The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Islamic Values or Australian Values? [ Australian Government's Concern ]

Islamic Values or Australian Values? [ Australian Government's Concern ]

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Islam has more problems than anyone needs. The image of Islam is that of a bleak uncompromising religion controlled by fanatics. I could not imagine Sharia law being compatible with any modern society. The societies, which practice Sharia law, are not attractive places and seem designed to keep the faithful in poverty. Reciting the Koran in Arabic is made more rewarding than science or engineering.
Posted by SILLE, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 8:53:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aunti Antiterrorism
I would also like to hear in which ways Sharia law is not compatable with Australian law.
Posted by SILLE, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 8:58:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm fascinated that no-one so far has raised the issue of civil disobedience. I think it is one of the tenets of our society that, at least in the civil area, you don't have to abide by a law, if you have a conflict of concience, but you do need to wear the consequences of your disobedience.

So, I have no problem with street marches where marchers are arrested for non-violent behaviour. There was a lot of that in Queensland in the days of the street march legislation.
Posted by GrahamY, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 9:14:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There seems to be a consensus here that we are missing some vital information.

Is there a conflict, or is this just another attempt to stir up the usual suspects to have a good rant?

If someone doesn't come to the party pretty soon and give us a good example of a conflict between Australian and Sharia law, we might have to conclude that the topic is simply an excuse for a troll.

Pity, it could have been a useful thread.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 9:20:19 AM
Perilous..it is and will be a useful threat.. oops..thread :)

and agreed.. as soon as we have the needed specific information.. it will be more useful.

CJ.. there you go a-gain.. 'another pin in your boaz doll in the dark room with all my 3500 posts pasted on the walls'.. :) I warned you.. police come and visit people who do that mate err.. you don't have any exploding letter skills do you ? Hope not.

I don't argue these points on those forums because they actually implement Sharia law there.. they ban people who seem to insult the religion in the slightest way.. even to ask a difficult question about Mohammad is to be banned. Result.. Kactuz.. me, Coach..others.. speak freely where we can. "Here".

PROBLEM. One issue not addressed yet also, is that while some people say "Only if Muslims are a majority" would Sharia law be introduced.
NOOOOOooooo democracies don't work like that. What REALLY happens is this.

1/ Interest groups target marginal seats.
2/ If they can gain balance of power, they will make 'deals' with the incumbents to advance their own cultural religious agenda.

So, it would only take a close election, where ONE seat might make the difference between side A or side B taking power..and the people holding the real power...in that marginal seat.. can pretty much dictate the terms of their support.

If this was NOT the case...why would PAUL KEATING prevent the deportation of a POLYGAMOUS Sheikh Hilali who is/was blatantly breaking Australian law?...during an important election period.

GRAHAM Y civil disobedience to advance Sharia law IS an issue in UK now.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 9:47:33 AM
why you guys want ONE example? Most of cases are in conflict with Shariaw law. If you open a Shariah law and start reading , from page 1 to the end you will find at least one rule a page which is in conflict.
I think people who don't have knowledge about Islam should not join this thread and comment. I don't have any knowledge about engineering and if I see any thread about that I will keep my mouth shut.
Regards
Posted by ALJAZEERA_OZ, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 12:47:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All