The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Closing the Gap 2020 Report

Closing the Gap 2020 Report

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
That's right Indy, my wife is an Indigenous person of Aotearoa, known to you as New Zealand. Can be indigenous without being an Australian Aboriginal, looks like you didn't know that.

BTW; The Sami people, also known as Lapps are the indigenous people of Finland, and I bet not one of them can throw a boomerang.

And for your edification and clarification; There are approximately 370 million Indigenous Peoples worldwide, in over 90 countries. And not all of them are Australian aboriginals. Amazing.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 13 February 2020 9:15:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
What a cheap cop-out. I'm indigenous also but I don't pretend to be Aborigine as you unsuccessfully tried to imply with the missus.
Do you know that they have Boomerang clubs in Europe, perhaps not in Lapland but I attended one throwing event in 1965 in Bavaria. I have not seen a boomerang throwing club here though.
I have always been aware of your lack of integrity but you appear to be reaching for new lows.
Indigenous indeed ! Didn't you actually once confirm to me here that the Maori aren't actually indigenous to NZ ? There was another crowd before they were annihilated by the ancestors of the present lot !
Go out & buy a packet of cornflakes, with a bit of luck you might win some integrity !
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 February 2020 7:28:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, not bad coming from a bloke swing off the taxpayer teat himself.
Paul1405,
I have paid for my lease on that teat, are you & your "indigenous" missus paying for yours ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 February 2020 7:30:37 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for those massive non sequiturs, trying to link Indigenous higher education with child neglect, addictions, lifelong unemployment, etc. So, you think that there is some kind of trade-off - that some Indigenous people enjoy higher education at (somehow) the cost to other Indigenous people ?

Higher education is open to all Indigenous people, if they have the entry qualifications - and that means getting successfully through school - and that mean kids going to school - and that means, for all Indigenous people, wherever they live, looking after one's kids.

Two Indigenous populations: my wife wrote about this nearly fifteen years ago now. Plus ca change. People make choices: some positive, some negative. That's 'self-determination'.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 14 February 2020 8:04:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have a look at photos of Aboriginal dancers taken in the 19th Century, doing tribal dances and compare them with photos of Aboriginal dancers today.

Why are so many of today's dancers fat?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 14 February 2020 9:31:01 AM
I always find it amusing that those who are the most earnest advocates for government intervention are those who are the most outraged when said intervention fails. Those who think the answer to every social question is more government get really pissed off when shown it isn't.

The gap was never going to be closed. It will never be closed while-ever a portion of the aboriginal community want to live in an aboriginal community. The idea that someone living in some sh!thole shanty on the outskirts WhoTheHellKnowsWhere can have the same health outcomes as someone living 20 minutes drive from a world-class hospital is just bonkers. But some want to believe it and there are any number of politicians and parties whose sole function is to tell people what they want to hear.

And after 20-odd years of utter failure to deliver the impossible, what do these people think the answer is....MORE government. Sheesh!
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 14 February 2020 9:56:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13