The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is religion blamed for the Gaza conflict?

Why is religion blamed for the Gaza conflict?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
I can see how religion may be blamed on the Israeli side (God gave it to us)
In truth it was the Zionists who wanted to establish a Jewish state in Palestine, and Laurence of Arabia who deceived the Palestinian people into fighting the Ottomans, after being told they would be allowed to have their own state.

But I think Palestinians would have every reason to oppose the land theft, the killings, torture and subjagation and creation of the State of Israel in 1948 (regardless of their own religion) and you can't blame them for being outraged at what was done to their people during that time, continuing onwards to this very day.

Some people here like to sell a lie that the war stated on Oct 7.
If Jews broke out of Auschwitz concentration camp and attacked those German Nazi's who enslaved them there wouldn't be any opposition, and if Jews had no sympathy for the innocent Germans who were bombed in their cities (such as Drenden) then why should we have sympathy for Israeli victims, or their enslavers?

Zionists conspired to start what has become this resulting conflict back in 1897.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 3 December 2023 11:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Good on you for citing Haaretz - it is a good and balanced (though expensive) source of correct information and so long as you stick to it you will not fall victim to false news.

Were you aware that some Nazis in Israel's government are scheming to close Haaretz down?

But while I consider Haaretz an authority on mundane affairs, I do not count it as a guru on spiritual matters and the understanding of religion.

Religious devotion starkly XXXXXXXX---connects-XXXXXXXX CONFLICTS with political extremism in this conflict. Truly religious Jews, and Muslims never stoke incitement and violence. Those who do have no regard for God, only for their national biases - their religiosity is fake!

---

Dear Critic,

«Some people here like to sell a lie that the war stated on Oct 7.
If Jews broke out of Auschwitz concentration camp and attacked those German Nazi's»

So how did these Jews get into Auschwitz in the first place?
Were they just laying there keeping their sheep on a cold winter night?

«In truth it was the Zionists who wanted to establish a Jewish state in Palestine»

They wanted to establish a HEBREW state, not a Jewish state, an inclusive Hebrew state which would invite in the natives and treat them all as equals - it was the world and the United-Nations, taking pity on the Jews following the holocaust, which forced them to compromise on a Jewish state instead.

«But I think Palestinians would have every reason to oppose the land theft,»

Talking about theft, yet more than happy to cash in the money they received for this land.

«the killings, torture and subjagation and creation of the State of Israel in 1948»

There was no torture (except of Jews in Arab countries).
As for killings and subjugation, why wouldn't they think of the consequences before senselessly attacking?
Had they not attacked in 1948, then Israel would remain very small even today, confined only to the areas it purchased with that money that local Arabs were more than happy to accept.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 3 December 2023 1:09:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

I certainly know how to sift through and separate
myths from facts. That's what librarians are trained
to do.

As far as the middle east conflict goes - I'll leave
you to your perceptions.

I don't see the conflict ending anytime soon. At least
not as long as Netanyahu stays so focused on staying
in power and pandering to religious extremists.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 3 December 2023 2:18:56 PM
Yuyutsu, you have a very good understanding of the facts.

The Muslim Hamas extremists see this as a religious war as non Muslims are treading on sacred sites in Jerusalem, desecrating them. The lands has once been claimed for Allah, and now kafir feet occupy the lands. Hamas will not rest till all the lands have been restored to Allah. This in not understood by Western educated minds. Israel realizes this and hence their attempt to eradicate Extremists.

http://www.vox.com/politics/2023/10/10/23911661/hamas-israel-war-gaza-palestine-explainer
"There’s a series of factors that may have contributed to Hamas’s decision to strike now — essentially, things the group wants to see stopped in the short term. Those include what the group described as Israeli settlers’ desecration of the al-Aqsa Mosque, a Muslim holy site near sites also holy to Christians and Jews."
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 3 December 2023 2:44:20 PM
So how did these Jews get into Auschwitz in the first place?
Were they just laying there keeping their sheep on a cold winter night?

- How did the Palestinians find themselves in concentration camps?

"They wanted to establish a HEBREW state, not a Jewish state, an inclusive Hebrew state which would invite in the natives and treat them all as equals"

My mistake, 'Home for the Jews' and all that
It's hard for an outsider to always find the correct term for each instance.

"Talking about theft, yet more than happy to cash in the money they received for this land."
Some might've sold their land, but I'm not convinced they'd sell their childrens futures to make way for another nation.
Was it one of these 'Godfather' type scenarios?
'Well make you an offer you can't refuse'?

And then Israel decided why should we bother trying to buy the land
When many of these people do not wish to relinquish it?
We shall declare ourselves 'The State of Israel' and run these people out, and any that resist, we will shoot them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba
>>The Nakba 'the catastrophe' was the violent displacement and dispossession of Palestinians, and the destruction of their society, culture, identity, political rights, and national aspirations. The term is used to describe both the events of 1948, as well as the ongoing occupation of the Palestinian territories (the West Bank and the Gaza Strip) and persecution and displacement of Palestinians throughout the region.

The foundational events of the Nakba took place during and shortly after the 1948 Palestine war, including 78% of Mandatory Palestine being declared as Israel, the expulsion and flight of 700,000 Palestinians, the related depopulation and destruction of over 500 Palestinian villages by Zionist militias and later the Israeli army and subsequent geographical erasure, the denial of the Palestinian right of return, the creation of permanent Palestinian refugees, and the "shattering of Palestinian society".<<

Oh, btw, I never said I had no sympathy for innocent Israelis,
I said it's becoming increasing more difficult (as more innocent people are killed), for me to do so.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 3 December 2023 4:05:56 PM
Armchair Critic, If someone wants you dead, are they innocent? Read the Koran 9:12 and see how they view Jews, and unbelievers. Those that have hate in their hearts are equally guilty of murder.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 4 December 2023 7:00:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy