The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Proud Australian

Proud Australian

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
SR, just remember that in 2017 there were 3,500 Flu deaths in just a few months and your little Nazi mate did nothing then? That is more than have died in two years of the Covid. Makes you look the fool you are. You trot off to North Korea they are looking for people as dumb and cruel as you. Or better still WA, there is one nastier more corrupt politician there than the despicable Andrews!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 2:06:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JBowyer,

Rubbish as usual.

Covid deaths in Victoria and NSW are around 3,000 respectively and over 7,000 for the country. The 3,034 in 2017 was significant but doesn't come close especially when vaccination rates are taken into account.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 3:33:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR wrote: "Mate you spent most of the first 6 months of this downplaying death rates saying they were akin to flu figures"

Yes and I was right. Flu deaths in Australia pre-covid hysteria were between 3 and 4000pa. We're now 2 1/2 years into it and total WuFlu deaths are around 7000. So yes it was just another flu season or two. With the added bonus of destitution and economic ruination for multitudes.

Just to help you out on the map you thought showed something... (1) it only relates to half the covid era and (2) has multiple numbers of Sweden meaning it can't be used for anything other mesmerising those bamboozled by actual figures - Oh now I see why you like it.

Again, please explain why its is, in your view, invalid to do what WHO did and compare Sweden to countries a coupla hundred kilometres away but valid to compare Australia to a country on the other side of the world.

SR wrote: "Yes I was out by a few months when I said NSW would experience thousands of deaths from Covid. Given they are well over 7,000 now your point is churlish."

NSW most recent numbers are 2547 deaths not 7000+.

Wow, SR and numbers. They utterly confuse him in ways I've never really seen before.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 4:29:41 PM
SR is a grubby little coward who only gets his jollies off on Andrew's Blackshirt violence! He is flogging the deadest of dead horses but the truth will out and then there will be countless court cases against all you Covid cowards!
Anyone else heard that Sutton has been in court the last two days, it must be true because the MSM have not breathed a word?
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 6:23:27 PM
Dear mhaze,

Sigh.

The 7,000 I was referring to was nation wide but yes I should have spelt that out more clearly for you especially.

Now you prance in with: “Yes and I was right. Flu deaths in Australia pre-covid hysteria were between 3 and 4000pa.”

It was purely because of our lockdowns that we were able to keep our Covid numbers so low you berk. That applied to flu deaths too. Why on earth does something this bloody obvious escape you?

Anybody with half a brain would take this as a bloody given. Try and get your head around it because you give every appearance of being mentally enfeebled and deserving of our sympathy rather than someone with any semblance of being of sound mind.

Jbowyer,

Hey mate, looks like Victoria is outlawing the Nazi flag but you will have a year to hand your collection in. Aren't you lucky.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 7:47:27 PM
As each of his errors is exposed, poor ol' SR becomes increasingly deranged.

First he claims I was wrong to say it was no worse than a normal flu season then, after I point out the actual data, he says it was no worse than a normal flu season because of lockdowns. But no worse, nonetheless. But I doubt he'll be able to make that connection.

I guess he'll never explain his thinking (for want of a better word)as to why Sweden shouldn't be compared to Germany but Australia should be compared to the US. I assume the reason is that such comparisons prove his error, and are therefore invalid.

In the end analysing this whole thing requires an understanding of statistics and numbers and SR just gets bamboozled by such things.

He wants the lockdowns to be the cause for our low death rates and when the numbers show otherwise, he just gets upset.

For those interested in the truth....

http://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28930/w28930.pdf?utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED

“We fail to find that shelter-in-place policies saved lives."

There are plenty of other studies that show that lockdowns were useless. There will be more still as new and better data comes to the fore.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 12 May 2022 7:00:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All