The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. 43
  9. Page 44
  10. 45
  11. 46
  12. 47
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
Has anyone received their flu injections yet?

If not, why not?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 23 April 2020 7:16:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy,

We got them mid March, Over 65 and children free. at the Chemist $15. Did you see a 106 year old woman in Britain survived the corona virus, sick for 3 weeks but she pulled through, doctors were amazed. For runner and the religious I'll put it down as a miracle.

Hi Joe,

The price of a British life in WWI was 16 pounds, $32. The wholesale value of human raw materials, as mostly fertiliser, was less than a pound, war and viruses are inefficient killing machines. I have no sympathy for America, but a lot for the American people. I recall reading something Ho Chi Minh said about Americans during the Vietnam war. When told of the overwhelming American firepower compared to Vietnam, Ho said we will win, because the American people are soft, our people are hard (words to that effect), he was right.

Joe, I didn't know you were named after Comrade Stalin, is your middle name, Vissarionovich. LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 April 2020 6:10:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Scary news, some people who have recovered from covid-19 are becoming reinfected some months later, herd immunity?

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported."
I understand Trump had one doctor fired for giving the facts out about hydroxychloroquine and tried to have the report suppressed.

Clive Palmer has also tried to get in on the hydroxychloroquine as well.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 April 2020 7:57:15 AM
Paul etc,

"some people who have recovered from covid-19 are becoming reinfected some months later"

Evidence? Link?

"showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals."

It was a small analysis of VA data. It wasn't a trial. Even the authors said it merely indicated more research was needed. There's evidence that the sicker patients were given the drug while the healthier were given other medication. There are several other studies that show the drug works.

But as usual, the TDs crowd leap on this one minor report. It even got a run on (y)our ABC last night. Did the other studies?(he says, tongue firmly in cheek).

"I understand Trump had one doctor fired for giving the facts out about hydroxychloroquine and tried to have the report suppressed."

Evidence? Link?

SR,

"This is despite [Sweden] closing high schools and universities and switching off major manufacturing."

Major manufacturing switched off? Evidence? Links?

Foxy,

Got the jab yesterday. Pneumonia vaccine as well. I had to take one of the 90 yr olds I look after to have her bi-monthly heart checkup, so got the jab at the same time.

Quite the rigmarole to even get in to see the doctor these days.

But also have one of my charges in hospital at the moment. Getting into a hospital is a real trial these days. Probably easier to get into the Kremlin at the height of the cold war than getting in to visit a sick patient today.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 24 April 2020 10:50:23 AM
Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you've got the jab.

Is Joe (Loudmouth) really named after Stalin?

I'm named after a Lithuanian goddess (smile).

Go figure.

Good Morning mhaze,

We've also received the jab as well as the pneumonia
shot. I must admit I now get nervous about doctor
visits. The reality sinks in when he's wearing a gown
and mask. As for hospital visits?
I've go a few appointments coming up in July. Who knows
what will happen by then. We've got a friend in
a rehab centre that we're not able to visit. She had a
bad fall. But we speak on the phone daily.

Strange times.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 April 2020 11:06:20 AM
Dear mhaze,

You asked “Major manufacturing switched off? Evidence? Links?”

April 17, 2020 03:17 AM
Volvo's Sweden, Belgium plants to resume car output Monday

“Volvo will start filling orders for the V90 wagon (shown) again on Monday at its plant in Torslanda, Sweden.

Volvo will restart its vehicle assembly lines in Torslanda, near Gothenburg, Sweden, and Ghent, Belgium, on Monday, ending a car production shutdown that started in March to contain the spread of the coronavirus, the automaker said Friday.”
http://europe.autonews.com/automakers/volvos-sweden-belgium-plants-resume-car-output-monday
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 24 April 2020 12:34:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. 43
  9. Page 44
  10. 45
  11. 46
  12. 47