The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Proud Australian

Proud Australian

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Hey JBowder,
Well, we're living in idiocracy and the world's eating itself...
No-one agrees on anything
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 7:36:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jbowyer,

Mate you are doing it again. Have some grizzle about Nazis then threaten to go all jackboots on someone.

You have quickly gone from wanting to cull the old and infirmed an now you are looking to stomp people to death.

I'm sure you have an XXXXL fancy Nazi uniform you bring out for those special bonding sessions with brothers from the fraternity but let's have no further mention of it shall we.

Isn't this game fun.

As to this little brain fade from you: “SR any word on how your lock downs and the Chinese hunchbacks repressive black shirts got us from 300 cases daily last year down to ten thousand cases daily now?”

The lockdowns were designed to get us to a stage where the vast majority of the population were vaccinated and then they were withdrawn. All going swimmingly to plan one would have thought.

Again, well done Australia.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 8:16:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I supported the lockdowns, and the masks etc.
- But I always made my feelings clear right from the beginning that in my opinion we wouldn't have had to have them at all if it wasn't for government incompetence in failing to quarantine the country properly in the first place.
- And also I'm in QLD, and didn't have to live with the hell that went down in Victoria and New South Wales.

We had it pretty easy, I don't know if my opinion would've been the same had I had to live through what others went through or not.

I argued that Hotel Quarantines in City CBD's - where they had potentially shared ventilation was JUST PLAIN STUPID, and an accident waiting to happen.

The biggest lockdown we had (45 min from the Brisbane CBD) in Brisbane's South East was a one week hard lockdown - no traveling more than 5klms from home except for certain legitimate reasons.

My position was always 'I don't want COVID and I don't want the Vaccine', but I followed the measures, 1/ because I wanted to protect myself, and 2/ because I didn't want in any way to cause the virus to spread further, or for other more vulnerable people to be harmed.

I cared not about the guilt-trips of others saying I was selfish for not getting vaccinated, as I believed that it's my body and my choice, and I never felt they were safe, but I didn't have any problem with others choosing to be vaccinated (as they have a right to choose for themselves), but they should also respect my choice as well.

I didn't claim any extra government assistance during the hard lockdown even though I could've and I never had any PCR or RAT tests, because I never got sick until 3 weeks ago.

You can all judge me however you choose to.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 10:05:17 PM
SR wrote (more in hope than truth) of "a supposed blue".

Straight out said there'd be thousands of deaths in NSW by 1/11/21 and it turned out to be wrong by at least several hundred percent. "Supposed blue" or monumental error. Standard SR here. Make unresearched and/or uneducated claims and then, when they turn out to be unresearched and/or uneducated claims, pretend it never happened.

SR wrote: "you keep comparing Sweden with the rest of Europe". Well it wasn't me doing the comparing, it was the World Health Organisation - but what would they know, eh?

SR thinks (for want of a better word) that its invalid to compare Sweden with the countries just a few hundred kilometres away, because...well he doesn't say why, so just because. (BTW, I don't know what you think your link shows but relevant it ain't).

Then in the next breathe he thinks its entirely valid to compare Australia to a country on the other side of the planet!!

For SR, logic is an alien concept.

SR wrote: "As to lock downs even the demonstrable fact of the huge differences in the US compared to the Australian figures still has you denying they work."

Well that wasn't me doing the denying. Its pretty much every group which looks are actual numbers as they become available. I mentioned WHO above. I mentioned the Rand Corporation above who ran the numbers comparing US lockdown and non-lockdown states. They also concluded lockdowns, if anything, were counter-productive. And there's plenty of other similar studies coming out as excess death data becomes available. (Excess death data is more appropriate because it eliminates the differing national definitions of what is and isn't a WuFlu related death).

Victoria was the most locked-down state in the country and yet it had by far the greatest number of deaths. Just another example for you to ignore.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 10:45:50 AM
SR your condescending "Well done Australia" is very apt. We got worse than unvaccinated Africa, hopelessly in debt and fascism! Well done indeed.
These regulations will be used against you too and everyone will be affected by the impending depression as well.
Think on that nazi-boy.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 12:03:14 PM
Dear mhaze,

Mate you spent most of the first 6 months of this downplaying death rates saying they were akin to flu figures

“The current deaths rates as per the site in question shows that they are no worse than death rates in other flu seasons.”

In the US Covid turned out to be at least 12 times more deadly per 100,000 infected than their worst recent flu season.

Yes I was out by a few months when I said NSW would experience thousands of deaths from Covid. Given they are well over 7,000 now your point is churlish.

As to the graph I posted:http://preview.redd.it/tttiktbgvhw81.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=9243e46ed4c01995cf7743818d947d482f9d8d07

I understand some simple things can be difficult for you such as map reading but to break it down for your comprehension skills it shows Sweden did far worse in the number of years lots to Covid than any other of the Nordic nations.

But this is the height of stupidity from you: “Victoria was the most locked-down state in the country and yet it had by far the greatest number of deaths. Just another example for you to ignore.”

Victoria was the most lockdown state BECAUSE of a surge in Covid infections and deaths it experienced due to quarantining failures both state and federal.

Unbelievable.

JBowyer,

The Illinois Nazis are looking for new recruits. Why don't you head over and help them out.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 1:59:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All