The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Go home Bob Brown.

Go home Bob Brown.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. 30
  10. All
I see Bob Brown & his mob of rich interfering southerners are getting the welcome they deserve up in coal country.

What a cheek for some Mexicans to come up here telling us what to do, & how to live. Fine for him with his big pension, but the locals, wanting jobs & their town to survive are not interested in his mob grandstanding with their anti coal rubbish.

I wonder how much help this mob will offer if the jobs dry up, the town dies, & the locals investment in homes & businesses become worthless.

The stupidity of these clowns would be funny, if it didn't have the prospect of destroying real peoples lives.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 27 April 2019 11:42:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

What if Adani turns out to be a dud?

Isn't it worthwhile looking into their history as
a company - and whether they deliver on their promises?
What if the promise of jobs for the locals turns out not
to be what was promised? What if they end up hiring
their own cheaper workers from overseas? What if they
as a company are not financially viable - and end up
going bust? What if they end up polluting the underground
water resources in the area - which are so essential?

The mine is in the Galilee Lake Basin an area full of
streams and other water resources - 176 K west of the
town of Clermont. Based on past information the government
was going to fund a rail from the mine to the coast and
a new port facility - so the taxpayers will be paying
for this. This entire project needs the scrutiny - and
questions do need answers - so don't blame the Greens
for doing their job.

Scientific reports have concluded that the mining will
pollute the underground water systems.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 11:03:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You been sold yet another put Foxy.

Just how many dogs, [grown pups] do you need running around your place, before you start to realise the rubbish you are falling for.

You can't "damage" the environment. You can change it for better or worse, but it will still be there. What some southerners want has no bearing on what should happen. It is not their lives & livelihood being effected. They have no rights here, other than the police protection they need. Hopefully the cops will get tired of them & go home, letting the residents of the area fix the problem.

Brown always was a grandstanding idiot, the type that southern cold tends to breed all too often. The world needs people like him like a hole in the head, or the pups his type sell to nice simple folk like you. Stop being taken for a fool, & stop supporting this rubbish.

Foxy if we don't dig up our coal & sell it overseas, & WA dig up it's iron ore & export it, there will be no foreign exchange available to buy all the stuff you use. No cars, no TV, not even a phone or hair drier. Hell you wouldn't even have clothes.

There is actually no free lunch in this world, & Asia will only send us the stuff you want in exchange for something they want. It is a pity you can't comprehend that your comfortable life style is totally dependant on Queensland coal & Western Australian iron ore. Without them we all would be doing a fair imitation of an aboriginal at first settlement.

I await the rush of useful idiots.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 28 April 2019 11:35:09 AM
The town should just not sell them any fuel for their cars to drive home after all, fuel is polluting !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 28 April 2019 12:12:09 PM
Not a fan but think he is playing for southern voters not the locals
In the end it will not be any of us who says if it will go ahead or not
Voters may have that say
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 28 April 2019 1:31:27 PM
I have to laugh when I see some of the election posters around town: they might as well say:

"End world poverty now !"

"Cure disease now !"

"Stop evil !"

"Fix this and that, if possible now, but by 5 pm tomorrow at the latest, or we'll be ever so cross !"

Bumper-sticker stuff. Incredibly virtuous, but with no follow-up. But gee, I'll bet whoever puts them up, feels real good.

Between Greens and PUP/whatever it's called now, one sees the same vapid slogans. Is it all a scam to get AEC funds ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 28 April 2019 1:40:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. 30
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy