The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The NDIS debacle

The NDIS debacle

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
ttbn,

There are many who defraud the aged welfare system, a very expensive handout, (know of one greedy fella collecting the full aged welfare but has $6 million buried in family trust, of which he is not a beneficiary ha,ha). Given fraud in aged welfare like that, should it not be disbanded immediately?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 June 2024 4:13:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Good to see that AC has dropped his Chinese-do-it-better rubbish although, having written two posts lauding the Chinese (non-)system, he now says he didn't. Go figure. Still it didn't take too much work to get him to see a little of the truth."
- I'm willing to bet both my testicles the Chinese don't pay $389.00 for a shower chair like this.
https://www.mobilityhq.com.au/shower-stool-w-arms-padded-seat-zinc-550mm

- Just as well it's on bloody special too.
Normally $778.40 - Save $389.40!!
NDIS APPROVED !!
Thumbs up !!

This shower chair looks like a $15 piece of junk from Kmart
Are you quite happy to be charged $778.40 for it?
Maybe 50 times its real value?

The Australia people are getting ripped off.
And if they are paying near $800 for this....
The how many other items is the government will to pay 'top dollar and then some' with no questions asked

And then the question is wtf are we arguing about
wtf did you post this topic for if you don't actually want to hear how the Aussie are being taken to the cleaners with incompetent shady bureaucrats and a PM who reminds me of Mr. Magoo, and is probably as switched on.
http://youtu.be/t8GTHXTEvIc

HAVE I NOT MADE MY POINT?

I'm with Fester, lets save some money and build some nuclear power plants.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 10 June 2024 4:26:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As for Chinese disability services, I did actually take a look the other day.

Taking Steps Toward Disability Inclusion in China
http://ssir.org/articles/entry/disability-inclusion-china
"With 85 million people with disabilities, or 6.5 percent of the population, China has enacted more than 60 laws and regulations aimed at safeguarding the rights of individuals with disabilities, encompassing those with visual, auditory, linguistic, physical, intellectual, psychological, and multiple disabilities. Over the past 30 years, it has made substantial improvements in the living conditions and social status of people with disabilities due to rapid economic growth, administrative and legislative actions, and the dedicated efforts of nonprofit organizations that champion the disability community."

China has made remarkable advancements in disability protection: Chinese expert
http://english.www.gov.cn/news/202403/12/content_WS65efa971c6d0868f4e8e5003.html
"Over the past decade, China's disability sector has witnessed remarkable achievements, she said, adding that over 7.1 million people with disabilities in rural areas have been lifted out of absolute poverty and a special welfare system has been established nationwide, including two subsidies for disabled people and rehabilitation aid for disabled children.
She also said services offered for persons with disabilities have transformed from partial coverage to inclusion of the entire disabled population, from temporary assistance to institutionalized protection and from individualized support to regularized services."

No matter what the real truth is, they're obviously working to improve their standard of care - which is a good thing, so what exactly do you want?
- Maybe you wanted to tell everyone how the Chinese murder their handicapped and eat them raw with their bare hands in a yearly bloodfeast festival instead?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 10 June 2024 4:39:49 PM
"Australians knew from its inception that NDIS was going to be unaffordable and wide open to criminal fraud."

Set the 'fraud' part aside.
The 'daylight robbery' I'm seeing right here isn't done sneakily behind closed doors
It's right out there in the open for ALL TO SEE.
http://www.mobilityhq.com.au/shower-stool-w-arms-padded-seat-zinc-550mm

I wonder how many disability care services actually own disability equipment businesses, and one business is charging the other business top dollar and the owner actually owns both business?
Hire staff, sit back, suck up all the NDIS government money like a syphon...
Why, because the government is stupid enough to create a system that allows them to do it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 10 June 2024 4:53:06 PM
Paul

I'm sure people cheat Centrelink. But I seem to remember that you defended them at one stage. Robodebt?

But, trusts are perfectly legal. I don't think spending NDIS money on booze, prostitutes, holidays and Mercedes’s is legal.

But, my comments are about everyone chuntering on about the NDIS, knowing full well they don't have to fix it, have no idea how to fix it, any more than Buffalo Bill Shorten knows how to fix it. The thing has probably been rorted right, left and centre since 2013.

My message to all the amateurs here is this: unless they can change things, get over it.Look up the serenity prayer.

Their only control over what goes on is a vote every three years. And, as you said the other day, 80% of them even let politicians tell them how to do that! Windbags the lot of them.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 June 2024 6:55:07 PM
When Daniel Andrews is made a Companion of the Order of Australia in in the King's birthday list, you know how far down the gurgler this country has gone, and how much your tiny little voices will be noticed.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 June 2024 9:37:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16