The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Closing the Gap 2020 Report

Closing the Gap 2020 Report

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Got o get up early in the morning to fool a wise old cock like Indy.

Again Indy, over the years I have said on many occasions on this forum, and known to you and other regulars that my wife is Maori.

"Didn't you actually once confirm to me here that the Maori aren't actually indigenous to NZ ?" No I did not, in fact that is a furphy, you are most likely referring to the Moriori a now extinct Polynesian people who populated the Chatham Islands. There is no conclusive evidence that the Moriori ever inhabited Aotearoa. Like waves of Aboriginal settlement on the continent of Australia, there were waves of Polynesian settlement in New Zealand.

Now did you not lament that the last pension increase was not enough to get you another schooner of beer down at Gods Waiting Room. Do you measure your taxpayer funded welfare in schooners of beer?

"I have paid for my lease on that teat, are you & your "indigenous" missus paying for yours ?"

No you have not Indy, wasting whatever you earned, pissing it up against the wall, playing pokies etc, now the taxpayer has to keep you till you die. After nearly 50 years of paying tax, and still doing so, my wife and I have modest investments in property and cash assets, which prevents us from obtaining taxpayer welfare as you do. Combined, we budget our living expenses at a modest $600/week, probely less than you suck out of the taxpayer, there is also your freebies from State and Local government you pocket
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 14 February 2020 12:04:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o-ho. Reading the thread its clear Paul got caught out trying to claim a special understanding of the aboriginal plight via his wife who isn't actually aboriginal. She's 'indigenous' and it seems all 'indigenous' people understand the aboriginal plight...or something.

So now he's throwing mud around at a furious rate to try to muddy the water. A disciple of SR?

We're all indigenous to somewhere. I'm indigenous to Australia. Born here. My parents born here. All bar one grandparent born here. All bar two great-grandparents born here. Oh and one ancestor whose ancestors were born here a few millennia ago.

How far back does your heritage have to go to be 'indigenous'?
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 14 February 2020 12:24:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe,

I'm not trading off anything, you cannot mitigate failures by pointing to successes as you attempt to do. If I say; "Aboriginal infant mortality rates are a failure." Its not a neutral balance if you say; "Aboriginal tertiary education rates are a success." A bit like a doctor saying to a patent; "You have terminal cancer, but you have excellent vision." Does one simply counter the other and the patent goes home feeling like he did before he seen the doctor...no.

You simply deflect away from the '2020 Closing the Gap Report' is it too much for you. Your first response was to play the blame game, its Indigenous settlements and community councils, nothing to do with the report, but you finger point failure as the responsibility of Aboriginal people themselves. Even if we accept that assertion, we still have the failures. That goes down well with the rednecks as their game is to denigrate Aboriginal people at every opportunity. This from you; "So many opportunities, so many chances, so much power to do so much, but so much disillusion".... its a case of, "we set you up to fail" and sure enough "you failed" I was right all along, what does that prove?

Your next effort; "a bloke beats the hell out of his beloved.", again nothing to do with the report, just more deflection, more finger pointing, more of the blame game, all fodder for the forum rednecks.

What I'm asking from you Joe, is your answers to the failures in the report, but that's not what you are posting.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 14 February 2020 4:48:22 PM
Paul1405,
You're sounding more & more like one of those 19 year old invalid pensioners !
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 February 2020 5:08:51 PM
Oops, apologies I meant self diagnosed invalid Pensioners.
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 February 2020 5:24:23 PM
Paul,

So you're suggesting that Indigenous university students and graduates on the one hand, owe something to parents neglecting their children, getting on the grog, gambling and brawling on the other hand ? I don't think so at all, not in the slightest.

People make choices. Some choose to go to uni. Some choose to stay unemployed - and unemployable - illiterate, innumerate and skill-less, in and out of jail, and unintentionally dying much earlier. Yes, some have more advantages than others, but it's not as if some Indigenous people are taking, somehow, some quantity of advantage from others to add to their own.

Urban Indigenous people, and those who go to uni per se, have no role at all in keeping some other Indigenous people in a dreadful and deadening cycle of life. Unless, of course, you wish to blame the victim in your attacks on students and graduates ?

As Noel Pearson advised many years ago, I too look forward to Aboriginal people on lifelong welfare, getting down from the welfare pedestal, taking a cut in their lifelong income, making the effort to gain some skills and get into employment - even if it's at a lower income level than they would have been on welfare - and getting their kids through schooling.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 14 February 2020 5:41:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12