The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An open letter to the Prime Minister from Australia’s secular parents > Comments

An open letter to the Prime Minister from Australia’s secular parents : Comments

By The Australian Secular Lobby, published 5/7/2010

There should be a wall of separation between the religious proselytising ambitions of church recruiters and our children.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Otokonoko
,They use a range of scientific evidence to support a constantly-evolving theory '

You are so right Otokonko. The ever evolving theory is a very convenient way to describe one failed theory constantly being replaced with another failed theory. The arrogance and denial by evolutionist of twisted observations and fraudulent conclusions is astounding to say the least. To derive our morality base from such deceit has shown itself to lead to a death and perverted culture
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 10:58:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heh TBC - I particularly enjoyed this bit:

<< Unfortunately, from day number one when Rudd came on the scene I knew he was not fair-dinkum. A few months after he was elected I had a vision at one of our weekly intercessory prayer meetings, that Julia Gillard came behind Rudd and stuck a knife in his back and Rudd fell to the ground, then she took over the government. Immediately I shared the vision with my team and we prayed about it. >>

This is the same frootloop that claimed the Black Saturday fires were God's punishment for abortions or something, wasn't it?

If I was a Christian I'd be embarrassed by the likes of Nalliah, and indeed by runner, Boaz et al.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 11:21:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sad to say CJM, that yes, this is Peter Costello's old friend, Danny, who told us all about his vision of Victoria burning due to the abortion laws there.

He is also a supporter of the National Day of Prayer, whom both Rudd and our GG gave lavish praise for some weeks ago, and a great supporter of the ACL and chaplains in schools.

Now, although I rather relish thinking of AlGore's kiddies being counselled by such a character as CTFM provides, I am not so sure that having a Runner type let loose in schools evangelising and proselytising for all they are worth is a 'good thing' for the majority of students.

In fact, I rather believe it is a shameful thing to give oxygen to these people, along with such high status and totally uncritical support by each and every politician in Canberra, and out in the sticks in each and every state-territory parliament, with the lone exception of Dr. John Kaye, Greens, NSW, and of course Senator Lyn Allison when she was still in the Senate.

Gillard, of course, is as bad as Rudd and Howard about all this, having never once questioned what was going on in our schools.

There is nothing too gross, nothing too appalling, nothing too sick, dangerous, ill-advised, and patently snake-oil like, that the 'true believers' will not believe in, and apologise for, that is, spruik for, when it comes to gods.

Yes, any decent Christian should be aghast at what these people say-do, but no, they will not be, because, to do that, would be to question every last element of their 'faith', and that is neither expected, encouraged, nor done.

Look what happens when they do.... they become a 'Bishop Spong' type character, believing in everything but what makes it all tick, a post-Jesus Christian, what others might term a 'humanist'.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 12:06:07 PM
Runner said, "To derive our morality base from such deceit has shown itself to lead to a death and perverted culture"

Now come on, do we need to start doing an accountability audit for the state of world morality or will i just stop at the inquisition. And it takes no imagination to see the reaction you would receive for suggesting that this country does not base its value system on christianity so look within for the perverted culture. Oppression of sexuality resulting in desperate priests and paedophiles living under the protection of the church.

You do have some limited credibility about scientific theory that has been proven rubbish, but please do look at who does the discrediting. It is called peer review and is a very critical part of the scientific process. There is science fact and this you will be hard pushed to discredit. Then there is scientific theory where using the available facts, observations and mathematical deduction the theory is developed offering the most probable outcome. This theory is meant to be challenged that is how it is either disproved, further evolved or made fact.

I would be interested to see what result you would come up with if you compared the storey of Moses against the Egyptian history around the time of Ramses the Great. We find the sea of reeds, the regular floods that turned the Nile red and were relied on to keep the fields fertile, but the best is the assassination of the eldest son of Rames that started a period of mourning.

Despite what you think, i was not defending science rather questioning the logic in having a group of people teaching morals in schools and attaching it to a concept as dangerous as religion that has a record of moral corruption, manipulation, greed and war.

Keep the separation of church and state. Church's do not belong in our institutions and governments.
Posted by nairbe, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 1:39:06 PM
nairbe,

AS horrendous and ungodly as the Catholic church acted throughout history they have nothing compared to the mass killing of unborn babies which is promoted and encouraged by secularist. Currently the murder rate is about 80000 per year in this country now. That is without mentioning Stalin, Mao or Idi. You have a very selective view of history. It seems to me that the secularist self righteousness and denial of the corrupt human nature has you bluffed to.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 3:02:11 PM
CJ writes

'This is the same frootloop that claimed the Black Saturday fires were God's punishment for abortions or something, wasn't it?'

You would think someone who belongs to the idiotic Greens who prevented farmers from clearing their land resulting in many deaths would be quite on this one. Oh that's right the climate religous dogma was blamed by these earth worshipers. How convenient for them to turn to their faith when their actions or non action was despicable.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 3:20:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12