The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What if its all for nothing

What if its all for nothing

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All
mhaze,

I think what you are trying to tell me is that you don't want me in The Forum's Old Farts Club.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 5 April 2020 8:06:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
-in my previous post: "statics" should obviously be "statistics"
Posted by thinkabit, Sunday, 5 April 2020 8:28:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear thinkabit,

Yes mhaze's grasp of figures does not represent the shining peak of his abilities but at least he has a crack.

I found this site particularly insightful. It is a well credentialed team at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).

It breaks down the projections of each state in the US depending on how well they will cope with the many victims likely to be impacting their respective health systems.

They take into account not only resources available but also what measures the various jurisdictions have enacted to flatten the curb.

As of now they have the US with 10 days until peak resource use on April 15, 2020 and a shortfall of beds of 87,674. They have modelled the total death toll at 93,531. Well worth a look if you are interested.
http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 5 April 2020 8:29:20 PM
That's right Mr O, HAND IN YOUR ZIMMER FRAME! You are being cashiered out of the Forums Old Farts Club, you'll never be eligible for the 750 free incontinence pads from ScumO' now to boost the economy. I do suspect you were never a member, not the far right sort of material needed. I was booted years ago, when I enlisted I put up my age, told em' I was the legal age for membership, 87, when I was only 66. Then they found out I was a lefty who didn't believe The Donald was the true messiah! That was the end of me! Is mhaze still the Grand Poobah of the lodge?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 April 2020 8:41:41 PM
Paul1405,

The reason they don't like me is simply because I happen to be very smart and know all about the Arts things like history, anthropology, sociology, archaeology, philosophy, etc., the very stuff they don't have a clue about.

They get very upset when I point things out that they don't know about. Well I guess that is how people end up when they don't continue pass a sixth grade education and end up being engineers or other like trades.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 5 April 2020 9:30:43 PM
Mr. Opinion,

Let's talk about this old farts business. How old are you? I seem to remember that you said you worked part time 'in retirement'. Did you lie about that, as well as everything else?
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 5 April 2020 10:55:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy