The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
Good Morning Yuyutsu,

I can't see Israel having a future in the Middle-East
without shedding its colonial regime and embracing
normal statehood. The Gaza war may well be the
beginning of the end for Israel. Just as apartheid in
South Africa's supremacist regime imploded - so will
Israel's, sooner or later
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 February 2024 9:36:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Perhaps you are correct - I don't claim to see the future, I don't even have a crystal ball.

Just like you, I am utterly disgusted at some of the things that happen in Israel, but unlike you, I have family and friends there and so I rather sacrifice millions of "Palestinians", whom I never even met, than have any of them lose a finger.

Following the collapse of Apartheid, and against all odds, white people not only survived but even kept their properties. I attribute that to the generous peaceful nature of the Bantu people, yet that has not been the case in neighbouring Rhodesia, where many white farmers were murdered and all white farms confiscated.

According to past experience, the "Palestinians" do not share the Bantus' generosity and peacefulness and I wouldn't be counting on miracles for Israel to end up more like South Africa and not more, if not even worse, like Rhodesia.

While Israel's present government is fighting for some lunatic Jewish Messianic pipe-dreams, the Israeli people are fighting for their survival alone, so they don't end up like white Rhodesians, probably much worse.

And being more desperate and better armed than the Afrikaaners at the time, should Israel end and my family killed, then nobody else whatsoever will be able to inhabit that radioactive region for millennia.

The beginning of the end of Israel was when Israel took the bait in 1967 and retained the cursed territories it then took in 6 days.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 26 February 2024 2:14:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
" so will Israel's [regime implode], sooner or later"

I guess there's nothing wrong with fantasising about some future where your fondest hopes come true, when reality constantly shows that your understanding of the real world is hopelessly wrong.

So when will this fantasy-land come to fruition?
"In the year 2525,
if man is still alive,
if woman can survive,
They may find"
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 26 February 2024 4:57:14 PM
" I don't claim to see the future,"

Well its difficult to see the future when the present is so opaque to you...

"white people not only survived but even kept their properties. I attribute that to the generous peaceful nature of the Bantu people..."

Struth.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/south-africa-farm-attacks-brutal-crimes-landowners-face/news-story/dfaabafca743056b6d6656ea1fff49eb
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 26 February 2024 5:00:37 PM
"The United States is demanding AUSTRALIA and others take tens of thousands of UKRAINIAN REFUGEES."

I haven't seen any such request. Evidence please.

And silence came the stern reply.

Just another thing that gets made up in the hope it'll slip through. A bit disappointing...I was hopeful that we might have been able to substitute MENA refugees for people more suited to integrating into our culture.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 26 February 2024 5:04:02 PM
Hi Yuyutsu,

Your feelings are perfectly understandable
having family and friends in Israel.

However Israel's deliberate
murder of the Palestinian people under the pretext of
"self defence" will not enhance its security or secure its
future. Rather it will produce greater insecurity and
instability and further isolate Israel and undermine its
chances for long-term survival in a predominantly
hostile region.

It needs to shed its colonial regime and embrace normal
statehood
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 February 2024 6:00:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11