The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The NDIS debacle

The NDIS debacle

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
Spoke to my friend earlier, she said she spent the day being spat on and bitten.
No titty grabs today though, maybe she'll have better luck there tomorrow.

One of her previous clients was a 40 year old wheelchair bound man that likes to wear bikinis and demanded she take him looking for sex toys to buy, which he also requested she use on / in him, as he is physically unable to.
- He was a bit of a perverted handicap client that one.
Perhaps you'd like some more juicy details and stories...

On second thoughts, I'm not really sure I could or should share such details here tbh.
Some things just aren't in good taste, and I'm not sure it's right to open such a window into the private lives of the less fortunate.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 9 June 2024 6:46:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow! $20 billion dollars in taxes rorted yearly from the ndis. Even by Bowen's "Whizz it up against a wall" pricing policy, that's over 2 gigawatts of nuclear generating capacity that could be paid for each year.

For all its good intentions, rorting on that scale needs immediate redress.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 9 June 2024 8:38:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Aries54,

You've hit the nail on the head, the NDIS makes a worthwhile and valuable contribution to the well being of Australian society. Under the stewardship of Bill Shorten things can only improve. I put the NDIS up there with Medicare as one of the best Labor social welfare
initiatives of modern times.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 June 2024 5:11:07 AM
Good to see that AC has dropped his Chinese-do-it-better rubbish although, having written two posts lauding the Chinese (non-)system, he now says he didn't. Go figure. Still it didn't take too much work to get him to see a little of the truth.

Unfortunately he replaces one form of BS claims with another - he now tells us that that NDIS overpays $5 to $10 billion on 'stuff'. No evidence for that mind you, just a number he made up and then pretends is valid.

There's little doubt that NDIS is a money-pit. Its a government run system so how can it be otherwise? The costs blow out; targets are never met; claims explode; the numbers claiming they need to be covered expands exponentially. It was always going to be thus.

What needs to happen is a radical rethink of the service delivery system and getting the failed public service out of the process. But that will never happen until the system becomes such a drain of the nation that a radical solution becomes the only option.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 10 June 2024 12:25:28 PM
I've listened to Bill Shorten and so many others on
both the news and programs like Q and A.

Everyone seems to be aware that so many NDIS participants
are not getting the support they need.

We're told that there is too much fraud. That criminals are
infiltrating the scheme. That 3rd parties are taking
advantage of the system.

There is a long list of criticisms. And the conclusions are
that the government needs to start fixing the scheme. It
needs to stop the fraud and put people with disabilities
back at the centre of the scheme - to ensure we're told
that it will still be here for future generations.

I believe that the NDIS scheme is as fundamental to
Australia as Medicare.

Bill Shorten promises that his department has a plan and
a strategy that is going to be implemented. He tells us we
need to support quality service providers and clamp down on
unethical practices.

Let's hope that the plans will do just that and fix the system.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 10 June 2024 1:10:08 PM
All this gobbledegook is a waste of time.

Australians knew from its inception that NDIS was going to be unaffordable and wide open to criminal fraud.

The scheme has been proved to be just that.

It's only back in the news because a couple of crooks were unlucky enough to be caught.

Shorten has been goggle-eyed and flat-footed for two years; he doesn't have a clue. Only a complete shut down of the circus will put a stop
it.

And all of you rabbiting on about it here, whether from boredom or the belief that anymous twaddle gets noticed, don't get a say in it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 June 2024 1:59:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All