The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is religion blamed for the Gaza conflict?

Why is religion blamed for the Gaza conflict?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Hi Yuyutsu,
"Well this China example is different for security reasons, because China is a hostile empire which wants to take over Australia and enslave its people. Denying that is an obvious case of self-defence."

Well I don't know how different things were in 1948, but they couldn't have been too much better than today, if back then they ran the Palestinians out of 500 villages, and shot anyone who decided to stand their ground and resist.

And I have heard several times that some Israelis seem to advocate that Arabs will be their slaves, after conquest of all the land 'Eretz Israel', so I think there are similarities there.
You may however set me straight on this if I'm wrong.

- I've seen footage of little Israeli kids saying 'When I grow up I'll be in the IDF and I will drive a jeep and kill the Arabs' and 'they will be our slaves'.

Found out some information earlier about Itamar Ben-Gvir, Israels far-right, Pro-Settler, Minister of National Security.
He's an 8 times convicted terrorist, (convicted by Israeli courts).

Here's an article I just found about something he recently did.

Israel’s Insidious Narrative About Palestinian Prisoners
http://theintercept.com/2023/11/26/palestine-israel-prisoners/
'More than two-thirds of the Palestinians proposed for release by Israel under the truce have not been convicted of any crimes. Most were arrested as children.'

Maybe this here will show some of the Pro-Israel forum members the type of people they are supporting:
(Back to the article)
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 4 December 2023 11:45:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Cont.]
- From the article linked to in previous comment:

>>The Israeli government narrative surrounding the Palestinian prisoners being released during this temporary ceasefire is both insidious and dishonest. Interior Minister Itamar Ben Gvir has banned Palestinians from celebrating their release. “My instructions are clear: there are to be no expressions of joy,” he said. “Expressions of joy are equivalent to backing terrorism, victory celebrations give backing to those human scum, for those Nazis.” He told Israeli police to deploy an “iron fist” to enforce his edict.<<

From what I understand he's given strict instructions that any Palestinian celebrating the release of prisoners be arrested.

mhaze says there's no occupation, why then does the UN refer to Israeli Occupation Forces?

Imagine if your 10 year old daughter was carted off to an Israeli prison, and held without charge on 'Administrative Detention'
I'd be willing to bet that every single person on this forum would be enraged if this happened to their child.

And that's what the Israeli government does.
- Acts in a manner that enrages the Palestinians, and then when they act out, they use that to justify more harsh treatment against them.

This is not a fair and reasonable democracy, it's a NAZI terrorist state.

Kidnapping and holding children without charge is not what a reasonable democratic nation that respects the rule of law would do.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 4 December 2023 11:48:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Cont.]
Lets have a look at something else I found relating to Itamar Ben Gvir.

EXPOSED: ISRAEL'S INHUMANE TREATMENT OF PALESTINIAN PRISONERS
http://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/status/1724804995042951430

"Yesterday, Tuesday, the Israeli Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben Gvir, visited one of the prisons where the Gazan prisoners are held, saying that he had confirmed that they were exposed to the harshest conditions. Ben Gvir supervised ensuring that the Israeli national anthem was broadcast in the prisons at all times, and that the prisoners’ hands and feet were tied, and they were placed in a dark cell containing 8 people. And they slept on iron beds and allocated a floor toilet for them, and starved and thirsted them, and he also called for the passage of a law legalizing their execution. The end of the clip shows a glimpse of the humiliation and abuse of a prisoner."

- This is not anyway to treat people, especially those who may never have even been charged with a crime.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 4 December 2023 11:53:06 PM
Dear Critic,

«Found out some information earlier about Itamar Ben-Gvir, Israels far-right, Pro-Settler, Minister of National Security.»

When I hear his name I want to vomit.

When that petty criminal Netanyahu found no other friends, when no decent person was willing to serve under him in coalition, he had to pick up that Nazi scum, who keeps blackmailing himself too.

Yesterday, Israel's public-servant in charge of the department for gun-licensing, resigned because he could no longer follow the instructions of that Nazi to give guns to everyone.

«Well I don't know how different things were in 1948, but they couldn't have been too much better than today, if back then they ran the Palestinians out of 500 villages, and shot anyone who decided to stand their ground and resist.»

1948 was chaotic.
Israel was attacked from all sides.
Some Israeli villages were conquered, their members murdered, raped and kidnapped.
At other locations, Israel was winning, but central control and policies were not yet well established,
so the decision what to do with the defeated Arabs was left for the local young commanders, typically in the rank of captain, who made independent and different decisions. Some drove the Arabs away, others allowed them to stay.

«And I have heard several times that some Israelis seem to advocate that Arabs will be their slaves, after conquest of all the land 'Eretz Israel', so I think there are similarities there.
You may however set me straight on this if I'm wrong.»

I'm afraid that I cannot set you straight there, so long as you place the word 'SOME' in the largest CAPITAL font.

«why then does the UN refer to Israeli Occupation Forces?»

That you need to ask them: as far as Gaza is concerned they were in error.

«This is not a fair and reasonable democracy, it's a NAZI terrorist state.»

It is not fair or reasonable to blame all Israelis, including my family, for the crimes of the same government they suffer under which they cannot do anything about, except for demonstrating in the streets which they already do.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 5 December 2023 6:32:16 AM
Yuyutsu,

I wish you and your family in Israel well and I hope that
this conflict will end soon for the sake of all concerned.

So many have died and continue to die. The lists of the names
of the dead is horrendous. And it will continue to grow
unless a permanent ceasefire occurs.

May your family be safe.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 December 2023 7:10:16 AM
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti (Peace, peace, peace.)
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 December 2023 7:21:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12