The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ICC Seeks Arrest Warrants For Israel , Hamas Leaders.

ICC Seeks Arrest Warrants For Israel , Hamas Leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. All
Dear Foxy,

You are already aware of my views toward the present Israeli government - may they all (other than Yoav Gallant, who is still there by accident and is likely to soon be sacked) perish soon and rot in hell.

As for Ben Gurion, he did not believe a word of what he said: how could he claim "It is true God promised it to us" when he never even believed in God?! - Thus we need to find the context why he said it, for what particular occasion, knowing well that he is speaking nonsense.

«Israel's policies toward the Palestinian people range from
1948»

Israel had no policies in 1948. The situation was chaotic and different decisions as to the fate of the local Arab population were made individually by junior military commanders, typically ranking Captains and aged in their early 20's.

«Israeli historian Ilan Pappe writes:»

This is OLO, "Online Opinion", so I am more interested in your own views. If Mr Pappe wants to express his, then nothing stops him from registering and commenting here.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 June 2024 5:14:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

Ilan Pappe is an Israeli historian.

I'm not.

Therefore I prefer facts to opinions.

If you don't like my posts you're under no
obligation to read them.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 June 2024 11:01:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

«Therefore I prefer facts to opinions.»

"We all deserve a better ending to the story of the Holocaust..."
"Nothing like that could happen if we continue to fall into the trap of treating mythologies as truths."
"Colonized people, even under the UN Charter, have the right to struggle for their liberation"

These all are opinions too: an historian's opinions are still... just opinions.

I do prefer the opinions of OLO members whom I can interact with over these pages, yours included!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 14 June 2024 11:16:33 AM
Yuyutsu,

That's where we differ.

I prefer informed opinions based on facts.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 June 2024 12:03:39 PM
Dear Foxy,

Opinions may (or may not) be SUPPORTED by facts, but are otherwise also based on emotions and personal preferences.

What is based on facts alone, is called a CONCLUSION, not an opinion.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 14 June 2024 1:39:51 PM
Yuyutsu,

I prefer to draw judgements based on factual evidence.
On facts that are verifiable by research and put into
context to give them meaning.

I prefer to stay-away from half-baked opinions based
on umexamined evidence. Prejudice has no place in
serious argumentation. I also try to keep my own
beliefs out of the issues as much as I can. Let the
facts speak for themselves.

I don't want to continue to argue with you.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 June 2024 2:03:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy