The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misguided and misogynistic religiosity > Comments

Misguided and misogynistic religiosity : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 27/10/2006

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali's latest gaffe illustrates the widespread misogyny that exists among Muslim religious leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. 25
  14. All
Fellow_Human,
My quettion to you was on 31-10-6, four days ago. Am I to presume that you will not answer? In case you missed it, the question was:-

" Are most muslims taught that women in western dress, or scantily clad, are whores and sluts?"

I would appreciate an answer if possible.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 4 November 2006 9:53:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Obviously the more indoctrinated a person is into an Abrahamic cult the more sexist they are. If the Bible or Quran or Torah is true then rape is gods fault. And damned is that god if he thinks his lackeys will get away with rape. Dominant secular society far more intelligent, balanced, encompassing will protect its daughters. The real Lord – The Law will prevail.

Muslims are going to defend the principles they haven’t updated since stealing (and raping) Byzantium. We will hear the same thing over and over until the cult finally disappears. Like Christianity Islam is in its last stages. Those Dark Age cults are struggling to find relevance in a 21st century world. The beliefs for both superstitions are now pathetic and laughable. The only Hope for Islam and Christianity is what they are doing now – trying as hard as possible to drag the world back into the Dark Age. Id like to hear a perspective about this issue from the real spiritual survivors, the oldest religion on earth, Indigenous Australian religions and the second oldest religion in the world, Hinduism and from the oldest surviving North African-European religion, Paganism
Posted by West, Saturday, 4 November 2006 11:03:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry to disappoint you West but Christianity is more alive now than at any time in history. There are more disciples of Christ, more matyrs, more people giving up their lives to serve others. Man is pretty dumb to think they can snuff out their Creator by arguing or pretending He does not exist. Its like the clay saying to the potter that you did not shape me. Kick, scream , argue does not change the simple fact that we are made in God's image!
Posted by runner, Saturday, 4 November 2006 11:17:28 AM
What Creator exactly runner?

I think you are making your creator up.

If I am wrong let God say so , If I am right he will then be silent because he does not exist.
Posted by West, Saturday, 4 November 2006 11:55:40 AM
"argue does not change the simple fact that we are made in God's image! "

Sheesh, no wonder we are such a destructive species lol. Raping
pillaging, warring, wrecking the planet as fast as possible.
Just like the old god of the old testament.

Perhaps if whoever made god, made him more like bonobos then like us, it would
be a far more peaceful, happy and sustainable planet :)
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 4 November 2006 1:43:07 PM
Banjo,

Apologies I missed your question.

" Are most muslims taught that women in western dress, or scantily clad, are whores and sluts?"

Most females in my family wear what you call 'western dress'.
Although the answer to your question is "no", I have seen cases in the Arabic culture (Muslims and Christians) where women wearing revealing clothes are mistaken for being éasy to approach'.

Either case I don't believe reliogion got anything to do with the whole thing.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 5 November 2006 1:03:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24