The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 35
  15. 36
  16. 37
  17. All
I am truly shocked, ISABELLA? as in Ferdinand & Isabella? Why don't we start an Adolph Eichmann Society instead?

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition - yet in this day and age, we have people lionizing its creators and wishing for its return.

Don't tell me, how many people here say that Auschwitz was a communist / zionist plot, and never actually existed?

People as a scholar once wrote, 'those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it', and I re-iterate my suggestion that most of the anti-muslim propaganda spewing forth from the mass media and politicians is accepted due to an underlying current of anti-semitism (and please do not lecture me on the first recorded use of the word, I refer to the disease it describes, I care not for the word itself [oi veh]).

This country is on the path to a truly dreadful, frightening place, of the posters on this forum are representative of the community as a whole (aided & abetted by supposed moderate christians - then again so was the third reich).
Posted by Aaron, Sunday, 27 November 2005 10:59:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day Almanac

"What drives Islamophobia is ignorance."

What drives my 'Islamophobia' is personal experience.

"Only a tiny minority of Muslims are extremists,"

Perhaps, but it seems that a hell of a lot are involved in fraud, theft and other crimes that must be paid for by the rest of the population.

"I suggest we all learn a little more about our Muslim neighbours and their faith before we leap to stupid conclusions about hordes at our gates."

I've had muslims as neighbours in 3 three different countries and worked with them in 4 over the past 25 years not exactly a leap.

"If Muslims break the law, arrest them as you do any other citizen."

Never arrested any but booked them by the dozen for blocking access gates and clearways for emergency vehicles, lighting fires on fire ban days littering, burnouts. Yeah I know, everyone does it, but not with their apparent enthusiasm

A paramedic attended an emergency at the park a couple of years back. Because the access gates were blocked he had to run an extra 80 metres to get to the victim and before that navigate his vehicle through the clogged clearways. All taking precious seconds, especially so when your heart's not beating.

After the corpse was removed he returned to his vehicle and instantly recognized who it was blocking the access gates.

The mossies, the f__ing mossies! Always the f__ing mossies! He said.

Another islamophobe Almanac?
Posted by CARNIFEX, Monday, 28 November 2005 5:20:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
These posts are getting progressivly uglier as the months go by; the relevance of many of the contributions is highly questionable as many posters simply fawn over each other and their capacity to place one word after another in something resembling an argument. Alternatively some adopt an frighteningly natural air of a patron congratualting their foe on an argument well put....but. 'Scuse me while I vomit.

That alone is often enuff to make one's stomach turn even before the vitriol starts to ooze of these pages (in fact it did... see above if u missed it).

I had to stop myself from thinking seriously about calling for some editorial intervention as the occassions of unbridled hatred rose from those clamoring for more murder, more intolerance more self interest all cloaked in a robe of psuedo intellectualism, new found patriotism and at times religious piety.

The muscular nationalism expressed herein is an interesting if not worrying development so my fleeting flirtation with censorship has been stiffled ;- write on I say - the good guys will win in the end.

Deep in thought; the sneekster retires to consider things more deeply for while
Posted by sneekeepete, Monday, 28 November 2005 8:38:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello, Sneekie, I too am becoming increasingly dismayed by the vitriol spewing forth from the usual culprits.

I doubt that John Stone has taken time to get to know his local Muslim community - if he had, perhaps he would've written a different article.

For those who are not frightened of being informed I present the following link to a lively discussion held at an Islamic college on Friday between the ABC, members of the general public and members of the Islamic community.

Check it out:

http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/stories/s1515016.htm

Better to be informed than ignorant.
Posted by Scout, Monday, 28 November 2005 8:48:13 AM
Take heart the rednecks are a dieing breed people like Stone, davo and all the hate filled other nuts on this thread. Your like a bunch of kids that still believe in easter bunny. You can still find people who think the world is flat, so it's no surprise that you can find people who think skin colour effects someone ability to think. People shout loudest when they got nothing to say.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 28 November 2005 8:55:26 AM
Bye, bye Almanac. Another trendy lefty who couldn’t take it when debating against informed opponents, and another one to cut and run.

Davo, don’t be discouraged by insult filled emotionally worded rants by our opponents, it means that we are winning again.

To Oldbanger. My reference to “Niggers” was a consequence of prominent anti racist “Almanac” using the same terminology to parody his opponents. Why don’t you read back a bit to get up to speed before you jump to conclusions and make a fool of yourself?

To Bushbred. Would you like to re think your claim that “problems with non white immigration” is caused by Western Imperialism? To start with, no civilization or even strong tribe on this planet has ever refrained from Imperial expansion. The entire history of the world has been one of smaller groups being absorbed by ever larger groups. Civilisation usually followed the sword.

To Sneaky Peter. When you say that “the posts are becoming uglier”, do you really mean that you deplore the fact that Australians are shooting back so effectively against the Australia haters and the white haters such as yourself? Keep squealing, it is music to my ears.
Posted by redneck, Monday, 28 November 2005 9:57:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12