The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misguided and misogynistic religiosity > Comments

Misguided and misogynistic religiosity : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 27/10/2006

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali's latest gaffe illustrates the widespread misogyny that exists among Muslim religious leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
You will notice that the Islamic community sat on this incident for 3 weeks before it appeared in a newspaper. No outcry. No protests - even though hundreds of Muslims were at the sermon.

That tells you all you need to know about the true mentality of Muslims. The minute it became public (non-Muslim knowledge), suddenly Muslims condemn the Imam.

I have pointed out the hate and violence in the Quran. I have listed vile events in Mohammeds life (murder, torture, slavery, rape, etc...) with links to Islamic texts. Nothing. Muslims know or should know. They say "praise be unto him" after Mohammad's name and consider him an example to follow. So if he murdered, tortured, enslaved and he is a great moral example - figure out what that means. Oh yes, Mohammed said it is was OK to lie to advance Islam.

Remember these same excuses were used, with the same condemnations by Muslim community, after a young girl was raped 25 times in 2000 by 14 Muslims. She was on a train, dressed for a job interview in her best suit, reading The Great Gatsby, but to those men she was a slut, an "Aussie pig." At the trial, one man said he did it because of his "strict Islamic morals." The girl said "I looked in his eyes. I had never seen such indifference." Six years later, nothing has changed.

It will get worse. In the coming years things will get much worse. It doesn't take a genius to see this. In fact I said it here at OLO 18 months ago. I used to thing the problem was Muslim denial or ignorance. Sadly, now I feel the problem is dishonesty and deceit. Strong words, but probably right.

John Kactuz

More Islamic awareness: "The Shareeah, which is embodied (in) the Quran and Sunnah, are the proclamations of Allah and His Messenger (...) ...it is obligatory for every Muslim to obey any command that he hears from Allah or His Messenger (...), even if the command should go against his own desires, opinion or against popular opinion."
http://www.iisca.org/articles/document.jsp?id=65
Posted by kactuz, Sunday, 29 October 2006 4:10:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan

Thank you for your article.

Hamlet, I found your response a refreshing change.

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Sunday, 29 October 2006 5:22:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I second Kalweb in her praise of Irfan and Hamlet.

kactuz, since the Lebanese gang-rapes in 2000, there have been thousands of Australian women raped in their own home by men they know. In fact, that is where most rapes occur. Not on the street. Not by roving packs of cowards. But by men who know their victim and supposedly care about them. And unlike the Lebanese gang rapists, they're never caught and never punished.

Thousands of Austrlian women raped every year. Are you thousands of times more worried about that ongoing and persistent and urgent problem than you are about the isolated spate of rapes six years ago for whom the attackers have been caught and punished?

Rapes are committed by people from every background. There was that poor girl in Newington who was gang-raped by Anglo boys in a home invasion. There was Lauren Huxley attacked and left for dead, it looks like, by a whitefella. There was those boys just last week from Werribee with their filthy DVD. I didn't hear any mention of their ethnicity in the media...

Skaf and all the other rapists have committed unspeakable crimes. Yet you seem more worried by the gangs of Lebanese rapists than all the thousands of others rapists around Australia. You could lock up every single one of these people you suspect, and thousands of Australian women would still be raped every year. So I think your concern is misplaced and misguided. You're only looking at the tip of the iceberg, when the problem is throughout our entire community.
Posted by Mercurius, Sunday, 29 October 2006 6:01:36 PM
Perhaps you're right Mecurius but those perpertrators you talk of are not community leaders as the sheik is meant to be
Posted by CARNIFEX, Sunday, 29 October 2006 7:02:34 PM
Misogyny is the direct result of following the occult literature of both the Bible and Quran. Islam and Christianity are both violence based cults and the basis of both cults is for believers to seek the vulnerable and over power and control them. When I heard the Sheiks comments I was not surprised I expect the same sentiment from all Muslims and Christians. Indeed we have heard it from anti abortionism through to anti female clergy movements and housewives as property mentality. What is sad about all this is that as a society we will allow women to be subjegated , to live their lives in fear and ourselves not moral and mature enough to admit that both Islam and Christianity are no more than superstitions and set about to educate them to respect all people as equals and not objects for Muslims and Christians to abuse and blame for any superstitious based perception of ills.
Posted by West, Sunday, 29 October 2006 9:51:41 PM
What is really interesting is that there are more blogs on this subject then it is possible to poke a stick at.

I remember at school a group of girls who would encourage other boys to bash up someone who upset them especially if that by had said something they didn't like.

Caroline Overten, Robyn Riley, it was not until I read Miranda Devine's article did I see the context in which the metaphor was used.

OK the article made me cringe.

But then clever wordsmiths can make mince meat of the metaphor.

Yeah I know women, only dress the way they feel comfortable and it has nothing to do with attracting or grabbing male attention.

"and all the prisoners cried 'fool, fool'" The fool on the hill.
Posted by JamesH, Sunday, 29 October 2006 9:56:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13