The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The NDIS debacle

The NDIS debacle

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. 16
  17. All
mhaze,
Ahh, you never stop nitpicking me over facts that don't matter.
Why do you do that, what's wrong with you?
Like some constant one-upmanship that I couldn't give a toss about.
No offense.

I thought this discussion was about 'unreasonable costs of the NDIS system in Australia.
What do whatever the Chinese do in their country have to do with anything?

"I'm willing to bet both my testicles the Chinese don't pay $389.00 for a shower chair"
I didn't say 'chinese government', you nitpicker.

You think the fact that China doesn't have NDIS, doesn't mean that chinese people don't still need to own AND purchase shower chairs?
85 million disabled people, I'm betting they still need shower chairs.
- And I'm stil willing to bet both my testicles the Chinese don't pay $389.00 for a shower chair.

Forget shower chairs, what about wheelchairs?
How much is the local shonky sheister slapping on the cost of a wheelchair?
Buy a container load for $7000 a unit and charge the government $25k a piece for them?

You go through the whole entire government like this, just making it spend the money it collects from others more wisely and there would be tens if not hundreds of billions in savings.

That's my argument, to your concerns about the NDIS costs.

"I think it takes a particularly small and insular mind to go from the system is being rorted to saying the system has to be abandoned.
The disabled aren't doing the rorting, so they ought not be punished."

I never said anything about abandoning the system.
I'm just saying 'try getting better value for every dollar spent'
In truth if you could save on the overpriced goods, you could instead spend that money you saved on upgrading facilitates for example.

Bottom line, you can bet if the money spent was coming out of the POLLIES OWN POCKETS, those cheapskates who can't rort the system enough themselves for their own travel allowances would not see a single dollar wasted needlessly.

And the bucks gotta stop somewhere.
I place the blame on government incompetence.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 9:38:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy asked: "Why can't the Federal government work together with states and territories to get the best results for disabled people."

The answer is the fifth word of your question.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 9:48:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Ahh, you never stop nitpicking me over facts that don't matter.
Why do you do that, what's wrong with you?"

Translation.... stop pointing out that my inane claims are inane claims and let me make my inane claims unassailed.

"What do whatever the Chinese do in their country have to do with anything?"

Well you're the one who raised the Chinese as exemplars of how to do it right. I've just spent a small amount of time pointing ot that that is an inane claim.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 9:55:28 AM
"Facts that don't matter".

That takes the cake.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 10:09:36 AM
"starting to stabilise according
to the latest Annual Financial Sustainability Report
(AFSR) released last year."

The AFSR is written by the NDIS itself. So grain of salt time. The NDIS telling us what a great job the NDIS is doing is hardly convincing.

But even taking their own numbers at face-value they say that they got the projections for 2023-34 WRONG by 8% (yeah 8% -wow!) so why would would be put the slightest faith in what they say about the projections for 10 years out when they are so bad at their projections for one year out.

Most worrying for the nation is that they think that the cost of the NDIS will go from 1.61% of GDP in 2023 to 2.33% of GDP by 2033. Either we are going to have a lot more disabled folk or the costs are going to explode. (Remember the GDP is projected to increase by around 20% in that period so they expect to spend a much higher portion of a much higher pool of funds). And that is supposed to be comforting.

That's why I say things will get much worse and only then will things change.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 10:32:44 AM
Thanks Paul. I suspect the belief that the world is going to Hell goes back a long way.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 12 June 2024 10:35:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11