The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. 40
  9. Page 41
  10. 42
  11. 43
  12. 44
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
Dear mhaze,

"The link in SR's last post, which he presumably misunderstood, shows again that there are no excess deaths among the young. Just a bit more evidence."

Normally I find your slipperiness amusing but this isn't just crude misrepresentation but utter contempt for the facts.

We have come a long way from your original assertion; "Check this site which shows a strange lack of increase in overall deaths in Europe…http://www.euromomo.eu/index.html"

As my link does show an increase in unexpected deaths due to the virus in the 15-64 year age group the young you are referring to has certainly narrowed markedly.

Well I should at least be thankful the right here aren't parading the streets with high powered weapons at the urging of their president to ignore lockdown orders.

The second wave will be devastating for the US, hopefully wiser heads and leadership in Australia will protect us from the idiocy which prevails at the moment in Trump's America.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 12:43:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, I am 80. I totally deny you, any politician, bureaucrat or definitely the SRs of this world the right to dictate to me how I should spend the last few years, or months, as the case may be, of my life.

It must be my right in a free society, to take my chances of contracting the coronavirus, or holing up in a tree in an attempt to avoid doing so. The authorities, listening to bureaucratic & academic medicos have made such a mess of these restrictions, they are ludicrous, & deserve to be ignored.

You can run on a beach, but swim or sit down & it will cost you a grand. While I am happy to comply with restrictions that limit any possibility of my infecting any of the general public, it must be my right to take that ever chance of becoming infected I choose.

The ratbag lycra wearing bikers can do what they like, but do the same thing in your car, & it's another grand. My old remote flying mate can't go fly his planes at his club, or come down here & fly totally privately by himself on my private strips, or it's another grand. Surely, only a demented ratbag, or a bureaucrat could possibly have come up with such a disjointed pile of garbage in these restrictions. Those of us who are more interested in doing our thing, rather than trying to live forever, should be allowed to enjoy our simple pleasures, so long as we effect no one else.

My neighbors kid can ride their pony, but if my grand son came & rode the horse kept here for him, god knows how much it would cost us.

At age many skills & abilities are beginning to atrophy. A lay off of months from driving, water skying, or flying our RC planes will see some never do these thing successfully again. No one has a right to make others lose these attributes, just because they are bloody minded little dictators. Obviously lefty would be dictators like SR love it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 1:50:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear, hear Hassy!

You shouldn't have to live your twilight years on your knees, which is where this is going.

Should we attempt to avoid the loss of 3 lives while ruining the material life of 997 others when the mortality outcome will be the similar whatever strategy attempt is chosen? This is not a moral question needing Geoffrey Robertson's help to answer.
Posted by Luciferase, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 2:27:02 PM
They say China is hiding the truth, may well be, but its time 'Bug Ridden' Boris and his Tory bunch in Britain came clean on the number of Coronavirus deaths in the UK. Only publishing figures for those dying in national hospitals, and not including those deaths in nursing homes, or at home is deceiving the British public and the rest of the world. Boris has been slack in every department, from not attending or chairing important meetings, to the procurement of vital equipment. Like that other half wit conservative in the US, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson has been a complete failure when it comes to handling this pandemic.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/20/boris-johnson-sunday-times-prime-minister-coronavirus

In 1665 the wealthy of London deserted the city for the country, leaving the poor in overcrowded slums, starving, lacking medical attention, and awaiting their ultimate demise from the ravishes of the pandemic sweeping the city.

In 2020 the wealthy of New York deserted the city for the country, leaving the poor in overcrowded slums, starving, lacking medical attention, and awaiting their ultimate demise from the ravishes of the pandemic sweeping the city.

Not much has changed!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 2:47:20 PM
SR,

"Check this site which shows a strange lack of increase in overall deaths in Europe"

That's what I said three weeks ago. And it remains correct today. That you misunderstood the graphs then and are still trying to find a way to pretend otherwise is both funny and sad. I spoke about Europe. You scurry around trying to find this or that corner of Europe with excess deaths and then pretending that you've made some discovery.

The only discovery is that you're incapable of understanding even the simplest of concepts and/or letting it go when shown to have failed to understand even the simplest of concepts.

BTW did you notice that some of the locations in the graph you rely on don't any excess deaths. How can that be? Best pretend that we didn't see it, eh SR.

BTW also, I can't help but notice that when presented with data about Italy and the potential overstatement of deaths, you couldn't retreat fast enough, sans acknowledgement of your error. Same old SR.

Hasbeen,

I haven't got the slightest problem with anyone of your age deciding to roll the dice by venturing out into the viral world. I'd simply want to know that they have been fully appraised of the risks involved. Thereafter their, or in this case your, call.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 4:04:22 PM
Luciferase,

You could be right. Us oldies may have had our turn and, for the good of the young, we should be prepared to take our Kool-Aid at some point. Give me a couple more years first, though.

Maybe eighty should be the limit: the Youth Freedoms Police should be tasked to come around on our eightieth birthdays and take us off to a despatch centre. After, say, our sixty fifth birthday (younger if they are ill), all Australians should be required to wear some distinctive clothing, perhaps a badge of some kind, perhaps particularly dull-coloured clothing, maybe a muddy khaki-grey mix, something unattractive anyway.

Any Olds trying to pass as a Young should be given high-priority for subtraction. The property of all Olds should go into a pool for Youngs, inheritance should be abolished and Olds moved to one-bedroom holiday and pleasure homes after they turn, say, seventy but communication with their children could still allowed on weekends. Olds could be regretfully denied medical attention which Youngs rightly deserve first.

Wow, one can really exercise one's imagination when it comes to the disposal of unnecessary populations :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 4:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. 40
  9. Page 41
  10. 42
  11. 43
  12. 44