The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ICC Seeks Arrest Warrants For Israel , Hamas Leaders.

ICC Seeks Arrest Warrants For Israel , Hamas Leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. ...
  14. 26
  15. 27
  16. 28
  17. All
Hi Paul,
It appears the 'decapitated child' event I posted about above relates to the incident you just referred to.

Different tweet but same video as above
http://x.com/AnasAlSharif0/status/1794814878479470815
"Breaking: Dozens of casualties have resulted from an Israeli airstrike on displaced persons' tents near UNRWA warehouses northwest of Rafah."

Israeli military seems to have a need to inflict terror and punishment upon the Palestinians collectively.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 27 May 2024 9:24:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Yes, everything is by God's will:
Will you happily accept God's decisions whether for peace or for war (or for anything in between)?"

Hi Yuyutsu,
I tend to think differently, on account of man having free will.
If man didn't have free-will then there would be no such thing as 'sins'
If man has free will then how can everything be attributed to god, even say for example atrocities against children?

I don't see these dead kids being the result of 'Gods will'.
- I believe the causes of their deaths to be the result of 'Mans will'.

I do not believe that such acts are God's doing. (If he/she/it indeed exists)
Do you believe God would support the harm and suffering of innocent children?
Maybe its just my own beliefs, but I believe that God (if he/she/it exists) is 'good over evil ' light over darkness' love over hate'.
I'm not sure I can believe that 'God's Will' can be attributed to such horrible things that man has committed against his fellow man himself.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 27 May 2024 9:39:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

God told us to love others as ourselves.
We have free will. So when we bully, cheat, or kill
it's our choice. And we ultimately reap what we
sow.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 27 May 2024 11:10:31 PM
Dear Critic,

I appreciate your sincere contemplation about God and free will.

To answer your questions adequately would require depth and time, and therefore patience - do you have this patience?

In brief, we can look at reality from different levels.

There is the level of dreams: they are very convincing while we are there, asleep, and we believe everything there to be real. There too we experience a kind of free will, there too we occasionally experience cruelty and suffering, but when we wake up we realise that it was only a dream and laugh at our foolishness in believing the contents of our dream to be real.

Then there is the level of the world - the transactional level which we think of as objective because in it we can transact consistently with others through our senses. Here too we experience free will, cruelty and suffering. Our experiences here can be described as more solid than in our dreams - but this too is not the ultimate reality, this too can be likened to a dream compared with the ultimate reality, which is God.

The ultimate reality (or God) cannot be described in words, because words belong in the transactional level. God does not exist or operate in this world just as you, the dreamer, do not exist or operate as a character in your dreams - yet the world can be described as God's creation just as your dreams can be described as your creations, and the world can be said to operate by God's will in the sense that your dreams operate in accordance to the will of their dreamer.

Individual free will and sinfulnesss, pleasure and pain, good and evil, light and darkness, love and hate, the magnificent and the horrible, they all exist - it would be foolish to claim them not to, but their existence is only relative, relative to this intermediate level of reality which we call "world". The world is made of pairs of opposites and once we wake up from it remembering who we really are, those opposites become laughable.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 27 May 2024 11:51:13 PM
Dear Paul,

«Answer this for me; What sort of animal would use planes loaded with incendiary bombs to attack and burn to death innocent children. I call them Zionists, if you want to call them Teddy Bears, that's your choice.»

I will go along with your suggestion:

Suppose we already established that an innocent child died.
Suppose we already established that s/he was burned to death.
Suppose we already established that s/he was burned by an incendiary bomb that was dropped from a plane.

Teddy Bears are indeed terrible animals that better go extinct, yet:

How can one distinguish whether the plane which dropped the bomb was operated by a Teddy Bear, or by a pilot who obeyed their order to drop that bomb based on intelligence that there is/are dangerous terrorist(s) below, but only on the strict condition that they see no children there, which they indeed searched for but failed to find (perhaps because the children were deliberately well hidden nearby the terrorists)?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 12:17:22 AM
Dear Foxy,

«God told us to love others as ourselves.
We have free will. So when we bully, cheat, or kill
it's our choice. And we ultimately reap what we
sow.»

Thank you for your true words, so please allow me to rephrase:

So long as we subjectively experience having a free will,
we also subjectively experience the painful fruits of misusing it to bully, cheat or kill.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 12:25:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20