The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Go home Bob Brown.

Go home Bob Brown.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. All
Foxy a mine can't go belly up while the stuff to mine is still valuable, only the company running the thing can fail. If Adani fail, another company will buy the assets & continue mining, with much less debt. Perhaps it could even end up in Ozzie hands. Perhaps the banks foresee this.

We used to hear the same greenie crap in the great Barrier Reef tourist industry. Every tine someone wanted to develop a resort somewhere the ratbags would be screaming. According to them it was always some get rich developer after a fast buck. These fools had no idea. The only fast buck in the Oz tourist industry are those going out, not coming in.

With almost every development you would see the debt to build the thing could not be managed, & a bankrupt sale would follow. Some times the buyer at half price of development would succeed, but rarely. It was usually only the third owner, who bought in at a quarter of building cost that would handle the still high debt.

Keith Williams made money out of Hamilton, but only by his personal building company, not the resort.

Yes personal injury is bad. Bob Brown should be charged. After all, if he had not stirred the old dear up, & organised the trip, she would still be home in good health. You can't come charging into someone else's life & area, trying to destroy their life & prospects, without stirring some rather high emotions.

If it was my town I would not want to hurt the poor useful idiots. It would be Brown I'd be after. Surely destroying his own states economic prospects should be enough for him. The Tasmanians who can only keep the island afloat financially with billions of mainland dollars should pull their head in. They can't expect to destroy mainland enterprise & then continue to get the huge amount of cash they currently do.

Bob Brown go home you bludger.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:13:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Federally the adani project has been approved, and every facet of the environmental assessment has been accepted and the only obstacle to the project is the "re-evaluations" prompted by the State Labor party and the green activists, so much so that is becoming a soveign risk issue and poisoning any potential external investment. If this project was on the nose with the banks, the logical solution would be simply to approve the project and see it collapse, and as remediation needs to be bank guaranteed, the risk of the owners walking away from an environmental mess is nearly non existant.

The reason that many Australians are pissed off with left whinge labor and greenies is the huge cost to local communities, state and federal revenues and the global increase in pollution and GHG caused by China and India using the high ash/ low energy and high sulphur alternatives.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:17:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie and Shadow Minister,

I certainly hope that my gut feelings are wrong
about the Adani mine and that you guys prove to
be right.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:23:33 AM
One of my brothers has worked in the Australian petroleum industry for decades and has an in-depth knowledge of the overall resource industry. Ask him a question about a proposed venture: oil, gas, gas, solar etc and he will give you a master class on the science, economics, politics etc. He is never politically correct.

So what does he think of Adani? Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Totally unsurprised that no bank will finance it. Thinks government subsidy is foolish. That the number of jobs claimed is totally overstated. Basically, all the issues that Hasbeen thinks are lies.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/05/truth-adani-jobs/
This is an old site but indicates that the 10,000 job claim has been a political ploy; Adani itself was talking about a tenth as many, and boasting that the mine was going to be the 'most autonomous in the world'.

My view is that the risk to water is the most serious issue. The federal minister signed off on the mine in spite of uncertainty over water. Geoscience Australia's February report stated Adani's groundwater modelling for its mine was not fit for purpose. But the government's solution is to defer Adani rerunning the models until two years after mining commences. Right... And if it turns out Geoscience was right and the water-table is stuffed? The government will close down the mine? But lose all those jobs? Who needs water anyway....
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:38:23 AM
Hi there HASBEEN...

Mr. Robert (Bob) BROWN that cadaveric looking individual is one of the most disgusting, and vile human beings ever to have entered the federal Parliament, in my opinion. He has occasioned more harm to the Green movement than any other singular individual yet to espouse their green credentials.

Why he doesn't just settle down in retirement, in his idyllic( bush) home with his husband or wife, with his colossal pension, I'll never understand? To quote a well-used crim. term '...you're nothing but a 'thing' Mr. BROWN, for what you've done, and apparently, continue to do, to the Australian habitat!
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:39:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,
ALL thinking Australians would be with you on that one !
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 April 2019 12:01:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30