The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misguided and misogynistic religiosity > Comments

Misguided and misogynistic religiosity : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 27/10/2006

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali's latest gaffe illustrates the widespread misogyny that exists among Muslim religious leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
Vivvy, allow me the opportunity to educate YOU. See, the difference is that in OUR culture a little bit of banter is acceptable. I've lost count of the times I've had my bum pinched in nightclubs by young ladies. No harm done! But chances are if you marry an 'anglo', you will actually be a valued part of the marriage. If you marry a muslim, you will be placed somewhere between the goat and the dog in terms of respect. Big difference. Oh, and if you don't like it, I can give you directions to the airport. Whoops, did I say that?
Posted by trueaussie, Sunday, 29 October 2006 1:23:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The last "religious leader" to make an unfortunate sexist comment was...oh that's right - our Governor General at the time.
Posted by rache, Sunday, 29 October 2006 1:30:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tanveer Ahmed was quoted as stating: "The Mufti meant exactly what he said, and those views are widely held.I did my own little poll this morning,of a security guard and others who are Muslim,and all said they agreed with the Mufti,that he was absolutely right."

Exactly. Everyone seems to have forgotten the 5000 chanting followers of the 'mufti' who agree with his every word. That adds up to at least several thousand Muslim males in Sydney alone who agree with the words of this disgusting freak.

I'm sure they also agree with his comments about 'cleansing the White House' and the rabid comments about Jews.

Islam brings nothing but social problem and divisiveness, as we have seen in Sydney. The sooner it is declared a polity and banned in Western countries the better it will be. Numerous people have mentioned that the issue is 'dividing the Muslim community' - how about the Australian community, or doesn't that matter?
Posted by dee, Sunday, 29 October 2006 7:33:30 AM
Perhaps the Sheik is losing his marbles. The comments he has made are what you might expect from a misguided adolescent.

To me his comments reflect a repressed view on sexuality. Aussie males might see women dressed for summer conditions and not be sexually stimulated.

People who come to Australia need to adapt to Australian views of the world, it was certainly what I was taught when my parents emigrated to Australia more than 50 years ago.
Posted by ant, Sunday, 29 October 2006 7:34:06 AM
I think that if he was talking about protection for woman against rape, as the newspapers have said the he said he was, he should have used a better example.

Maybe he could have said that if a woman walked into a paddock full of bulls in Spain she would be wise not to make the decision to wear red, regardless of her right to choose any colour she likes.
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 29 October 2006 8:27:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ant - "Perhaps the Sheik is losing his marbles."

From the p.o.v. of a rational person, this is a logical statement. But these beliefs are nothing new, he has been spouting this bile for the past 20 years, since the ALP pols Paul Keating and Leo McLeay 'demanded' that he be granted residency.

These pols insisted that someone who is a clear enemy of Australia and all it stands for, should remain here because they believed he could deliver the Muslim vote. I believe the word 'traitor' is not too harsh a description of Keating and McLeay.

In 1982, the Arabic newspaper El Telegraph reported a speech by Hilaly in which he said "the flesh of Australian women is as cheap as pigs' flesh". About the same time, one of the Arabic newspapers stated that all Australian women were descended from prostitutes. The behaviour of Middle Eastern thugs towards Australian women bears out these beliefs.

This poor excuse for a human being is a RELIGIOUS LEADER - ie, he speaks with authority for Islam. The majority of Muslims appear to agree with him. In one way its a good thing, the more he rants, the more Australians will wake up to the true beliefs of many Muslims whom we accepted as refugees (no way they would have been accepted otherwise!) and to the true agenda of Islam.
Posted by dee, Sunday, 29 October 2006 9:03:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11