The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Screams before Silence.

Screams before Silence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
You'll notice the temperature just rose slightly between Fester and Random, with Fester calling Random a moron, and Random responding asking if Fester is offended and so what if he is...

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=10386&page=0#360347

Not sure if anyone will follow me here... [smiles]
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 8:38:19 AM

Hi AC, where I come from being offended does not make you right, nor is it grounds to attack someone with school-boy name calling.

People here need to watch this ...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=youtube+being+offended#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5dad6449,vid:ceS_jkKjIgo,st:0

Anyway, how do I do something simple like italic? How about an easy way to quote someone?
Posted by Random, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 1:00:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
70 years old dancer, Louis Har, is now back dancing after being taken hostage by Hamas and rescued from Rafah in a mission-impossible style operation by Israeli special forces.

While in captivity he was not allowed to dance.
He once tried a warm-up dance routine, but his captors did not approve of a man moving "like a woman". They told him: "you should move like a soldier - if you require a warm-up, do push-ups!".

And this is what the Middle-East wars are truly about.
Not about territory.
Not about ethnicity.
Not about national-identity.
Not about religion.

It is a clash between the old patriarchal, some call it "conservative", lifestyle AND the new liberalism where no gender roles are enforced and everyone is free to sing, dance and make love with whoever they like (mutually agreeing).

Perhaps it was wrong for the Zionists to settle in the Middle East.
Perhaps they should have sought a different place.
Perhaps they should have left the patriarchal-conservatives there to continue their millennia-long slumber uninterruptedly.

But they did.
The liberal Israelis were born and belong there. None of the presently living had a say in the decision of their ancestors to move there.
And they face the conservative rage of those their very presence disturbs, those who are provoked by independent women and dancing men, those who would kill in order to prevent their own women from following that example.

That's it in a nutshell.
And my family is caught up in that rubbish.
Even while they just want to live their lives peacefully, they tragically have no way to defend their lives other than by some coalition with Jewish conservatives they have little in common with, including some disgusting Nazis of the Jewish variety that are no better than those across the border of the Muslim variety.

Please, please, please, don't keep saying "Israel wants X", "Israel did Y", etc.: there is no coherent or sentient entity called "Israel", only people like you and me that are caught up in their place of birth in a war that is not really theirs.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 1:17:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please, please, please, don't keep saying "Israel wants X", "Israel did Y", etc.: there is no coherent or sentient entity called "Israel", only people like you and me that are caught up in their place of birth in a war that is not really theirs.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 1:17:11 PM

Not sure you have the same Atlas as I have.

Mone says there is a Nation State called Israel It is an entity, with a government. Are you ok bro?
Posted by Random, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 8:53:46 PM
Dear Random,

Until the 6th of October 2023, Israel was on the brink of a civil war with plans to split it into two.

It temporarily and reluctantly kind of united in order to ward off the vicious Hamas attack, but after the war the struggle within will resume, in fact there are signs that it does already now.

A "Nation State" is not a sentient being, thus have no will of its own.
The wills of the people who happen to live in Israel (mainly because they were born there), are totally different - it is wrong to tar them with the same brush.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 10:56:26 PM
[i]"Fatima Abu-Arar, a 32 year old mother of 9, was murdered on October 7th by Hamas at an Israeli road intersection close to Gaza.
She was shot multiple times by a convoy of Hamas motorcycles who could easily see that she was Muslim woman wearing the Hijab, each shooting her in turn as they passed."[i]

Yeah that's tragic. But at least they had the guts to do it personally, unlike the gutless drone pilots.
Posted by Random, Wednesday, 8 May 2024 6:54:41 AM
Dear Random,

«Yeah that's tragic. But at least they had the guts to do it personally»

It was not guts - it was the amphetamines they were on: in a way they were not completely there in person.
Unlike sober drone operators, they were so blind they didn't even TRY to avoid killing innocent civilians and people of their own faith.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 8 May 2024 7:47:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20