The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An open letter to the Prime Minister from Australia’s secular parents > Comments

An open letter to the Prime Minister from Australia’s secular parents : Comments

By The Australian Secular Lobby, published 5/7/2010

There should be a wall of separation between the religious proselytising ambitions of church recruiters and our children.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Oh dear! Appeal to one person's "worldview" and also an appeal that one person's "authority". And a bit of preaching.

A constructive argument for more non-denominational (secular) School Councillors would be good, in case a denominational chaplain was seen as a barrier to counselling.
Posted by McReal, Monday, 5 July 2010 9:51:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why isn't the Australian Secular Lobby objecting to this:

The Australian Curriculum Studies Association -
"Learning from One Another: Bringing Muslim perspectives into Australian schools"-
Goal - getting teachers to give the Islamic perspective on:
English (p.6),
Science (p.11),
Maths (p.14),
History (p.22),
Geography (p.33),
Arts (p.42),
Health and Physical Education (p.51),
Economics and Business (p.53),
Values education, civics and citizenship, global education and religious education (p.57)?
http://www.nceis.unimelb.edu.au/school-education/resources-teachers/learning-one-another-resources

Christianity is benign compared to the malignancy of Islam.
Anybody with an open mind can see this.

NB: I am of neither persuasion.

The implementation of "Learning from One Another: Bringing Muslim perspectives into Australian schools" is insidious and must be stopped.

Sign the petition at:

http://islammonitor.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3556:petition-agaist-lfoa&catid=276:fedaral-parliament
Posted by Proxy, Monday, 5 July 2010 10:11:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for raising the issue who ever you are.
I come from a secular family but I must say that I found Religious Instruction to be the high light of the week for me at primary school. It gave me hope that the world can be a better place and that God loves all people.
Posted by nohj, Monday, 5 July 2010 10:26:10 AM
To McReal, What?!

To Proxy, "I am of neither persuasion." I doubt that! Christianity benign?? Please!!

To nohj, Whose god loves all people? Your god, or their god?
Posted by Shadyoasis, Monday, 5 July 2010 10:38:44 AM
An open letter from "secular parents".

The phrase is becoming almost a contradiction in terms. Secularists are losing the battle of the bedroom. The religious are outbreeding us.

See for example:

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/2006/11/breedingforgod/

See also:

http://www.amazon.com/God-Back-Global-Revival-Changing/dp/B002KAORUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278290751&sr=1-1

And I could give many more references.

Methinks secularists will find these facts as unpalatable as the religious find evolution and will respond in the same way. DENIAL!
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Monday, 5 July 2010 10:48:09 AM
Proxy.

The US and other countries have religious problems, not Australia.

"fund those schools who need qualified professional school counsellors with just that, qualified professional school counsellors."

Now this should be interesting.

Think at home, on Sundays, or what ever day or night a person or persons religious beliefs might be, is more than fair considering its only those thou who believe in such things, where the majority do not wish their child to be exposed too, and in my opinion, "dangerous" as we see worth, seen all-around the world.

Australia’s secular parents.

Stand your ground!

I will not personally or deliberately fill my child's heads with fairy tail rubbish! In the 21 century, they will have enough to deal with when it comes to the world of high-intell and tec living.

Reality is today's food!

To go back in time, would be a complete disaster.

And remember! The workers make the honey.

Have a think.

TTM.
Posted by think than move, Monday, 5 July 2010 10:50:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy