The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area



Syndicate
RSS/XML


RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Proud Australian

Proud Australian

  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. All
The USA has passed a gloomy milestone of a million deaths due to Covid.

That is 1 in 335 people in that country.

If that was replicated in Australia we would have had around 75,000 deaths, instead the figure sits at about a tenth of that.

There is a lot to celebrate. That so many Australians were prepared to put their shoulder to the needle so to speak and to make sacrifices through the lockdowns is really inspiring and is what has set us apart form so many other nations. Hats of too to our State leaders who were prepared to make tough decisions in order to save so many lives. And also to to the Federal Government which was prepared to make the tough financial decisions that saw millions of Australians supported through this period.

We really do live in the lucky country.

Well done all.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 8 May 2022 11:12:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steele,

Thank You for this positive message during these
difficult times. We certainly have a great deal to be
grateful for in this wonderful country of ours. It
just goes to show what a mighty nation we truly are and
how we do all come together in times of strife. As we did
during COVID.

It's Mother's Day today - and a good opportunity to celebrate
the things we value the most - our people, our nation, families,
and each other.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 8 May 2022 11:39:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,
It's one thing to feel proud to be born an Australian but another to have Australians feel proud of you !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 8 May 2022 2:13:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're not telling the full story Paul1405,

My friends drives Uber a couple days a week.
She had a woman aged 27 with 2 kids as one of his pick-ups and they were talking as he drove her to her destination.

She said her parents had nagged and nagged her to get the jab.
- Talking about the importance of being a responsible mum and for the sake of her kids.

Well as it turned out, this poor woman ended up having a stroke as a side-effect of the vaccine.

Now she can't even look after her kids.
- And that's just one of many stories.

We live on an island continent.
It's the government job to manage quarantine and look after the best interests of its citizens.

They could've shut the doors to the country, but no.
They cared more about money, than human lives.

I agree the numbers are a whole lot better than the US.
But only if you conflate HUMAN LIVES as mere numbers

And that said, from what I understand the people who have had the vaccine have much more serious cases of Covid in many instances than people who went unvaccinated.

I'm one of the unvaxxed, and I'm still alive.
I didn't even get sick once during the entire pandemic, until 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I put NO burden on the health system or cost the country a single dollar in PCR or RAT tests.
I didn't catch planes in or out of the country during the pandemic.
I wore my masks and stayed away from others as much as possible to stop the spread.
Others just ran around doing whatever the hell they wanted without any concern of the consequences to others.

My girlfriend has this T-Shirt.
On the back is a list of all the known side-effects of the vaccine.
That list is TOO BIG for anyone to read in less than 5 minutes.

It's one thing to tell A story, but next time you have a crack at it,
Maybe you should try to tell THE FULL UNBIASED STORY.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 8 May 2022 2:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Armchair Critic,

Sigh,

Firstly the woman in question did indeed suffer a stroke after a vaccine but it was widely reported and considered extremely rare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/queensland-coronavirus-vaccination-astrazeneca-rare-blood-clot/100315488

As to your claim: “And that said, from what I understand the people who have had the vaccine have much more serious cases of Covid in many instances than people who went unvaccinated.

Absolute garbage.

If it has come from your girlfriend tell her she is a tosser. This is a graph derived from real figures. You tell me who I should believe.

http://mobile.twitter.com/budgetbiochem/status/1522114058937573376/photo/2
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 8 May 2022 3:53:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul1405,
My friend that drives Uber is actually a 'he'.
I accidentally first wrote 'she' instead of 'he'.

I just spoke to my Uber friend (a family member by marriage) and showed him your link to ask if the girl in the article was the same one he picked up and he said no, it was a different girl.

So maybe there are more people with side effects than are reported in the media.

The side effects listed on my girlfriends T-Shirt actually comes from Pfizer's own reporting, I'll try to get some more info on this for you and update.

And as far as vaxxed / unvaxxed is concerned;
This is whats been told to me from family.
Some vaccinated family members (by marriage) have had much worse symptoms with COVID than others in the very same family who were unvaccinated
- And we also have a family member who worked as a nurse in the ICU of a major city hospital, although I haven't discussed COVID with her personally, but from what I understand, not everything is being reported accurately.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 8 May 2022 10:38:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC, why are you addressing your replies to me? Was that on purpose, I happen to agree with Steele on this. Many thousands of lives have been saved in Australia, thanks to the efforts particularly of state governments, but despite some federal cock-ups Morrison played a part as well.

On the economic side, I agree stimulus was necessary, but Morrison wasted many billions that could have been put to better use, or not spent at all.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 May 2022 6:49:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul1405,
Yes I saw my mistake after I posted it, sorry.
I haven't really been on the ball this last week.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 10:47:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SteeleRedux,

«Well done all.»

Yes, we have been great, the people of Australia did very well during this pandemic compared with any other place.

The problem is, that government takes credit for our good work, they claim as if it were them who did it, which is not true. In some states they were even in the way, working for the virus and against the people, and it was the central regime which actually denied us the vaccines while people in other countries already had them. Why we were not (and still are not) allowed to produce/import our own vaccines, we are only allowed those vaccines supplied by that evil government itself and only when they by their "grace" allow us to have them. To humiliate us further, they do not even allow us to pay for our own COVID vaccines, tests and treatments.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 May 2022 10:53:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

A rather myopic view of the situation and of course one I do not share. If there was ever a place for government to step in and coordinate a response it is either a war or a pandemic like the one we have just had.

I concede that governments are there to create the space for us to step up and contribute to the effort but even in this regard the difference between Australia for instance and the US was stark.

We have done alright as a nation including our leaders and I really think it is something that needs to be celebrated.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 9 May 2022 11:13:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done us!
So many small businesses closed, so many people oppressed and so much cruelty and corruption! Well done!
We closed the State for three hundred daily cases encouraged more fear and hatred of people unless they took the vaccine and have now reduced cases to only ten thousand a day! Well done us!
You old Stalinists revel in murder and mayhem, bashing people and house arrests? Why not just move to North Korea, your natural home? You could be guards in death camps.
Eventually the truth will out but Boris Johnson initially pointed out people dying were over the usual age of death so let it spread. Personally I hate all your lies but understand your corruption as you can then live the totalitarian dream.
I loved that you had to even compliment that lily-livered cur in Canberra whilst cheering on the WA and Victorian Nazi premiers.
Bring on the coming depression!
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 9 May 2022 11:44:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JBowyer,

Nothing screams Nazi as being happy to see off the old and infirmed before their time.

As to depression suicide rates here in Victoria plummeted through the Covid period.

Go bark up someone else's tree.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 9 May 2022 12:58:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it's time for someone to take a really good dig through all of the facts surrounding COVID.

Pfizer can't hide this ANYMORE | Redacted with Natali and Clayton Morris
http://youtu.be/U3bXXqUO6eQ

http://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/treatments/oral

http://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-education/doctors-complain-of-gag-over-astrazeneca-vaccine-20210316-p57b4z

http://www.gerardrennick.com.au/my-letter-to-ahpra-health-practitioners-must-not-be-intimidated/

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg

The Pfizer documents
http://youtu.be/7YOD9drZasM

http://rumble.com/v13n413-cdc-caught-spying-on-americans-as-new-vaccine-data-shows-massive-reactions-.html

http://rumble.com/search/video?q=Paul%20Cottrell

http://phmpt.org/

Moderna knows the truth is coming out | Redacted with Natali and Clayton Morris
http://youtu.be/56rfOQeO4qw
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 3:30:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You know it occurs to me that what we really need on OLO
Is some kind of leading expert or specialist in many different fields

Think of this as say 'OLO Topic Ambassadors'

- Preferably retired experts who have spend their lives as specialists in their fields with enough lifelong knowledge on each topic to quickly disseminate facts and access and look at data, while no longer being in the industry or facing gag orders or anything like this.

We need experts, who will tell the truth and who aren't beholden to bias, or narratives and agendas.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 3:56:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Armchair Critic,

You mean someone independent like this?

"Once an application is accepted, the TGA will commence a formal evaluation process that is carried out in multiple phases by technical experts.

This process involves obtaining further information and clarification from the sponsor, as well as being informed by the advice of the Advisory Committee on Vaccines, an independent committee of external experts."
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 9 May 2022 4:34:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR what an absolute clown you are. I am a 75 year old obese man so forget your usual anti old people bilge.
The vaccines don't work and in fact did nothing at all, likewise lockdowns and Vicpol bashing and gassing! You have plenty of references to the vaccine shortcomings but I bet the payola to Government bureaucrats helped enormously, bring on the Federal ICAC.
You have to admit Sweden got no worse than many locked down countries. This whole stuff up was ideological and lead by Communist Chinese, your best mates. Followed in Victoria because the hunchback is a Chinese plant.
Best joke is the CCP are still following their failed policies unless you follow the conspiracy theory that they are locking down the supply chain.
Nothing will sway your adoration of the dear leader, you idiot.
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 9 May 2022 5:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey SteeleRedux,

No. Do me a favor and just watch the first few minutes of the (first) video until they discuss the new Pfizer drug, which has been APPROVED BY OUR TGA, and the concerns associated with it.
(second link)
They are keeping information from us, they are not telling the truth.
I'm not smart enough to go through it all and disseminate it all.

Why are they putting gag order of doctors from telling the truth, or preventing doctors giving THEIR expert opinion?
(third and fourth link)
Shouldn't this be a red flag and set off alarm bells to you?
Don't you understand they can't say what they think, or they will lose the right to be doctors.

What I'm saying is we need people smart enough to sift through ALL OF THIS STUFF, (on all topics on OLO) that WE can rely on to tell US the truth.
(5th and 8th links - experts trying to tell the truth)

Because WE ARE NOT going to get it from the TGA or the mainstream media.
That's what I'm saying.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it.
Please understand this. Something is VERY WRONG HERE.

And as long as the majority are kept in the dark and fed BS, the longer they get away with whatever it is (on any topic) that's wrong.

The only way out from the lies is to get to the truth.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 6:16:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey JBowder,
I agree with some of your sentiments;
But I don't think the virus originated in China.
I thought it originally came out of Fort Detrick, and was deliberately released into the population at the Wuhan military games in 2019, which quickly spread it globally, to hide its true origins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/health/germs-fort-detrick-biohazard.html

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-08/04/c_1310107970.htm

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1094347/world-military-games-illness-covid-19

Yes they were doing gain of function research on Coronovirus at the BSL-4 Wuhan lab.

I read sources years ago that said it was in Italy around this time.
http://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/covid-19-was-present-in-italy-since-the-summer-of-2019/

But there's also another linked article here, which says it was in actually in Spain much earlier than that, so now I'm not sure.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/covid-19-was-present-in-italy-since-the-summer-of-2019/

http://www.euractiv.com/section/all/short_news/covid-19-was-in-spain-a-year-before-breakout/

- - - - - - - -

There will be a new pandemic soon, H5N1 Bird Flu
http://winepressnews.com/2022/04/29/former-cdc-director-redfield-warns-the-great-pandemic-of-bird-flu-is-going-to-happen-media-pushes-this-mass-culling-scenario/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/29/us-reports-first-human-case-of-h5n1-bird-flu

http://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23053296/bird-flu-chickens-turkeys-cull-depopulation-ventilation-shutdown

BTW, Robert Redfield, and Fauchi, these are the bad guys.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 7:10:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Link to Pfizers documents released under FOIA here
http://phmpt.org/

Watch This -> http://youtu.be/7YOD9drZasM
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 9 May 2022 7:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On 24/8/21 SR wrote: "The NSW deaths from Covid will inevitably be in their thousands by the end of October".

Actual number of deaths - 558.
So SR was wrong by at least 400% which for him is pretty good.

SR avoided owning up to that howler by quietly absenting himself form the group for a week or three at the end of October. I guess he thinks enough time has passed that he can again pretend to have a clue.

This was after SR had been exposed for making one error in Covid stats of 300% and another of 57000%.

Today SR thinks the lockdowns saved Australia. Tomorrow? Who knows? But they didn't. Indeed as the evidence continues to accumulate, its clear that lockdowns played little part, even a detrimental part, in determining the outcome eg...

"...one major study from Rand Corporation researchers found that lockdowns increased all-cause mortality to a statistically significant extent." http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Which-States-Handled-the-Covid-Pandemic-Best.pdf

or

"Sweden, which was criticised in the early stages of the pandemic for resisting a mandatory lockdown, had fewer deaths per capita than much of Europe.

In 2020 and 2021, the country had an average excess death rate of 56 per 100,000 – compared to 109 in the UK, 111 in Spain, 116 in Germany and 133 in Italy."

The lockdown didn't save lives. If you look at the data its clear that the best way to avoid mass covid deaths was to be an island. Especially an island that instituted strong quarantine. Australia also had other advantages. Low levels of vitamin D deficiency and low levels of intergenerational households.

The lockdowns did nothing other than impoverish tens of thousands and leave massive debt. Every time you hear about inflation or interest rates, remember - lockdowns did that.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 9:49:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Armchair Critic,

As a favour to you I did as you asked and watched the first couple on minutes of the video, and now my brain hurts.

In the list of risk factors to future profitability Pfizer quite rightly stated in their statement to the SEC that:

“We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine and/or variant-specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union or other countries where it has been authorised for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.”

This doesn't mean it is likely at all. Just look at the next line:

“Significant adverse events may occur during our clinical trials or even after receiving regulatory approval, which could delay or terminate clinical trials, delay or prevent regulatory approval or market acceptance of any of our product lines.”

At worse this is a base covering exercise on behalf of a pharmaceutical company which most of their competitors would be doing as well.

It in no way allows the podcasters to claim:

“Let that soak in for just a second okay. Just let that sink in. Let that flow over you. Pfiser is admitting in their own documents to the SEC that due to safety concerns and the efficacy sufficiency of their vaccines they are not likely to gain regulatory approval for their vaccines.”

Not likely? What garbage. They are admitting no such thing and it was utterly dishonest to claim they were.

Give these guys a wide berth. They are hamming this stuff up for your consumption.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 9:53:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Steele Redux,
I appreciate you taking a look, and either way I've forwarded the discussion by producing Pfizer's own documents..

There's a part in that video that talks about people who take Pfizers new anti-viral drug (the one approved by the TGA) quickly having recurring cases of Covid.
I'll keep looking into it when I have more time.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 11:41:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

You are a card aren't you. Absent myself because of a supposed blue? Hardly.

However you do seem a little hurt by our exchanges, so much so that you have to blow things way out of proportion to sneak in a supposed jab here and there. You are coming across as an obsessive and frankly it isn't a great look.

This isn't sheep stations here mate. We are two anonymous posters having a bit of fun with our spare time. Nothing more really.

But you really do need to be a little more honest about what you post.

For instance you keep comparing Sweden with the rest of Europe when the correct comparison is with the 4 other Scandinavian countries with similar high levels of health care, civic responsible attitudes and similar climates.

In that comparison they did terribly.

http://preview.redd.it/tttiktbgvhw81.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=9243e46ed4c01995cf7743818d947d482f9d8d07

As to lock downs even the demonstrable fact of the huge differences in the US compared to the Australian figures still has you denying they work.

What an effort you must put in to ignore the reality of the success we have had in this country. Blind and toxic ideology determined to ignore the bleeding obvious.

Without lockdowns Victoria federally run aged care services would have seen the country over run with Covid pre vaccinations. Tens of thousands of Australian lives would have been needlessly sacrificed if we had followed the advice of people like yourself.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 6:32:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR any word on how your lock downs and the Chinese hunchbacks repressive black shirts got us from 300 cases daily last year down to ten thousand cases daily now?
What a triumph that was, businesses not only ruined but health of Cancer and mental patients grossly affected. This is just the start it is all the way down from here plus the worse run health service in Australia. They are still flogging useless and in fact dangerous vaccines and wait till the bribery attached to this is exposed.
You should be ashamed of yourself!
AC I try not to argue with anyone who half agrees with me but I am happy to give the size twelves a work out on the people who stand with the Nazis.
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 7:19:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey JBowder,
Well, we're living in idiocracy and the world's eating itself...
No-one agrees on anything
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 7:36:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jbowyer,

Mate you are doing it again. Have some grizzle about Nazis then threaten to go all jackboots on someone.

You have quickly gone from wanting to cull the old and infirmed an now you are looking to stomp people to death.

I'm sure you have an XXXXL fancy Nazi uniform you bring out for those special bonding sessions with brothers from the fraternity but let's have no further mention of it shall we.

Isn't this game fun.

As to this little brain fade from you: “SR any word on how your lock downs and the Chinese hunchbacks repressive black shirts got us from 300 cases daily last year down to ten thousand cases daily now?”

The lockdowns were designed to get us to a stage where the vast majority of the population were vaccinated and then they were withdrawn. All going swimmingly to plan one would have thought.

Again, well done Australia.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 8:16:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I supported the lockdowns, and the masks etc.
- But I always made my feelings clear right from the beginning that in my opinion we wouldn't have had to have them at all if it wasn't for government incompetence in failing to quarantine the country properly in the first place.
- And also I'm in QLD, and didn't have to live with the hell that went down in Victoria and New South Wales.

We had it pretty easy, I don't know if my opinion would've been the same had I had to live through what others went through or not.

I argued that Hotel Quarantines in City CBD's - where they had potentially shared ventilation was JUST PLAIN STUPID, and an accident waiting to happen.

The biggest lockdown we had (45 min from the Brisbane CBD) in Brisbane's South East was a one week hard lockdown - no traveling more than 5klms from home except for certain legitimate reasons.

My position was always 'I don't want COVID and I don't want the Vaccine', but I followed the measures, 1/ because I wanted to protect myself, and 2/ because I didn't want in any way to cause the virus to spread further, or for other more vulnerable people to be harmed.

I cared not about the guilt-trips of others saying I was selfish for not getting vaccinated, as I believed that it's my body and my choice, and I never felt they were safe, but I didn't have any problem with others choosing to be vaccinated (as they have a right to choose for themselves), but they should also respect my choice as well.

I didn't claim any extra government assistance during the hard lockdown even though I could've and I never had any PCR or RAT tests, because I never got sick until 3 weeks ago.

You can all judge me however you choose to.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 May 2022 10:05:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR wrote (more in hope than truth) of "a supposed blue".

Straight out said there'd be thousands of deaths in NSW by 1/11/21 and it turned out to be wrong by at least several hundred percent. "Supposed blue" or monumental error. Standard SR here. Make unresearched and/or uneducated claims and then, when they turn out to be unresearched and/or uneducated claims, pretend it never happened.

SR wrote: "you keep comparing Sweden with the rest of Europe". Well it wasn't me doing the comparing, it was the World Health Organisation - but what would they know, eh?

SR thinks (for want of a better word) that its invalid to compare Sweden with the countries just a few hundred kilometres away, because...well he doesn't say why, so just because. (BTW, I don't know what you think your link shows but relevant it ain't).

Then in the next breathe he thinks its entirely valid to compare Australia to a country on the other side of the planet!!

For SR, logic is an alien concept.

SR wrote: "As to lock downs even the demonstrable fact of the huge differences in the US compared to the Australian figures still has you denying they work."

Well that wasn't me doing the denying. Its pretty much every group which looks are actual numbers as they become available. I mentioned WHO above. I mentioned the Rand Corporation above who ran the numbers comparing US lockdown and non-lockdown states. They also concluded lockdowns, if anything, were counter-productive. And there's plenty of other similar studies coming out as excess death data becomes available. (Excess death data is more appropriate because it eliminates the differing national definitions of what is and isn't a WuFlu related death).

Victoria was the most locked-down state in the country and yet it had by far the greatest number of deaths. Just another example for you to ignore.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 10:45:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR your condescending "Well done Australia" is very apt. We got worse than unvaccinated Africa, hopelessly in debt and fascism! Well done indeed.
These regulations will be used against you too and everyone will be affected by the impending depression as well.
Think on that nazi-boy.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 12:03:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Mate you spent most of the first 6 months of this downplaying death rates saying they were akin to flu figures

“The current deaths rates as per the site in question shows that they are no worse than death rates in other flu seasons.”

In the US Covid turned out to be at least 12 times more deadly per 100,000 infected than their worst recent flu season.

Yes I was out by a few months when I said NSW would experience thousands of deaths from Covid. Given they are well over 7,000 now your point is churlish.

As to the graph I posted:http://preview.redd.it/tttiktbgvhw81.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=9243e46ed4c01995cf7743818d947d482f9d8d07

I understand some simple things can be difficult for you such as map reading but to break it down for your comprehension skills it shows Sweden did far worse in the number of years lots to Covid than any other of the Nordic nations.

But this is the height of stupidity from you: “Victoria was the most locked-down state in the country and yet it had by far the greatest number of deaths. Just another example for you to ignore.”

Victoria was the most lockdown state BECAUSE of a surge in Covid infections and deaths it experienced due to quarantining failures both state and federal.

Unbelievable.

JBowyer,

The Illinois Nazis are looking for new recruits. Why don't you head over and help them out.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 1:59:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR, just remember that in 2017 there were 3,500 Flu deaths in just a few months and your little Nazi mate did nothing then? That is more than have died in two years of the Covid. Makes you look the fool you are. You trot off to North Korea they are looking for people as dumb and cruel as you. Or better still WA, there is one nastier more corrupt politician there than the despicable Andrews!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 2:06:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JBowyer,

Rubbish as usual.

Covid deaths in Victoria and NSW are around 3,000 respectively and over 7,000 for the country. The 3,034 in 2017 was significant but doesn't come close especially when vaccination rates are taken into account.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 3:33:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR wrote: "Mate you spent most of the first 6 months of this downplaying death rates saying they were akin to flu figures"

Yes and I was right. Flu deaths in Australia pre-covid hysteria were between 3 and 4000pa. We're now 2 1/2 years into it and total WuFlu deaths are around 7000. So yes it was just another flu season or two. With the added bonus of destitution and economic ruination for multitudes.

Just to help you out on the map you thought showed something... (1) it only relates to half the covid era and (2) has multiple numbers of Sweden meaning it can't be used for anything other mesmerising those bamboozled by actual figures - Oh now I see why you like it.

Again, please explain why its is, in your view, invalid to do what WHO did and compare Sweden to countries a coupla hundred kilometres away but valid to compare Australia to a country on the other side of the world.

SR wrote: "Yes I was out by a few months when I said NSW would experience thousands of deaths from Covid. Given they are well over 7,000 now your point is churlish."

NSW most recent numbers are 2547 deaths not 7000+.

Wow, SR and numbers. They utterly confuse him in ways I've never really seen before.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 4:29:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR is a grubby little coward who only gets his jollies off on Andrew's Blackshirt violence! He is flogging the deadest of dead horses but the truth will out and then there will be countless court cases against all you Covid cowards!
Anyone else heard that Sutton has been in court the last two days, it must be true because the MSM have not breathed a word?
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 6:23:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Sigh.

The 7,000 I was referring to was nation wide but yes I should have spelt that out more clearly for you especially.

Now you prance in with: “Yes and I was right. Flu deaths in Australia pre-covid hysteria were between 3 and 4000pa.”

It was purely because of our lockdowns that we were able to keep our Covid numbers so low you berk. That applied to flu deaths too. Why on earth does something this bloody obvious escape you?

Anybody with half a brain would take this as a bloody given. Try and get your head around it because you give every appearance of being mentally enfeebled and deserving of our sympathy rather than someone with any semblance of being of sound mind.

Jbowyer,

Hey mate, looks like Victoria is outlawing the Nazi flag but you will have a year to hand your collection in. Aren't you lucky.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 May 2022 7:47:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As each of his errors is exposed, poor ol' SR becomes increasingly deranged.

First he claims I was wrong to say it was no worse than a normal flu season then, after I point out the actual data, he says it was no worse than a normal flu season because of lockdowns. But no worse, nonetheless. But I doubt he'll be able to make that connection.

I guess he'll never explain his thinking (for want of a better word)as to why Sweden shouldn't be compared to Germany but Australia should be compared to the US. I assume the reason is that such comparisons prove his error, and are therefore invalid.

In the end analysing this whole thing requires an understanding of statistics and numbers and SR just gets bamboozled by such things.

He wants the lockdowns to be the cause for our low death rates and when the numbers show otherwise, he just gets upset.

For those interested in the truth....

http://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28930/w28930.pdf?utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED

“We fail to find that shelter-in-place policies saved lives."

There are plenty of other studies that show that lockdowns were useless. There will be more still as new and better data comes to the fore.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 12 May 2022 7:00:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Mate I just knew you would try that on. It got a laugh at least.

Let's break it down for your obviously addled brain.

You said: “First he claims I was wrong to say it was no worse than a normal flu season” because I quoted you as saying “The current deaths rates as per the site in question shows that they are no worse than death rates in other flu seasons.”

Here is a more fulsome quote from that post:

“Nowhere did I suggest that the Wuhan Virus didn't cause deaths merely "a strange lack of increase in overall deaths in Europe". The current deaths rates as per the site in question shows that they are no worse than death rates in other flu seasons.”

The site in question? http://www.euromomo.eu/index.html

Yup. A European site looking at European figures. Not Australian. So yes you were wrong.

Next you whine: “after I point out the actual data, he says it was no worse than a normal flu season because of lockdowns.” You pointed out Australian data and it showed the extraordinary effectiveness of our lockdowns.

You then link a paper which you purport to “show that lockdowns were useless” when it expressly says:

“When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand.”

A complete validation of lockdowns in this country from your own source.

You really are a gift which keeps on giving aren't you.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 12 May 2022 11:55:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, got any evidence that wheat was exported from Australia to BENGAL, 1943/44. Well, I must say, you are a pillack on such matters. Did I mention Bengal was what is present day Bangladesh. Until I gave you a geography lesson, you may have thought it was somewhere between Iceland and Antarctica.

Steele, please go easy on mhaze, he is a rather delicate little petal, and has no knowledge of geography, history, science etc, etc,etc, but I do believe he is good with his poo-poo's.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 12 May 2022 12:26:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear Paul, do at least try to pretend to be adult. Making stuff up about what I do and don't know and then talking about "poo-poo". Juvenile doesn't even come close to describing it.

You made claims that you had to eventually admit were wrong. Grow a pair and own up.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 13 May 2022 8:24:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

Since you've taken to furthering your education by trolling through all my past posts, you'll be aware of the at least dozen previous posts where I've said my comparison to the flu was related to Australia only. Since I don't know what the flu deaths in the other places were pre-WuFlu, I can't comment on whether the comparison holds for these other places.

BTW are you ever going to explain as to why Sweden shouldn't be compared to Germany but Australia should be compared to the US. I assume the reason is that such comparisons prove his error, and are therefore invalid.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 13 May 2022 8:32:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

This is so much fun.

Okay. so absolutely no mention then of the fact you had written the following:

Quote

For those interested in the truth....

http://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28930/w28930.pdf?utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&amp%3Butm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED

“We fail to find that shelter-in-place policies saved lives."

There are plenty of other studies that show that lockdowns were useless. There will be more still as new and better data comes to the fore.

Unquote

Yet your own linked document categorically states:

“When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand.”

Can you at least concede they worked in Australia?

Or are we going to just ignore such a monumental own goal.

You just can seemed to hit a trick can you son.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 13 May 2022 8:44:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, have you worked out where BENGAL is yet? You rabbited on about a small amount of Australian wheat going to India. That was irrelevant to the BENGAL FAMINE, which you seem to have absolutely no knowledge of.

As for your poo-poos, I do believe constipation is your problem, a pak or two of 'Laxettes' taken at once should see you right.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 13 May 2022 3:27:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well SR shows his 'L's as regards statistics yet again....

“When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand.” SR thinks this matters.

When doing statistical analysis, its usual to find outliers. Indeed researches hope to find them to provide avenues to new research.

For example, suppose you wanted to test a theory that aspirin cured cancer. You give aspirin to 100 cancer patients and find, ultimately, that 2 survive. Do you then declare that aspirin indeed cures cancer and all cancer suffers should cease chemotherapy and use aspirin? Or even that aspirin was the cause for the two surviving? Or do you assume that the survivors had something special about them that made them outliers?

As regards the lockdowns there were clearly outliers. That they existed doesn't prove that lockdowns work. That they exist doesn't even prove that the lockdowns worked for them. Logic would suggest that you look to other things that caused the outliers to be outliers.

Now I wonder what those other things could be? Well I have previously said that Australia being an island helped. Since SR has taken to trolling through my old posts in the hope for enlightenment I'm sure he can find those posts. Oh and lookie here - New Zealand is also an island. And then there's Malta - lets have Paul tell us about its geography since he considers himself an expert in that realm. (Hint: he's not but its nice to humour the kiddies).

Being an island helped make quarantine effective. This research demonstrates it.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 15 May 2022 1:12:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BTW are you ever going to explain as to why Sweden shouldn't be compared to Germany but Australia should be compared to the US. I assume the reason is that such comparisons prove his error, and are therefore invalid.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 15 May 2022 1:13:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

I was wondering what you would limp back in here with. I had hoped it might have been better than this:

"Being an island helped make quarantine effective. This research demonstrates it."

Not even close. What they actually said was: "When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand.”

SIP means stay in place - a lockdown.

So what your little sentence should have read was:

"Being an island helped make lockdowns effective. This research demonstrates it."

Are you going to concede that lockdowns worked in this country given the evidence you provided or not? Pretty bloody simple question.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 15 May 2022 8:53:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, Bengal was not an island, I thought you might like to know that, considering your geography is so bad.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 May 2022 10:15:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poor, poor ol' Paul,

You said that no Australian wheat went to India.

You said I was wrong and lying to say that some Aussie wheat went to India.

You finally admitted that I was neither wrong nor lying and that I'd been right all along.

You now assert that none of that wheat got to Bengal. You have no evidence for that. You've offered not a skerrick, not an iota, not a brass razoo's worth, of evidence for your claim, which is of course what you always do.

And to offset this lack of anything approaching an adult way of arguing, you offer poo-poo insults. Come back to me when you grow up.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 16 May 2022 7:39:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I assumed, SR, the nature of the statistics elude you.

If lockdowns work, they work everywhere. If they only appear to work in some places and those places have other common characteristics, then it makes sense that those other common characteristics be considered as being factors. I can see that this is too complex for you but nonetheless...

Its SOP for SR to falsify quotes in the hope that his false narrative will get through. You'd think he'd learn that it never works with me, but he tries anyway. Here's the rest of the quote that SR tried to hide....

"When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the
trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand. All three countries are islands. In every other country, we observe either no visual change in excess deaths or increases in excess deaths. The results are similar for U.S. states. We observe small reductions in excess deaths for Hawaii, which is also an island, following the implementation of a SIP policy."

Ethics are weak in this one.

BTW are you ever going to explain as to why Sweden shouldn't be compared to Germany but Australia should be compared to the US. I assume the reason is that such comparisons prove his error, and are therefore invalid. At the very least can you advise if your determination to avoid this is due to a lack of understanding about comparative statistics or a desire to avoid admitting further error.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 16 May 2022 7:43:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, you substituted India for Bengal. I said no wheat was delivered to Bengal during the Bengal Famine 1943. It was a British government directive which prevented grain shipments to Bengal. You're the so called expert, provide evidence. Such a pillock.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 May 2022 9:10:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul1405,

He is indeed a right pillock but an entertaining one at least.

Dear mhaze,

More than happy to address other matters but not at the expense of giving you an out on this beautiful own goal of yours.

This is what you have put:

Quote

Its SOP for SR to falsify quotes in the hope that his false narrative will get through. You'd think he'd learn that it never works with me, but he tries anyway. Here's the rest of the quote that SR tried to hide....

"When comparing across countries, the only countries in which we observe the introduction of SIP policies negatively changes the
trajectory of excess deaths are Australia, Malta, and New Zealand. All three countries are islands. In every other country, we observe either no visual change in excess deaths or increases in excess deaths. The results are similar for U.S. states. We observe small reductions in excess deaths for Hawaii, which is also an island, following the implementation of a SIP policy."

Ethics are weak in this one.

End quote.

Firstly the fact you are accusing me of falsifying quotes when I did no such thing is a deep reflection on your personal ethics which have never been a shining example of probity on this forum.

Next your unabashed hypocrisy is blatant if not a little bizarre to the ordinary folk.

It was you who left out the quote about lockdowns working in Australia when you posted and quoted from your link.

Why did you try and hide such a damning piece of evidence? Because it didn't suit your narrative.

So how about an answer you mendacious troller, do you admit that lockdowns worked in Australia as per your study or not?

I am more than happy to acknowledge us being an island certainly assisted in their effectiveness but without the lockdowns Covid would have had a devastating impact in a pre-vaccinated Australia.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 16 May 2022 11:10:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How about a poll.

Is SR
A/ Press secretary for a labor politician.
B/ Apprentice press secretary for a lefty think tank.

I have been pondering this for a while, but can't decide.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 May 2022 2:39:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Hasbeen,

SR is ethical and civil-minded.
He has integrity, patience, confidence, and
is a great communicator. He has great inter-personal
communication skills. He treats people with respect.

He has the qualities of a great leader.
Passion, teamwork, and social skills, all are necessary
to be effective - and SR has that in spades.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 May 2022 3:01:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hassy, do you still want to NUK 200 million Pakistani men, women and children as you once posted on the Forum. You also posted that the Australian Navy should open fire with 50mm rounds on unarmed refugee boats carrying, defenceless women and children, a real man. Don't be gutless, say what you mean, if you still support those murderous acts.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 May 2022 3:02:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR would be nobody's secretary.

He'd be the man in charge.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 May 2022 3:03:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Well that might have been gilding the lily a touch but thank you.

I do however find myself sliding down the curmudgeonly path and not suffering fools lightly as well as I once did. Perhaps that's why Hasbeen and I get along so well.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 16 May 2022 6:21:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for abuse]
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 5:31:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If lockdowns were so decisive, why were they only apparently decisive on islands?

For help in answering that conundrum refer to my previous posts on the importance of quarantines vis a vis islands.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 6:35:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steele,

Gilding the lily?

No.

I can only post things as I see them.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 9:12:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, I have cracked it! SR and Foxy are the same person or maybe committee? Now doing dishonest complimentary puff pieces supposedly to each other.
Genius, well done chaps, sorry I hope I am not misgendering you boys/girls/ LGBTTWTF?
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 10:18:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi JBowyer,

If you don't like what I think - and feel excluded in
some way - you can always improve.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 May 2022 11:06:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy