The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. 22
  15. All
ttbn,
First t the post is the most undemocratic voting system that exists, where as preferential always gives a result where the preferred candidate gets over 50% approval.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 11 October 2022 9:20:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for your opinion, with which I totally disagree. I don’t think countries like the UK and Canada are less democratic than Australia, particularly after the Covid fiasco, and the fact that associates of terrorists can be brought into Australia without a by-your-leave from the 32% government.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 October 2022 9:45:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,
It’s quite simple really.
If 4 people stand for election, which is not uncommon, A, B, C and D and A gets 23%, B gets 24%, C gets 25% and D gets 28% then under First Past the Post, D gets elected.
Now D is a dole bludging.alcoholic who only stood for election because some of his useless mates put him up to it is elected.
But under Preferential 72% of the electors hated his worthless guts and voted accordingly and A, who is an upstanding citizen, hard worker, drinks only in moderation and runs the local Op Shop ( and incidentally makes sure thar D is always reasonably dressed) is preferred by a majority of the electors and is duly elected with over 70% of the vote.

The majority won.

It’s easy to see which system is the more democratic.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 11 October 2022 1:54:15 PM
The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organisation
Banjo paterson,
That's the theory, then why don't they prevent suffering instead of making cushy carres out of all the misery they're supposed to prevent ? Instead of pushing Democracy down Ukraine's throat & upsetting Russia which is causing so much suffering now !
Anyhow, that's how I see it by the evidence befor me. You might choose to view it from their bureaucratic perspective !
I'd have thought UN Forces would prevent fighting rather than sit back & collect living away from home allowances.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 12 October 2022 7:40:23 AM
(carres)
typo- should be careers
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 12 October 2022 7:44:13 AM
This meddling-in-sovreignty UN wants to be a world government with total control over all countries; and, given the appalling standard of Australian politics, we will be one of the first to fall.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 October 2022 8:10:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20