
Especially living and working in the US.

t was quite an education.

It will be interesting to see what America decides.
And even what whether Biden decides to run or step
aside.

I'm keeping my fingers-crossed for a good outcome for
us all.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 6 July 2024 1:13:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Someone said that America should be a diarchy with both Trump and Biden as Presidents. Between them they would satisfy 100% of the population. Trumps a criminal, that's 50% of Americans satisfied, Bidens an idiot, that satisfies the other 50%. Problem solved.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 6 July 2024 1:50:44 PM
Hi Paul,

Trump simply can't be elected.

He just can't.

Imagine what would happen to the Ukraine. To China's
attempted influence in the Pacific. To the Baltic States
and other former Soviet occupied lands. To giving Israel
a freer hand. And the list goes on.

Apart from all these things - the man believes he's been
exonerated by the Supreme Court's ruling despite the fact
that none of his pending cases have been dismissed nor have
the verdicts already reached against him been overturned.

All its given him is a delay. He's not been exonerated and
his legal troubles are far from over. A delay in his Washington
trial on charges of election interference has been indefinitely
extended. Also he will still face criminal charges in 2
other criminal cases, and the verdicts reached against him in a
criminal and a civil case have not been overturned.

As for Joe Biden?

Did you happen to see the ABC - interview with Biden a day or so
after the debate? He did very well.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 6 July 2024 2:44:05 PM
"Did you happen to see the ABC - interview with Biden a day or so after the debate? He did very well."

From the transcript of that interview....

"George Stephanopoulos: What I want to get at is, what were you experiencing as you were going through the debate? Did you know how badly it was going?

Joe Biden: Yeah, look, (pause) the whole way I prepared, nobody’s fault, mine. Nobody’s fault but mine. I prepared what I usually would do sitting down as I did, came back as foreign leaders or the National Security Council, for explicit detail. I realized about part way through that I could quote it, the New York Times had me down at 10 points before the debate, nine now or whatever the hell it is. The fact of the matter is that what I looked at is that he also lied 28 times. I couldn’t. I mean, the way the debate ran, not my fault, no one else’s fault."

Now admittedly, compared to Kamala he sounds like a genius, but that response is utterly incoherent, complete gibberish. And bear in mind, the interviewer was a personal friend of the Bidens, the interview was recorded and edited so that the worst parts could be wiped, and in all likelihood Biden was give the questions before-hand.

If that was doing "very well" then your expectations are laughably low.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 6 July 2024 5:37:16 PM
So Foxy digs up some highly partisan propaganda that claims to show Trump abuses of power. I point out that the list is entirely fact free and doesn't show a single factual instance of abuse of power by Trump (although it does show some examples of things Biden did which are abuses of power). Now the sane thing for Foxy to do would be to show how indeed her list was factual.

Instead she, and Paul who likewise falls for the propaganda, gather around and try to ensure each other that all is well and they aren't being led down the garden path. Search for truth it ain't.

There's a new report from the New York Magazine which is titled "The Conspiracy of Silence to Protect Joe Biden The president’s mental decline was like a dark family secret for many elite supporters."

The report shows how family, friends, supporters, donors and the close media, all knew about the decline of Biden's mental state over the past three years, but were determined to hide it from the public because they didn't want to help the Republicans back into power. Here's the link although I know the usual suspects won't read it...mustn't read anything that doesn't support the narrative...
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/conspiracy-of-silence-to-protect-joe-biden.html

Here's the thing. Over the years we see all the TDS crowd saying that the stories about Biden are rubbish because the only place you see it is in conservative media. Of course we can now prove that the reason it wasn't in the progressive media was that they were actively seeking to fool the public. And those anxious to be fooled were indeed fooled, weren't they Foxy, weren't they Paul.

Now this should be a learning experience but they are incapable of learning. If you reject information because it doesn't come from sources you approve, you end up relying on the honesty of the sources you approve. And if they are dishonest, as we now know they are, you just end up being fooled, over and over and over.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 6 July 2024 6:36:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20