The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
Palestinians are to blame for everything that is happening to them. They backed Hamas, knowing what they were like, and now they are paying for it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 26 February 2024 7:42:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,
«you could've simply shared the info like someone who wished to correct misunderstandings and inform, rather than pounce on me like you were trying to level some imaginary scorecard...»
I think that comment above was actually a response to mhaze's comment saying I willfully omitted information about peace initiatives.
It wasn't a response to anything you said, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 26 February 2024 10:59:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

There are no grounds to believe that Israel deliberately murders "Palestinian" civilians (other than Hamas members).

It is a difficult question of balancing how much to risk one's own soldiers versus risking enemy civilians.
You may claim that Israel does not have that balance right, but that does not amount to murder.
Think carefully what balance would you strike if the soldier at risk was your child.

«It needs to shed its colonial regime and embrace normal
statehood»

The result on the ground may be colonial, but the mentality is not - the mentality is Messianic-Jewish, the superstition as if the state of Israel, which between us is only a secular entity, is any more than that, a stage in the mystical redemption of ancient Israel (which historically, as we now know, was not even Jewish), that the state of Israel plays a mystical role in bringing forth the Jewish Messiah, descendant of [the evil] King David who would rule over Israel, expand its territory, rebuild its temple [engulfing Jerusalem with the stench of burnt animals] and prepare the people for the revival of the dead.

- What would you not do in order to see your grandparents again...

To change that mentality, if it were up to me, I would convert Israel from a Jewish state into a Jewish-friendly state.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 27 February 2024 6:28:38 AM
Hell's Bells! Military operations against terrorists is murder, but October 7 terrorism by Hamas and 'ordinary' Palestinians is put aside. We sure have some very trashy, bigoted anti-Semitics on this site.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 27 February 2024 7:18:56 AM
Hi Yuyutsu,

Unfortunately, it isn't up to us and Israel has been
condoning its actions against the Palestinian people
under the pretext of "self-defence" for decades. Unless
they shed their colonial regime and embrace normal
statehood - well, we all know the outcome.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 27 February 2024 7:26:14 AM
"There are no grounds to believe that Israel deliberately murders 'Palestinian' civilians (other than Hamas members).

Were not talking one or two here Yuyutsu.
We're not talking about something that can be written off as a genuine mistake or accident.
We're talking 30,000 innocent civilians.

'Oops, my bad, I accidentally killed 30 thousand innocent people...'
- That's the argument you're making when you say it's not deliberate.

Only Israel isn't even claiming it was an accident.
Every bomb Israel dropped, it knew innocent people would die.
But they don't have to carry this weight on their shoulders do they?
- If they tell themselves there are no innocent people in Gaza to begin with.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 27 February 2024 7:28:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12