The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The NDIS debacle

The NDIS debacle

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. 16
  14. All
ttbn,

"I seem to remember that you defended them at one stage. Robodebt?"

Your memory is faulty, I've never defended cheats. As for those receiving aged welfare while hiding assets and benefits, its not uncommon, so based on your premise, the way to stop rorting, is to stop the system, lets cut off all aged welfare that will certainly stop the rorters. Agree?

p/s As for Robodebt I wouldn't be defending the Coalition criminals involved, why should I?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 June 2024 9:39:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul

You defended them alright. You defended and still defend anyone against the Coalition government, pussies though they are. It's in your DNA. You were sobbing all over the place as Centrelink rounded up the cheats.

And, just so you know, Aged Pensions are not ‘welfare’. It is nothing like NDIS.

The Age Pension has been around since 1909, allowing people not as wealthy as you are to live with some dignity.

NDIS has been around since 2013. Before that people managed well enough. Now they want to wallow in luxury because of lately invented diseases and mental complaints.

Yes. It should be abolished. There are disability pensions, Medicare and NGOs/charities getting generous tax relief and taxpayer subsidies to help the less fortunate.

People with health problems should be helped, not rewarded for having them.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 June 2024 8:11:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

"You defended them alright..." Unfortunately senility is also a disability, maybe you should sign up for the NDIS.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 11 June 2024 8:43:36 AM
Paul

It doesn't take you long to resort to personal abuse. You sometimes show a glimmer of common sense, but you always manage to blow it.

Shame on you for using the awful condition of dementia just to have a go at me.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 June 2024 9:10:33 AM
Given data on the web shows "that
the NDIS continues to have a positive impact on
the lives of participants, their families, and
carers - with recent data highlighting improvements
in areas such as employment and community participation."

Surely then the NDIS is worthy of our support if it
makes such an impact and difference to people's lives?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 11 June 2024 9:32:32 AM
AC wrote: "I'm willing to bet both my testicles the Chinese don't pay $389.00 for a shower chair"

Me too. Because (and stop me if I mentioned this before) China doesn't have an NDIS scheme and therefore the government doesn't pay ANYTHING for its disabled folk. Dredging up quotes about how they have legislation on disabled people is quite superfluous. I'd venture every nation on earth has such legislation since it costs the government nothing to do so. Its only rich nations who actually care for their less fortunate that have NDIS-style systems and China doesn't fit either of those descriptors even though you might swoon over their government.

I think it takes a particularly small and insular mind to go from the system is being rorted to saying the system has to be abandoned.

The disabled aren't doing the rorting, so they ought not be punished. The rorters need to be found, exposed and severely punished but I doubt government, any government but particularly this one, is up to that job. the system will be much more efficient and equitable when the government extracts itself from the process of running it and just becomes the bank for it.

That'll happen but not until things become much worse.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 11 June 2024 11:27:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 14
  12. 15