The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Go home Bob Brown.

Go home Bob Brown.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. All
I see Bob Brown & his mob of rich interfering southerners are getting the welcome they deserve up in coal country.

What a cheek for some Mexicans to come up here telling us what to do, & how to live. Fine for him with his big pension, but the locals, wanting jobs & their town to survive are not interested in his mob grandstanding with their anti coal rubbish.

I wonder how much help this mob will offer if the jobs dry up, the town dies, & the locals investment in homes & businesses become worthless.

The stupidity of these clowns would be funny, if it didn't have the prospect of destroying real peoples lives.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 27 April 2019 11:42:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

What if Adani turns out to be a dud?

Isn't it worthwhile looking into their history as
a company - and whether they deliver on their promises?
What if the promise of jobs for the locals turns out not
to be what was promised? What if they end up hiring
their own cheaper workers from overseas? What if they
as a company are not financially viable - and end up
going bust? What if they end up polluting the underground
water resources in the area - which are so essential?

The mine is in the Galilee Lake Basin an area full of
streams and other water resources - 176 K west of the
town of Clermont. Based on past information the government
was going to fund a rail from the mine to the coast and
a new port facility - so the taxpayers will be paying
for this. This entire project needs the scrutiny - and
questions do need answers - so don't blame the Greens
for doing their job.

Scientific reports have concluded that the mining will
pollute the underground water systems.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 11:03:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You been sold yet another put Foxy.

Just how many dogs, [grown pups] do you need running around your place, before you start to realise the rubbish you are falling for.

You can't "damage" the environment. You can change it for better or worse, but it will still be there. What some southerners want has no bearing on what should happen. It is not their lives & livelihood being effected. They have no rights here, other than the police protection they need. Hopefully the cops will get tired of them & go home, letting the residents of the area fix the problem.

Brown always was a grandstanding idiot, the type that southern cold tends to breed all too often. The world needs people like him like a hole in the head, or the pups his type sell to nice simple folk like you. Stop being taken for a fool, & stop supporting this rubbish.

Foxy if we don't dig up our coal & sell it overseas, & WA dig up it's iron ore & export it, there will be no foreign exchange available to buy all the stuff you use. No cars, no TV, not even a phone or hair drier. Hell you wouldn't even have clothes.

There is actually no free lunch in this world, & Asia will only send us the stuff you want in exchange for something they want. It is a pity you can't comprehend that your comfortable life style is totally dependant on Queensland coal & Western Australian iron ore. Without them we all would be doing a fair imitation of an aboriginal at first settlement.

I await the rush of useful idiots.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 28 April 2019 11:35:09 AM
The town should just not sell them any fuel for their cars to drive home after all, fuel is polluting !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 28 April 2019 12:12:09 PM
Not a fan but think he is playing for southern voters not the locals
In the end it will not be any of us who says if it will go ahead or not
Voters may have that say
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 28 April 2019 1:31:27 PM
I have to laugh when I see some of the election posters around town: they might as well say:

"End world poverty now !"

"Cure disease now !"

"Stop evil !"

"Fix this and that, if possible now, but by 5 pm tomorrow at the latest, or we'll be ever so cross !"

Bumper-sticker stuff. Incredibly virtuous, but with no follow-up. But gee, I'll bet whoever puts them up, feels real good.

Between Greens and PUP/whatever it's called now, one sees the same vapid slogans. Is it all a scam to get AEC funds ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 28 April 2019 1:40:14 PM
I understand the 400 neo-communists were met by an opposing group of locals, and that businesses refused to serve Bonkers Brown and the Lunatics.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 28 April 2019 3:43:07 PM
Neo communists! fairdinkum you have to laugh how very very silly
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 28 April 2019 4:17:43 PM
Bumper-sticker stuff. Incredibly virtuous, but with no follow-up.
Loudmouth,
My guess is that 99% of them are Uni students & other non-contributors to society !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 28 April 2019 4:19:33 PM
Dear Hassie,

I'm merely questioning Adani - and will it deliver
what it's supposedly promising. It's reputation is
not good. There's so much on the web that's worth
looking at. Here's just one example:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/07/adani-coal-losses-promptmining-company-to-shift-from-imported-coal
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 4:22:22 PM
cont'd ...

Sorry for the typo - here's the link again:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/07/adani-coal-losses-prompt-mining-company-to-shift-from-imported-coal
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 4:26:43 PM
Dear Hassie,

We really need to ask - why if Adani's gigantic
Carmichael coal project is so on the nose for the
banks - why are the federal and Queensland governments
so avid in their support of it?

It's scary - the 4 Corners program - "Digging into
Adani" exposed the sheer-breadth of corruption
by this India energy conglomerate. And its power.
The TV crew were detained and questioned in an
Indian hotel for 5 hours by police.

There's more on the following link:

http://theconversation.com/why-are-we-still-pursuing-the-adani-carmichael-mine-85100
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 4:50:36 PM
Quote, "The town should just not sell them any fuel for their cars to drive home after all, fuel is polluting". Posted by individual

No No No individual, then the buggers would be in town for longer, contaminating every thing they touch. The town wants them gone.

Foxy if you stopped watching the ABC & reading the Guardian, you would be told a lot less lies, & be sold a lot less pups.

Adani may not be the nicest people on earth, but that is not the point. Quite a bit of the billion dollars developing the mine will stick to our workers fingers, & good jobs for 20 years won't go astray either. That doesn't count the royalties we will receive.

It was going to be 10 billion, but the greenies fixed that for us. Still a billion is not to be sneezed at. There are not many industries that can afford our overpaid workforce. We need these high paying jobs to help sustain the rest of the population. We have left ourselves with very few options, & this mine is one we need.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 28 April 2019 6:30:26 PM
Dear Hassie,

I hope that you're right regarding Adani and that
it doesn't prove to be a dud. I'm just suspicious
as to why we're still pursuing the Adani
Carmichael mine when it's on the nose with the banks.
And quite frankly the 4 Corners program was quite
horrific -- I wish that you would have seen it.

Anyway - I have my fingers crossed that Adani does
not do a "Clive Palmer" and declare bankruptcy
not pay the workers and run with the money. I hope
that I am proven wrong in this case - and that everything
goes well for all concerned.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 7:02:01 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock? Good I hope. Actually more than better I would imagine. You would of course seen the news that one of 'the locals' decided to take you at your word and stir things up a bit.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-28/horse-rider-arrested-after-adani-protester-injured-in-clermont/11052940

Now one of the protesters, a 63 year old woman is in hospital with suspected spinal injuries and a 45 year old is assisting police with their inquiries.

This news will no doubt have you all bloody cock and hoop. 'Serves them bloody right' you will thunder and you will gee up a few more to go crack a few heads, telling the police they should just be keeping out of it.

What an right old tosser you can be some times.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 28 April 2019 8:55:56 PM
SR, I think we all know who the tosser is.
Niceties aside, I can actually lean a little towards Foxy on this one, for reasons not even I can explain.
I have to agree that there is an air of mistrust with this project.
The environmental issue is not really an issue, but the risk of the miners 'cutting and running' is on the record, not so much the backers of the project but their race is historically one not to be taken at their word.
A well worn belief put about in Malaysia is, 'if you are in the jungle and confronted by a snake and an Indian, which do you kill first?
I will not answer it but a hint is, it's not the snake.
Indians are treated with negativity throughout the world, heck they are even shunned amongst themselves.
Anyway, Foxy has a point which many would not like to accept, but it is never-the-less part of the future of this project.
What I might add is that even if they bring in some of their own labour, and I don't doubt they will, with the slippery help of the govt, we will still benefit from it's creation and as it is being built and for as long as it is working.
If one day it fails, we at least got to earn some income off it while it was going.
On such matters I am forever the optimist, we need some good stories for a change and if it fails or not I say let it go ahead, we can benefit for as long as it is there, producing.
Right now we Aussies need all the help we can get.
As I have eluded to in the past, it almost seems as though there is a conspiracy to bring Australia down, for some reason.
Just go back and think how many large and international companies have closed their doors and factories, here in Australia.
No we need projects like this, so I say to the greens and other scabs, 'piss off' and spread your fertilizer elsewhere.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 28 April 2019 10:53:07 PM
The injury to a 62 year old woman protestor is very real
So too is the fact this mine, while wanted by those who will work and benefit from it in the area
Will play out very differently in the rest of Australia
Too Labor, if it has an opinion, will not say what it is, yet
The polls are tightening, anyone can win this election
That horse rider may well do more harm for his side than good
Such actions do put the focus back on the side they come from
Foxy, stay strong, remember the monkeys
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 April 2019 7:00:11 AM
remember the monkeys
Belly,
Yeah, it's funny how they gravitate to the land of the Peanut..
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 April 2019 7:50:12 AM
Foxy a mine can't go belly up while the stuff to mine is still valuable, only the company running the thing can fail. If Adani fail, another company will buy the assets & continue mining, with much less debt. Perhaps it could even end up in Ozzie hands. Perhaps the banks foresee this.

We used to hear the same greenie crap in the great Barrier Reef tourist industry. Every tine someone wanted to develop a resort somewhere the ratbags would be screaming. According to them it was always some get rich developer after a fast buck. These fools had no idea. The only fast buck in the Oz tourist industry are those going out, not coming in.

With almost every development you would see the debt to build the thing could not be managed, & a bankrupt sale would follow. Some times the buyer at half price of development would succeed, but rarely. It was usually only the third owner, who bought in at a quarter of building cost that would handle the still high debt.

Keith Williams made money out of Hamilton, but only by his personal building company, not the resort.

Yes personal injury is bad. Bob Brown should be charged. After all, if he had not stirred the old dear up, & organised the trip, she would still be home in good health. You can't come charging into someone else's life & area, trying to destroy their life & prospects, without stirring some rather high emotions.

If it was my town I would not want to hurt the poor useful idiots. It would be Brown I'd be after. Surely destroying his own states economic prospects should be enough for him. The Tasmanians who can only keep the island afloat financially with billions of mainland dollars should pull their head in. They can't expect to destroy mainland enterprise & then continue to get the huge amount of cash they currently do.

Bob Brown go home you bludger.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:13:35 AM
Foxy,

Federally the adani project has been approved, and every facet of the environmental assessment has been accepted and the only obstacle to the project is the "re-evaluations" prompted by the State Labor party and the green activists, so much so that is becoming a soveign risk issue and poisoning any potential external investment. If this project was on the nose with the banks, the logical solution would be simply to approve the project and see it collapse, and as remediation needs to be bank guaranteed, the risk of the owners walking away from an environmental mess is nearly non existant.

The reason that many Australians are pissed off with left whinge labor and greenies is the huge cost to local communities, state and federal revenues and the global increase in pollution and GHG caused by China and India using the high ash/ low energy and high sulphur alternatives.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:17:58 AM
Dear Hassie and Shadow Minister,

I certainly hope that my gut feelings are wrong
about the Adani mine and that you guys prove to
be right.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:23:33 AM
One of my brothers has worked in the Australian petroleum industry for decades and has an in-depth knowledge of the overall resource industry. Ask him a question about a proposed venture: oil, gas, gas, solar etc and he will give you a master class on the science, economics, politics etc. He is never politically correct.

So what does he think of Adani? Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Totally unsurprised that no bank will finance it. Thinks government subsidy is foolish. That the number of jobs claimed is totally overstated. Basically, all the issues that Hasbeen thinks are lies.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/05/truth-adani-jobs/
This is an old site but indicates that the 10,000 job claim has been a political ploy; Adani itself was talking about a tenth as many, and boasting that the mine was going to be the 'most autonomous in the world'.

My view is that the risk to water is the most serious issue. The federal minister signed off on the mine in spite of uncertainty over water. Geoscience Australia's February report stated Adani's groundwater modelling for its mine was not fit for purpose. But the government's solution is to defer Adani rerunning the models until two years after mining commences. Right... And if it turns out Geoscience was right and the water-table is stuffed? The government will close down the mine? But lose all those jobs? Who needs water anyway....
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:38:23 AM
Hi there HASBEEN...

Mr. Robert (Bob) BROWN that cadaveric looking individual is one of the most disgusting, and vile human beings ever to have entered the federal Parliament, in my opinion. He has occasioned more harm to the Green movement than any other singular individual yet to espouse their green credentials.

Why he doesn't just settle down in retirement, in his idyllic( bush) home with his husband or wife, with his colossal pension, I'll never understand? To quote a well-used crim. term '...you're nothing but a 'thing' Mr. BROWN, for what you've done, and apparently, continue to do, to the Australian habitat!
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 29 April 2019 11:39:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,
ALL thinking Australians would be with you on that one !
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 April 2019 12:01:25 PM
individual,
All thinking Australians will be against you on that one! The thinkers make up their own minds rather than going with the hype.

o sung wu,
I couldn't care less about the way Bob Brown looks, but I do understand that some things are more important than money. Bob Brown cares about the environment. That much is clear. Even if you think his stance is counterproductive, he doesn't, and he's prepared to stand up for what he believes in. And it's idiotic to disrespect him for that.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 29 April 2019 12:35:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung wu, I'm disappointed in you. Whatever you think of the Greens politically, I'm surprised that you attack someone personally and call them evil because you are disgusted by their appearance (or their choice of partner? or the fact that ex-pollies get big pensions?) On what grounds do you believe Brown has "occasioned more harm to the Green movement than any other singular individual yet to espouse their green credentials"?

It is abusive comments like this that put me off the Forum. But I don't remember you regularly participating in such behaviour before. Maybe you've been reading comments here for too long and have been infected.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 29 April 2019 12:40:25 PM
Greens do not do well in Queensland, however even with their current problems may do well in this election
The rest of Australia, often, rewards them because of climate change
Let us face it, in my view they just take Labor votes
And along with every minor party, give me at least evidence why the chook pen, sentate, is a barrier to democracy
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 April 2019 1:02:32 PM
Dear Cossomby,

Welcome back. I've missed your postings.

Thank You for your brother's knowledge about Adani.
It's confirmed what I've felt all along based on the
research that I've done.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 April 2019 1:14:19 PM
Hi there AIDAN & COSSOMBY...

I'm sorry if I've employed language apropos Dr. Robert (Bob) BROWN that upsets the two of you. However, with respect to you both, I cannot abandon one mm. from my personal opinion of DR. BROWN. For reason(s) I can't elaborate on this Site. I would respectfully ask - please respect my position on this matter, and do not press me any further.

Hi there COSSOMBY...

From the outset, I've been very much a supporter of the Green movement and still am to a certain extent. As a fierce devotee of our natural environment. When I first joined OLO, I advised; PAUL1405, of my own Green ideology. The problems began, with the advent of them leaving their fundamental (green) doctrine, and breaking out into everyday politics, like Defence, Health or Finance et al., that's when they lost me completely. Especially when they adopted the veritable Ms. Sarah HANSEN-YOUNG as one of their primary spokespeople?

Hi there AIDAN...

Indeed my thinking may be idiotic but hasn't the good Dr. BROWN left politics? What has he become now, a demonstrator, a rabble-rouser? I'm sure you'd agree, the best way to ensure the preservation of our natural habitat is to do something that's non-confrontational, and in so doing winning over more hearts and minds with positive actions, rather than stirring up trouble.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 29 April 2019 1:54:18 PM
Ya gotta laugh. What are these Greenies going to do now.

The Locals won't serve them in the shops, The Servo won't serve them. The only accommodation they have is the Show grounds. & now they are cut of from leaving because of the rising flood waters.

I guess they'll just have to use their Greenie Power to survive.

By the way. The woman that got hit by the gate threw the gate closed at the horse & rider were leaving the Area. So the Gate bounced back off the horse & hit her. Ha, ha, ha. Everyone knows, in the bush, you never stand behind a gate when there are animals close to it. Ha, ha, ha.... No sympathy.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 29 April 2019 2:58:08 PM
"Bob Brown cares about the environment."

Bob Brown cares about Bob Brown, power, world government, and turning Australia back to pre-industrial days. There is no person less deserving of 'respect' than Bob Brown.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 April 2019 3:57:28 PM
IF our posts appeared in say the national news papers it is my view the green vote would rise two percent
We let our personal views take us in to an unrealistic world
I see the green as my parties enemy, no less than deal or no deal Palmer is to the Liberals
This game is called politics, brand rightly or wrongly, anyone as the greens have been here and know it is not going to be the view of many
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 April 2019 4:12:01 PM
What a blast from the past, here we are in the year 1919 (not a typo, I just don't want to shock the forums pair of Rip Van Winkles) and Hassy and Indy are, true to form, carrying on like the Joh (Bjelke-Petersen) and Russ (Hinze) show on another lame duck of a project that wont fly.... called Adani. Like Old Joh, Hassy seems to take offence at people protesting. According to Hassy in true Old Joh style, "what a cheek" they have "to come up here telling us what to do, & how to live". News boys, in the democratic society that we are privileged to live in, peaceful protest is a right and not something members of the hard right like yourselves should be bellyaching about.

What is disgusting to me was the actions of an Adani supporter in using a horse, in true Captain De Groot style, to run down a defenceless 62 year old woman protester, shocking! I don't see the forums 'Usual Suspects' baying for his blood as they would be if this renegade Wild Bill Hickok was on the other side of the issue.

As for the approval of Adani given by the Minister Melissa Price during the final death throes of the pathetic Morrison government, that will need to be reviewed by the incoming Labor Government as to what unethical pressure was applied by the bully boys of the LNP to force the Minister to grant approval of sorts, as she was busy packing up her ministerial office which is to be seen no more by the dear girl.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 29 April 2019 4:29:33 PM
Aidan,
Obviously you don't realise that I was talking about people who think with common sense !
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 April 2019 5:37:26 PM
Paul, you sad, sad example of whatever it is you represent.
You wonder why I call people by their descriptive names, now if I were to call you a moron, it would be for a reason and not for personal gain.
You are the one with emotional issues who unjustifiably and without provocation, have come 'riding' back into OLO on your high horse with your traditional brand of bull.
If you would be so kind as to check out Jayb's comments on page 5, you will find you have once more reacted emotionally and not pragmatically.
Had you engaged your brain before your mouth, you would see that, right or wrong, there is Jayb's comment which clearly demonstrates how fools operate, and as I have pointed out previously, age is no barrier to stupidity, I believe you can better comment on that fact.
Karma is a wonderful thing.
I had felt sorry for this maggot, but if what Jayb says is correct, I am now pleased and therefore find that she deserves what she got more so because it was self inflicted.
I now shift my concern to the horse, and hope it did not suffer because of the gutless and vial act of cowardice she set upon it.
So, in keeping on topic and how things are expected to play out on OLO, instead of showing us your 'bad' side, how about you practice a little of what you preach to me and others, and prove Jayb wrong, in doing so you can vindicate yourself and get yourself back in the 'cred' books.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 29 April 2019 7:32:07 PM
From what I'm reading elsewhere Jayb's post is correct and the woman deliberately attacked the horseman with the gate, that it rebounded and hit her is her own fault; I wish her a speedy recovery and retention of the lesson.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 29 April 2019 8:17:57 PM
G'day o sung wu,

"I'm sorry if I've employed language apropos Dr. Robert (Bob) BROWN that upsets the two of you".

Just a small point, mate, 'Robert' is usually reserved for Robert Brown of the SF&F Party and 'Bob' for Bob Brown of the Greens, neither of whom wish to be confused with the other, and certainly not Robert Brown's wife and children.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 29 April 2019 8:29:04 PM
What a load of rubbish! This irresponsible nincompoop rode a horse at at a fast gallop into a yard occupied by a number of old people and children, alone with others. Such reckless behaviour seen one person seriously injured. Fortunately this pathetic behaviour did not lead to serious injury, or worse, to a child or some other innocent persons. Glad to say the boofheaded clown Clinton McDonald has been
charged. "McDonald was charged with "dangerous operation of a vehicle [namely a horse] causing grievous bodily harm", common assault, trespass and obstructing police."

"He cried in the dock when he appeared in the Mackay Magistrates Court today". What a big tough wozzy, a yahoo who runs down a poor defenceless elderly lady, but cries in court!

You are the law and order brigade, what do you suggest for this fool? Two years with hard labour.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-29/horse-rider-charged-after-anti-adani-protester-injured/11052594
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 29 April 2019 9:01:44 PM
The video seems to indicate that some people moved towards the horse rider; and the footage does not show any contact between human and beast.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 April 2019 10:18:05 PM
All you bleeding hearts are wasting everybody's time trying to lay blame on the 'idiot' on the horse.
The act was as a result of the stupid maggot attempting to control the horse by trying to shut the gate on it, egged on by the other stupid morons to 'shut the gate, quick, shut the gate'.
You can hear the gate being hit by the horse, it was no different than someone jumping out in front of a moving vehicle, stupid.
In fact it is much worse.
In a car the driver is in control, with a horse the rider only has tacit control.
The horse has the final word or say.
So Paul, shut it, you can spin it any way you want, but I and others with a full brain can see it for what it is.
Had she left the gate or just let the idiot do his little 'show', nothing would have happened, but no, they wanted to get attention for their cause? well they got it.
I would be upset too if someone jumped in front of me, whilst I was either riding a horse or driving a car.
So no points to the old girl, she just caused herself and the horseman a lot of grief and pain for no good reason.
As for the guy on the horse getting charged, I think someone is jumping ahead of themselves to try to throw GBH in the mix.
BH at best, for it to be GBH, the injury/s would have to be life threatening, so that if not attended to by a medical professional, the person 'will' die.
Remember, either she or one of the others are the guilty parties, they 'loaded the gun and aimed it', the horse was set up to pull the trigger, without his knowledge or consent.
So this little farce can go down on the record as 'self inflicted injury caused by mis-adventure', end of.
Even a judge with half a brain, or a modicum of common sense and reason, will see there is no case to answer to.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 12:06:07 AM
Applying your perverted logic, the next time another nutter mows down pedestrians on a footpath with a car, we'll blame the pedestrians for failing to get out of the road. Amazing!

Fortune would have it that the neo-communist Queensland Police arrested the "innocent" would be postilion, and rightly threw the book at the fool. Good work Queensland Police.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 7:18:29 AM
Paul it is clear some will not let truth get in the way of their biases
Remember that egg? we, at least I said the kid was a lard head
And the fool who assaulted Abbott
Selective opinion is worse than no opinion
NOTE the lecture to any one with a different opinion? Monty Python like
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 7:31:52 AM
From Paul's link,

"The prosecution requested the defendant not be allowed to directly or indirectly make contact with the 61-year-old victim or any other stop-Adani protesters, including through social media.

Magistrate Athol Kennedy warned Mr McDonald not to answer any messages from unknown people on social media as stop-Adani protesters may try to bait him into contacting them and breaching bail."

Does this tell us anything?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 7:37:27 AM
After the fact I do believe that the bloke on the Horse was foolish in doing what he did & galloping that horse around a crowd as he did.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 7:54:37 AM
Listen you pair of old and biased farts, you know the truth and the facts, it is you who do not want to accept them because it doesn't help your ideologies or convictions.
The example you give is in no way related to this situation and you know it.
You're clutching at straws.
Paul, you convoluted, argumentative twat, 'mowing down' innocent people with a car, has no comparison to what these idiots are guilty of.
The guy on the horse did his little 'jig' with no intention of physical injuries to anyone.
Unlike the guy in 'your' car example.
The horse guy broke down in court because what happened is precisely what he did 'not' want to happen.
The idiots egging her, and others, on, to shut the gate, are to blame for all this.
She got precisely what she deserved, he didn't.
If he had set out to harm anyone, I'd be the first one to say, 'throw the book at him', but trust you marshmallow brained twats to 'try one on', even though you know you're wrong.
Shame on you, disgraceful.
This is precisely what I have been saying about the left, you will deny the truth in favour of a fiction which helps your agenda.
The only problem with that scenario is, when you get caught out lying, you lose any ground you thought you'd gained, and in fact set yourselves even further back than where you started.
The word pathetic comes to mind.
Just so we are clear, and people understand where your coming from, you want us to believe that a fanatical, 'nut job', with premeditation, and full conviction, with a 'must kill as many people as possible' agenda, in a car, is anywhere near the same as a guy on a horse, setting out to do, God knows what, but absolutely not intending to injure anyone, (obvious by the stark reality of what resulted by the actions of these mongrels, 'protesting', and breaking down in court, thereby involuntarily, expressing extreme remorse)is anywhere near the same as each other, or even related in any way.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 8:34:16 AM
Issy, Please humour me, I don't get your point or question.
What do you mean by, 'does this tell us anything'?
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 8:38:47 AM
From the video it is evident that the horseman was in full control of the horse and that the horse was very well trained, witness the turn before he went out the gate.

He was not near people until they started to run towards him and note that the gate is wide open when he arrives but is partly shut when he leaves.

What reason was there to shut the gate?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 8:45:02 AM
not near people until they started to run towards him
isMise,
Sounds like the opportunistic maggots saw an opportunity to escalate a harmless situation by deliberately getting into harm's way.
I'm not saying it was like that (I wasn't there & I can't believe the Media) but I would be more surprised if it wasn't deliberate !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 8:57:19 AM
Issy, EXACTLY, I spotted the same details.
The person suggesting to 'open' the gate, was firstly calling out to 'get the gate', but the gate was already open, and really meant to say, 'shut the gate' and apparently was of the same mind as everyone else in there, looking forward to stopping the horse.
And then what?
Had THEY left well enough alone, he would have left as he fully intended to, and nothing would have happened.
But for the fact this 'breed' of people are so scattered in their thinking, they have no idea why they even exist.
What should be considered is taking children along to such events, as we know that no good ever comes from these events.
It's a matter of record.
They are the ones who should be charged, if only for 'endangering a childs life' or putting a child in a potentially harmful environment/situation.
There you bleeding hearts want something to carry on about?
I've just given you one so go and focus on these child endangerment issues and leave industry and others to do their 'thing'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:06:32 AM
For the benefit of the thoroughly thick, I repeat: there is no evidence - on the video presented here - that there was any contact between the horse and the woman. The view of the exit of the horse was blocked by two women. At the very end of the video, a person can be seen lying on the ground. Apart from claims by Green Gangsters, that's it. Nobody who wasn't there knows what happened, apart from the fact that there wasn't a decent mobile video operator among them. And, the only witnesses were Greens, not know as particularly truthful people.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:11:01 AM
ttbn. Hear, hear.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:17:28 AM
More important than whether or not an idiot Green activist ran into a horse is the fact that she and other Fifth Columnists are trying to undermine Australia's prosperity.

Coal is the nation’s most valuable export, this (2018) year worth around $67 billion.

Australian mining companies paid more than $30 billion in company tax and royalties in the last year, equivalent to all federal government spending on education.

This income helps pay for welfare for these feral, neo-communists, among many other things they are quite happy to take from a society they hate.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:46:03 AM
ALTRAV,

The Magistrate seemed to sum up the ethics of the protestors rather well.
"... as stop-Adani protesters may try to bait him into contacting them and breaching bail."
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:59:14 AM
You lot are unbelievable.

Some kid taps an egg on a far rightwing nutters scone and you want jail time but when some galah rides at speed through a camping area populated with kids and others and ends up inflicting suspected spinal injuries on a woman you make every excuse under the sun.

The idiot was apparently in tears in the court hopefully rightly mortified by what he had done yet you lot heap the blame on the injured woman.

What have you become?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:18:10 AM
What have you become?
Steele Redux,
What have you become ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:25:23 AM
Paul,

I think you should be pleased that the horseman got the standard slap on the wrist reserved for protesters in a warning from the magistrate.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:45:18 AM
Steelie: when some galah rides at speed through a camping area populated with kids and others.

Yeah, but they were only Greens. I would hardly describe them as being intelligent people. One down from hanging in trees is more like it.

SM: I think you should be pleased that the horseman got the standard slap on the wrist reserved for protesters in a warning from the magistrate.

Yes, I think the Magistrate is right on the ball. He doesn't seem to, as most other people, have much of an opinion of the greens.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:57:32 AM
"You lot are unbelievable", squeals SteeleRedux. He then goes on to compare Egg Boy's attack on Fraser Anning - clearly seen on TV - with an 'alleged' incident NOT seen at all on the presented video.

So, who is really "unbelievable" - and thoroughly thick!
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:59:20 AM
"What have you become?"

Realists.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 11:49:53 AM
Let's compare the two incidents.
The smart arse attention grabbing kid got (unfortunately) less than he deserved, for a pre-meditated act of self interest, trying to get posted on you tube, and paid for it. (Karma)
The stupid old maggot, got 'more' than she bargained for when she engaged in a spontaneous act of stupidity by running out into the path of a galloping horse, thinking she was so smart as to stop a half tonne mass approaching at speed, by being on the other side of the gate.
And she too paid for it. (Karma)
These people have never experienced the 'real' world and that is why they keep stuffing up, and being gutless little children, they always try to lay blame on someone else.
This is why the left are branded with the message of 'grow up'.
I still can't believe it, anyone who has handled, any gate, can tell you, firstly don't stand immediately behind it if there is, or there is the chance, of something approaching.
The same people would know the consequences of doing exactly what she did.
I have no qualms with the 'idiot' on the horse, he was just, 'HORSING AROUND', hahaha.
But I do feel for the horse, he is the only 'innocent' victim here and did not need to be attacked by a steel gate.
The rider is also innocent of any wrong doing.
The twats who were there made it out to be more than it was.
If I were them, I would slide quietly back into oblivion, because on even the most basic scrutiny, we find that they are at fault for even being there.
So as is reckognised by law, if you should not, therefore would not, have been there, then nothing would have occurred.
Issy, thanks for the clarification.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 11:52:23 AM
Hi, there IS MISE...

I'm sorry for the confusion, with the various Robert's and Bob's et al. Another unwanted 'hangover' from work I'm afraid. Where we always called a POI, by their full (known) name. Incidentally, I hope ANZAC Day was all you wished for, IS MISE? Cheers...Sung Wu.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 12:49:18 PM
Hi, o sung wu,

Had a great Anzac Day, went to Sydney this year to see some old mates, went to the Dawn Service and as I posted elsewhere met a couple of Sikh veterans and had a good yarn to them.
Hope yours went well also.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 12:58:02 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

Ho hum.

Of course you would use the word maggot again. Anywhere there is a non-compliant woman gets that label from you. It is tired and repetitive and naturally speak volumes about your base nature.

To the rest of you misanthropes your attitude gives licence to any action against protesters. I can just imagine Chinese versions of the sad lot of you sitting around expressing the same lack of sympathy for those killed, injured, and tortured during the Tienanmen Square massacres.

Nothing really separates you does it.

Citizens peacefully protesting deserve protection and should receive it in any civilised country. Freedom to protest is part of who we are. It is un-Australian to try and strip that right away be condoning or even celebrating violence toward peaceful protesters.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 1:07:07 PM
Steele,

You're right, everyone should be free to try to close a gate on a running horse, even city people who only ever seen one from a distance.

One problem with freedoms though, is that they may have unforeseen consequences.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 1:48:03 PM
Here's a man who rides his horse into a peaceful
demonstration and a concert of live music. The
man is obviously hell-bent on causing a disruption -
he gallops his horse full-pelt around the stage
and around the
field waving his hat in the air. His galloping horse
knocks over a woman as the rider tried to flee
then rides off into nearby bushland while the lady
is left lying on the ground seriously injured -
and is taken to hospital.

Yet , some men here are blaming the lady?
OMG!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 2:22:28 PM
Thank you Steele and Foxy for your usual level headed contributions to a subject. Unfortunately even you most intelligent of folks cannot enlighten the forums collection of grumpy old men, I'm sure there is more than one Steve Dicko Dickson voter among them.

I am convinced they are adding something to the drinking water at the Forums retirement village which is having a somewhat thought disturbing, mind numbing effect on the forums far right mob of geriatrics. The lads just can't comprehend the facts of the matter.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 2:48:37 PM
Want to highlight, the usual suspects have made it know here they intend to vote for Anning
Or Palmer, even the mad hatters tea party known as one nation
A thread has started thrashing Morrison, for his views on migration
Just want to say thanks
SUCH ALL OVER THE PLACE VOTING CAN ONLY HELP LABOR
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 4:01:19 PM
Who closed the gate and why?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 4:57:24 PM
SR, returning serve in your language so you and your compatriots can take your time and understand what is written, because I know that you three stooges are happy living in denial.
One is off with the fairies.
The other two are still looking for their glasses, as it appears they have trouble with the truth and how to interpret it.
It stands to reason then that they are not reading the facts correctly, so some glasses might be called for.
SR, any and all non compliant females will only get called maggots, when they step 'beyond the pale'.
I will always refer to a person, male or female, with a derogatory name if they have demonstrated a reasonable amount of arrogance and intolerance towards anything or anyone.
As for trying to virtue shame me, HAH, don't bother, I am quite happy with myself and my convictions.
It is you lot who are insecure, and in being so you seek affirmation and counselling to make up for your lack of confidence and over active insecurities.
When I call someone a derogatory name it's because they earned it all by themselves through some act of stupidity or the like.
When you guys attempt the same, you demonstrate a lack of further arguments challenging the statements and go into deflection mode,or name calling.
The morons are not wanted there, or anywhere else, for that matter, so you can take your 'peaceful protest' and shove it.
You completely ignore the fact that by them just being there, they were effectively inciting violence.
Using the word 'peaceful' in front of the word protest, is supposed to do what?
make them invisible.
Haven't you heard of the phrase, 'In Your Face'.
That's what these stupid gatherings are all about, well guess what?
That is the same as intimidation.
So you call it what you want, but if a pro-adani group walked in there trying to preech their particular brand of bull, it would have been on for young and old.
And it would have been your sick lot who would have started it
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 5:24:10 PM
Foxy: His galloping horse knocks over a woman
What part of, "The woman pushed the gate onto the rider as he was going through it," Didn't you get?.

Foxy: as the rider tried to flee.

No. He had finished his run & was leaving the Arena through the gate he rode in on. He wasn't Fleeing.

Talk about trying desperately to put a different spin of the incident. I suppose you would say Hitler, Stalin, & Pol Pot were exercising Over-population Control & were really nice blokes.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 6:02:05 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

Oh don't worry young fella, I am under no illusion that you are about to change your ways. The views that you hold have come from a deep seated hatred of even slightly assertive women held for what must be nearly your entire life. It would take some miracle for them to ever be displaced. I flag them because you and others need to be continually reminded they are not normal but a product of a sick and potentially dangerous mindset.

Not dangerous to males though, since the gutless choose what they perceive to be weaker targets as you have done.

It is statements like this which always show your true colours;

“So you call it what you want, but if a pro-adani group walked in there trying to preech(sic) their particular brand of bull, it would have been on for young and old.”

Yeah right.

Dear Loudmouth,

You wrote;

“You're right, everyone should be free to try to close a gate on a running horse, even city people who only ever seen one from a distance.”

That in no way resemble what happened.

Have a look at this video mate;

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/man-charged-after-woman-allegedly-hit-with-galloping-horse-at-antiadani-protests/news-story/eb5a98e4d1169aa29e310b494c813dd7

You will see the rider galloping his horse parallel to the fence with the gate in it and only at the last moment does he pull the horse up nearly putting it on its haunches, then does a sharp left crashing through the gate and the woman.

How on earth is this the woman's fault and not the rider's? The police, the judge and the man himself accept that it was his fault but somehow you and your fellow travelers are yet again calling black white.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 6:43:14 PM
Whoever closed the gate is at fault, had the gate been left open this would not have happened.

Why were people clustered at the gate?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 8:29:09 PM
Dear Is Mise,

Just bloody listen to yourself mate. What you are basically saying is that the rider was such a mindless automaton that it didn't matter what the circumstance he was going to pull a hard left and crash through that gate regardless if there were children or anyone in the road. Therefore anyone who got in his path was at fault.

Now I don't know what the lady had in mind when she went to close the gate. Was it to prevent others entering and endangering lives in the same manner? Possibly. Or was it to contain the idiot for the police to deal with?

But one thing is pretty clear, when the tosser saw the gate being closed he likely panicked. His speed and direction on that last gallop obviously had him thinking of continuing his 'jaunt' but then seeing the gate being closed he quickly became scared as most of these cowards do and violently changed direction before crashing through the gate and injuring the woman. All he cared about was bolting and not facing the consequences of his actions. I think he should have been charged with leaving the scene of an accident. Most people with any semblance of decency and humanity would have stopped and checked on the condition of the person they had knocked so violently to the ground. But not him. He just intent on scarpering.

This is the kind of person you want to not only defend but champion. How utterly sad and pathetic is that.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 9:52:23 PM
Steele Redux,
are you that overweight sheilah that was complaining about her cost for electricity on Insight this evening ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:02:13 PM
Dear individual,

Why do you even bother mate. Little irrelevant one liners is about all you can come up with nowadays. They use to be occasionally a little pithy but even that seems to have escaped you.

Why don't you have a break and come back and contribute more fully after a rest.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 30 April 2019 10:11:30 PM
Steele Redux,
You have to agree that you sound just like her, what else is one to assume ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 12:20:19 AM
SR, cut the BS, and stop carrying on as though your opinions matter.
If you were prepared to discuss an event quoting facts and with reason and common sense, you might be taken seriously, but as it is you are talking sh!t.
Go back and have a 'mummy look' at the videos, and even though the crucial moment is not clear in visuals, the audio tells a different story.
Smart arses, the lot of em' trying to play God and box this guy in.
He was already committed and aiming for the exit, you have NO idea or the slightest clue about what happened other than the stupid ole' maggot made a knee jerk decision, spurred on by these other maggots, and the obvious result ensued.
BTW, stop telling people what they are or aren't.
You have yet to work out how to speak the truth, without inserting your version of the truth.
And as for my perception of women, I have a far better understanding of them than you ever will.
Stop your foolish and unprovoked personal attacks, I and OLO'ens are sick and tired of you and your clown mates dragging us off topic to respond to your continual deflections, in the form of personal attacks.
As I have said before,if you find you cannot answer or challenge a comment, just say nothing, instead of going into a barrage of abuse and personal attacks, and that's if you don't show your gutless side and deflect, because you have no answers.
BTW, maggots, are not acknowledged, because they have a habit of conducting themselves in a manner unbecoming a woman.
To stick it one more time, not caring what you think, because we know which side you barrack for.
The guy on the horse is free from blame, the ole' girl and her maggot mates are the guilty parties.
She put herself in harms way, or is she and the others that stupid that they think they can take on a half tonne horse.
Stop dragging us off topic with your arrogance and name calling, or risk being reported.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 12:32:24 AM
S R hows it feel? being pounded by some one with the intellect of a long dead sea sponge
Indy, mate! one liners an art is needed and bloke you do not have that skill
Insulting those who think differently than you is just a sport for the lessor of us
Hate, like Brown is hated here, is no going to change a thing
This mine even if in my view it never should, will go ahead no matter who wins the election
Growth and employment, still wins out over planet and a population growing too fast
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 6:34:20 AM
Steele,

"Just bloody listen to yourself [deleted]. What you are basically saying is that the rider was such a mindless automaton that it didn't matter what the circumstance he was going to pull a hard left and crash through that gate regardless if there were children or anyone in the road. Therefore anyone who got in his path was at fault"

What I am saying is that those who decided to close the gate and put themselves in harm's way were at fault and if they took children with them then they are even more stupid than I thought.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:38:35 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Mate, so not a single peep out of you regarding your thoughts on whether the clown was a mindless automaton therefore we shall take that as a given.

Of course there was no stupidity attributed by yourself to this idiot who violently altered course to crash through a gate with someone clearly behind it.

This was fully justified in your book is it?

The police and courts found his conduct reckless and endangering lives. You because of your simplistic and base ideology have instead determined the fault to be all hers.

Mate, you are an outlier so caught up in your version of the world that basic facts and truths mean little.

You and others have applauded the fact that this woman was injured by an act of gross irresponsibility by some coward attempting to intimidate a peaceful demonstration.

Mate, you really need to have a good look at yourself.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:54:09 AM
S R hows it feel?
Belly,
You even have to ask ? That's a new record ! One liners eh ?
Well, at times they're warranted, especially in rhetoric eminating from you & SR et al.
Whenever I or others put a question to you lot you remain stumm ! So, I ask you, what'd be the point of asking more questions when it is there for all to see that you have no answers or propose solutions. You reap as you sow !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 9:21:11 AM
Dear individual,

Now don't go all sulky on us.

This is the level of your questions;

"are you that overweight sheilah that was complaining about her cost for electricity on Insight this evening ?"

And you are getting ticked off that you aren't getting answers?

Well try one relevant to the discussion and I will answer it to the best of my abilities.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 9:27:45 AM
Steele,

Here's a definition of 'mate',
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mate

kindly consider it in future posts.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 9:49:32 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Mate, did you really just provide a link to an American dictionary for a definition of the word mate? I had assumed you were Australian born but perhaps not. We older Aussies are mostly of British origin here mate, and most of us used the trusty Australian version of the Collins dictionary growing up.

Your Websters give the definition as;

1) associate, companion 
2) an assistant to a more skilled worker
3) friend, buddy

Buddy? God save us. Really? Well we ain't buddies, that's for sure. Although number two “an assistant to a more skilled worker” has a certain ring to it. I suppose you could be my mate in that sense.

The Collins versions are here;

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/mate

1. You can refer to someone's friends as their mates, especially when you are talking about a man and his male friends.

2. Some men use mate as a way of addressing other men when they are talking to them.

3. Someone's wife, husband, or sexual partner can be referred to as their mate.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/mate

But these don't really do justice to the various nuanced way we use the word in this country. This site might help.

http://australiancultureandcustoms.com/2013/02/14/the-many-meanings-of-mate/

My use of mate with you is primarily covered by version 15 but 8 and 17 have relevance too.

We are probably unique in this country with the amount of hostility we can engender in using the word when the occasion calls for it. An example is “Pull your bloody head in mate!”

Some foreigners get it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephanieanderson/maaaaaate

So mate, as far as I'm concerned you can shove your Yank definition where the sun doesn't shine and no I won't be considering it in future posts.

But nice diversion from your mate the clown on the horse, I wonder if he has dried his eyes yet. One thing is for sure, he isn't lying in a hospital bed receiving treatment for suspected spinal injuries.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 11:25:51 AM
Well, there I was yesterday arvo dropping 10Kg lumps of concrete off the overhead footbridge down at the highway, aiming at cars below. My protest at these supporting gas guzzling automobiles! Most car drivers were doing the responsible thing and swerving to avoid my missiles. Then without warning this totally irresponsible 61 year old sheila driver ran head long into my 10kg rock doing 100 km/h, how stupid of her I thought, didn't she know I had no control over my large fast moving rock after it left my hands. The neo-communist cops arrived and arrested me, I assume for littering the highway. Off to court to front Judge Issy, I explained to his holiness the judge that once the missile left my hands I had no control, unlike the car drive who should have done the responsible thing and avoid my projectile. Judge Issy totally agreed with my defence, blamed the maggot of a car driver, now down occupying a free slab at the morgue...disgusting behaviour don't you agree?

Judge Issy said she don't deserve it, but he'll send flowers to show what a good bunch we all are and no hard feelings.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 1:05:13 PM
I believe the reason that the horseman only got a slap on the wrist is because the woman was amongst a group actively trying to exclude the horseman from the enclosure, was knocked over by the gate in doing so and thus was not simply an innocent bystander.

While the actions of the horseman are far from laudable, they were nowhere near as bad as originally painted.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 1:07:19 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

The rider rode in to cause havoc and disruption.
And as a result a woman was injured. He is to
blame - and making excuses for him simply
does not wash. His actions caused the consequences
that ensued.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 2:57:50 PM
Foxy, has come to the woman's defense, and the only reason ANYONE would do that, is if they were complicit, in the matter.
It amazes me that all these do-gooders come out bleating in defense of the indefensible, and that they are never in the wrong.
Foxy, I accept your apology for doubting me when I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation, considering I was not there, but merely used logic and common sense to arrive at the same conclusion the judge did.
Foxy, if your going to try to falsely accuse someone of something, here's a hint; firstly re-arrange the facts/truth to suite your desired out come or agenda.
If you can't do that, then there is the other option, you and your running mates, I believe should consider; just say nothing.
I want to make sure those on OLO who continually push the annoying do-gooder mantra, just stop it.
I for one am sick of having to try to correct you people and your incessant saintlike, childlike, unrealistic attitude and beliefs.
As I said all along; the fact that he rode a horse, in a horse paddock, (well clear of everyone, except the idiots who decided to run at the horse to try to corral it, running the risk of panicking it and then causing some real injuries, to someone) being illegally occupied by a bunch of tree hugging ignorant children with no clues about the real world, then decide they would take matters into their own hands, and the obvious happened.
Now did I get it right, or do people still see shadows at night and spirits still talk to you when your alone.
Those of you who continually denigrate and berate me, you are all of the same ilk, you refuse to see the truth for whatever the reason.
That makes you mentally and emotionally challenged.
Now that I am beginning to see the signs, I am going to have to remind myself to ease up on you, so I begin by offering my most sincere apologies.
Onward and upward, once more unto the breach dear friends.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 6:48:14 PM
Steele,

You're making progress; halfway through 'Psychology For Beginners' are you?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 6:49:44 PM
The protesters drove in to cause havoc & disruption & it's back-firing as anyone with an ounce of sense could fore-tell !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 6:57:27 PM
Paul, how many times do you have to be told.
'It is far better to keep ones mouth shut, and be thought of a fool, than to open it, and have it confirmed'.
Apart from the fact you've wondered off into another of your imaginary LA LA lands.
You are so way off topic that you've actually, finally, fallen off the edge of the 'real' world into some far away distant cavern, in your mind.
But don't panic the men in white coats are on the way, and they will find a nice padded room for you to keep on trying to convince those imaginary people that you are actually capable of cognisant conversations and ability to change the facts to suite your agenda.
Good luck with that, and I hope you get well soon.
Now where did I leave that topic?
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 7:09:38 PM
Foxy I'm disgusted with you.

When a bunch of people drive thousands of kilometres to invade someone else's town & territory, with the intention of doing the people of that area harm, it is not a peaceful act. I think it is surprising the locals were so gentle with them.

The fact that someone is old does not allow them to be stupid with no consequences. The old dear was very stupid being there, & indulging in a stupid act. She may not have deserved to be injured, but she drought it on herself, & deserves no sympathy for the result.

I notice it is OK by lefties to indulge in violence & intimidation. The total ratbaggery of the left in their attempts to silence Pauline Hansen was many shades worse than some hot head galloping around like Tom Mix, but I never heard any left complaint about that.

If you don't like people reacting to an act totally intended to harm a whole district & it's people, don't indulge in such acts.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 7:15:30 PM
Hassy, you tell er boy. Er lot need a good reality check, and your kind of medicine is precisely what the doctor ordered.
I marvel at the sheer tenacity, arrogance and stubbornness demonstrated by these simple minded people with a self indulging, do good mis-guided belief.
They do not want to accept that their preachings are dangerous and they should stop.
The biggest give away is the sheer number of commentors on OLO who are continually trying to correct them and show them the error of their ways, but no, they think they know best.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:06:41 PM
Foxy in another thread I said
Why has politics become such a filthy thing
Too mentioned in the end hate groups harm the party most like their views
Entering a discussion, an election campaign is a discussion, by slamming your opponent, ends any chance of getting a result
You have been slammed, by a wet lettuce leaf
Why? because you think differently
Cultivating hate is a weapon unleashed on this country by fringe groups who unknowingly harm the only party likely to hold views near their the LNP
I DO NOT SUPPORT BOB BROWN hurt still at the greens siding with Liberals to stall action on climate change
Hurt knowing my mate Paul does not like my view
I DO NOT HATE him, not any one this thread needed to be seen first because it maybe true, that the bloke on the horse is a redneck hillbilly
Second because that gate may have been a prop in a well thought out plan
It happens, but the hate on display against you is damning for what it says about the posters, not you, the monkeys have become Apes
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 May 2019 6:08:27 AM
Belly,

One of your best posts yet, I'm looking forward to the translation.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 2 May 2019 7:49:51 AM
Foxy,

Considering that the modus operandi of most of green activists is to create havoc and disruption, your finger wagging is more than a little hypocritical.

Secondly, given that at the time of the incident, the horseman was trying to leave the venue and the woman was trying to close the gate to keep him in, her actions were not only hostile but irresponsible to boot.

As I said before, the horseman's actions were not laudable, but neither were those of the woman injured.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 May 2019 7:55:57 AM
the horseman's actions were not laudable, but neither were those of the woman injured.
Shadow minister,
Looks as though both got what they deserved !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 May 2019 8:16:30 AM
Indy, 'looks as though both got what they deserved'?
What do you mean 'both' got what they deserved?
I can see where the stupid old maggot got what she deserved, but what did the horse guy do other than to ride around like a drunken cowboy.
I see no act or any harm, designed by him, that he 'deserved' anything.
I see no action of malice or mal-intent on his part.
He is guilty of being a clown maybe, and trying to rid himself of these mis-guided, deranged, immature, ignorant, smart arse, interlopers.
The only thing he should have 'got' and 'deserved' is a medal.
I'd appreciate clarification, for the record.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 2 May 2019 10:24:33 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

After apparently watching the video you decided that;

“the woman was amongst a group actively trying to exclude the horseman from the enclosure”

Now you are claiming;

“the horseman was trying to leave the venue and the woman was trying to close the gate to keep him in”

Mate, it doesn't engender much confidence in your take on things does it.

Now you are trying to say the man was looking to leave but that is not what the video shows does it. Rather he is seeing riding at speed parallel to the fence and only on seeing the gate closing does he violently alter course nearly sitting the animal on its haunches to do so.

You seem to be saying it was irresponsible of the woman to have gotten in the way of an irresponsible, unpredictable, dangerous idiot therefore the blame is equal?

Whew.

Dear Altrav,

An “idiot” who is a “mis-guided, deranged, immature, ignorant, smart arse”. Lol.

The projection is palatable.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 2 May 2019 10:42:20 AM
Quite fun! truely, reading one of the most bigoted one eyed posters this site ever had, telling others they have problems
Knowing without doubt , those insults best suit him not his target
I have determined insults like that are not unwanted here so intend to retaliate in kind now and again
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 May 2019 11:34:12 AM
SR,

My commentary was amended as the story developed, remember that the original version in the news was that the woman had actually been hit by the horse.

Secondly, I never claimed that the blame was equal on both sides, just that woman who was trying to lock the horseman in the enclosure with the anti adani activists was acting irresponsibly and was far from innocent. As such your commentary does not not engender much confidence either.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 May 2019 12:58:10 PM
"I see Bob Brown & his mob of rich interfering southerners are getting the welcome they deserve up in coal country."

Good. I hope they sent them all packing.
Stupid city virtue signallers think they can dictate life for everyone else.
Go back where you came from, and mind your own business.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 2 May 2019 1:00:48 PM
Foxy: The rider rode in to cause havoc and disruption. And as a result a woman was injured. He is to
blame.

Looking at the Rider in the Video. He kept away from people & did his dash in an open area. It was only when he went through the gate when the lady, or someone, pushed the gate into the Horse. The gate hit the horse & bounced back hitting the woman. Not the riders fault.

His actions caused the consequences that ensued.

He was an experienced Bush rider & knew what he was doing. He didn't go there with the intention of causing harm to anyone &, by the Video, avoided people. So it wasn't his action that caused the injury it was one of the Protestors.

One could make a Case against the actions of the Protestors being in the Town with the express purpose of cause trouble in the first place.

I believe it was the very presence of the Protestors that has caused anger at the protestors in the Town. That is the reason the Rider took the action he did. If they hadn't been there he wouldn't have done the Run at the Showgrounds.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 2 May 2019 1:53:08 PM
The various comments show the gap between city and country. If you have never been near horses you might not realise the sheer size and sensitivity of these magnificent creatures. City people's only exposure to horses might well be the police horses in parades. These horses go through rigorous training to cope with being in crowds and to get used to people en masse. Even a highly experienced rider might encounter problems if the horse becomes frightened or startled. I was in a riding arena once and a bird flew up suddenly in the huge aviary nearby One horse bolted in fright and the rider slipped from the saddle and was dragged for some feet at full gallop until another rider managed to grab the reigns and bring the horse to a halt. From looking at the body language clear in the video it seems the rider was
in a happily larrikin mood intending a quick gallop in and out of the arena. The unexpected closure of his escape route spooked his mount and he struggled to adjust. The gate lady was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time-accidents happen. It is obvious there was no intention or malice by the rider.
Posted by Truth Seeker, Thursday, 2 May 2019 2:25:22 PM
These southern invading clowns were very lucky the horse & rider got out of the enclosure.

They obviously have no idea of the danger of being in an enclosed space with a frightened or up set horse.

What we need is a gate that keeps these stupid city folk in their cities, & safely away from real life in the rest of the country. It really is too dangerous for them to come down from their high rise towers to the ground level where those who have to work for a living live.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 2 May 2019 2:47:39 PM
Dear Truth Seeker,

You opine;

“The various comments show the gap between city and country.”

No they don't. Nothing in the video or the comments give this indication at all.

It is not clear how close the rider got to people in the grounds but there were mothers pulling their children to safety and from your description (“Even a highly experienced rider might encounter problems if the horse becomes frightened or startled.  “) they had every right to have been concerned.

You then write;

“From looking at the body language clear in the video it seems the rider was in a happily larrikin mood intending a quick gallop in and out of the arena.”

No he is someone working in the mining industry who thought he would intimidate the group by riding at full speed amongst them wanting to give them a fright. Any other conclusion would be dishonest.

“The unexpected closure of his escape route spooked his mount and he struggled to adjust.”

This is absurd. Are you saying the horse 'knew' the escape route or that it was the rider's reaction which spooked him?

I didn't see a spooked horse but rather a coward pooing his pants because he thought his escape route might have been shut off so he pulled his horse up from a full gallop, steered it sharp left and into the woman and the gate.

The horse was clearly reacting to instructions given by the rider. For you to try and paint this differently either shows little knowledge of horses or a very jaundiced eye. As you claim to be familiar with the equine species I suspect it is the latter.

Finally you said; “The gate lady was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time-accidents happen. It is obvious there was no intention or malice by the rider.”

Rubbish. The rider with control and intent directed his horse into both the gate and the woman. It was not an accident at all and he is lucky he didn't cop other charges.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 2 May 2019 5:49:17 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

Did you really just write this?

“They obviously have no idea of the danger of being in an enclosed space with a frightened or up set horse.”

So it is pretty obvious that neither did that idiot rider then because he was the one ho took it in there in the first place.

Want to shoot yourself in the other foot while you are at it?

Thanks for the belly laugh mate.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 2 May 2019 6:01:14 PM
SR, it's official, you have now joined the ranks of the clearly misguided, neanderthals like these protestors.
If you can't tell the truth, SHUT UP, don't say anything at all.
Those of us with a full complement of reason and common sense have watched the same video's you have and they show nothing like you are purporting, thereby the video's have clearly confirmed you are a liar and a Charlatan for trying to deceive people,for personal ingratiation.
You have done the unthinkable and as such you and your comments will be scrutinized and treated with contempt hereafter, for your indiscretions.
For the record, the critical moment which carries your take on events, was not recorded at that precise moment due to the fact that both cameras were moved away at that moment and also was obscured by by-standers.
The video's show clearly that your version of events are a fabrication and therefore a lie!
SHAME ON YOU!
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 2 May 2019 9:01:39 PM
ALTRAV how do you have the right to tell any one to shut up, are you the moderator
Do you have a get out of gaol pass
No poster more than you insults so many, you make this place look like a insult to free thought
If your behavior is ok so then is mine you are at best a grubby person who knows farless than he thinks
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 6:49:54 AM
Belly, I wasn't going to waste my time responding to you and your superfluous and mis-guided attitude, but for the fact, I did not want others thinking you had the better of me.
To respond to yet another of your banal and sanctimonious platitude driven comments;
When someone persists in talking crap, it is the duty of any and all of us to bring this point to the attention of the author.
As you and your running mates have demonstrated a complete lack of the real understanding of how things work in the real world, it is incumbent upon everyone on OLO to inform you or anyone else of their failures and deleterious attitudes and beliefs.
So you see Belly, we are all moderators in the end.
And as for insults, if you want them to stop, then stop making comments deserving of insults as the only and appropriate response.
I think we can safely classify you and your mates as hypocrites, when one looks back at some of the previous postings by yourself,et al.
When we have heard enough drivel and smelt enough excrement, it is our duty to let it be known, we have had enough, so it is that the only words that truly express the urgency of the situation are 'shut up', and judging by your reaction, it is justified.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:00:40 AM
SR,

If you opened the other eye, perhaps you could also see an idiot woman try to shut an excited horse in with a group of people, and as a result causing an accident.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:07:57 AM
Has been from Steelie: “They obviously have no idea of the danger of being in an enclosed space with a frightened or up set horse.”

The rider is clearly an experienced horseman. He is riding an experienced cutting horse. These horses are used to dealing with crowed areas, usually cattle. They know how to not get injured themselves. The horse & rider are a close-nit team.

It is obvious that one of the demonstrators was trying to close the gate on the horse with disastrous consequences for one person. It could have been worse. It might have been horse & rider.

I've come off a cutting horse when I was very young, about 11, I think. I am still paying for it today. Dislocated my Atlas or C1. It still slips out occasionally.

No. I put the blame purely on the Demonstrators & I think the Magistrate realized that too.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:28:41 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

You put to me;

“If you opened the other eye, perhaps you could also see an idiot woman try to shut an excited horse in with a group of people, and as a result causing an accident.”

Well no that would just make me cross-eyed.

I do wish you lot would make up your minds. Either the rider was 'in full control' or a gee-ed up excited horse (made so by the irresponsible act of whooping and hollering on its back close to adults and children) or it had every chance of going out of control and therefore was a risk. You can't constantly have a bet each way and expect to be taken seriously.

There is a reason why quarter horse work at shows is done behind a barrier, it is to protect the crowds from a horse doing its thing at speed.

What this idiot did by galloping through the crowd was highly irresponsible so I suspect thinking he would have dismounted and calmed his horse the moment it was clear he couldn't safely exit the arena would have been too much to ask. However to be blaming the woman for this man's highly reckless behaviour is inane.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 9:19:11 AM
SR, NO it is you who is 'inane'.
You and your mates are the ones 'lacking sense or meaning' or being silly.
Do you actually know what you're talking about?
Sorry, rhetorical.
Of course you don't.
It has become obvious now, that whether it's your being cross-eyed, or of closed mind, you clearly have not watched the video's, but have simply decided to go with the 'know-nothing, good for nothing', immature lot of interlopers.
Let me clarify, as I, and the rest of us, are sick of your spouting lies and falsehoods.
The rent-a-crowd were NEVER in danger, at any time.
The rider and horse were working as one, as they do.
The old maggot was spurred on by a bunch of stupid children, and her ignorance and lack of maturity became her undoing.
NOT THE HORSE!
NOT THE RIDER!
If you had a modicum of knowledge and experience with these horses you are allowed to comment.
As it is you have continually espoused your 'opinions', as if you are an authority on all and any of the topics on OLO.
To clarify; you are not worldly or experienced enough to comment on anything, as proven by your own words, time and again.
You create a scenario when and where there is none. (eg; the horse did this or the rider did that. How the hell would you know, you wern't there, and we all had access to same info you did.)
I would go so far as to say that there is film of the gate incident but because you and your lot are so bent on point scoring, that evidence is long destroyed.
You and your lot are a disgrace, deception and lies are just two very bad and sad traits you seem to harbour.
I strongly suggest you never challenge anyone again, until you are prepared to tell/see the truth.
SHAME ON YOU!
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:43:43 AM
Dear ALTRAv,

Yet another tantrum?

Well we have discussed your evident immaturity many times but repeating this same shtick over and over again is attention seeking at its finest.

Your use of the word maggot to describe the injured woman is now just tiresome and as always an obvious reflection on your character, but you feel you need to constantly employ it to get a response from me.

Ho bloody hum.

Grow up and seek some help.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:57:46 AM
SR,

I wish you could make up your mind, either having a horse running around in an enclosure with people is a bad idea or it's not. If it's a bad idea, then trying to shut the horse in the enclosure with the people is a stupid and highly irresponsible action.

However, these greenie activists have shown themselves to be stupid and irresponsible, and one shouldn't expect anything else from them.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:17:15 AM
When a group of people drive thousands of kilometres into someone else's district, with the express intention of shutting down the major industry in the area, & putting the locals out of work, I reckon you would call that a pretty aggressive act. This was no peaceful protest, but an attack on the welfare of the people of that district.

That they were treated so gently is a great recommendation for the people who's lives they wanted to destroy. I was amazed that people who came into a town with positive intent to destroy the livelihood of the people of that town were treated so gently.

I would suggest to Bob & his rent a crowd that they do not repeat this type of action. Their treatment next time might be more in keeping with what an aggressive act deserves.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:29:05 AM
Hasbeen,

Not only aggressive - bloody stupid. But, I suppose the feral protestors realise that the people whose lives they are trying to ruin are much more tolerant and better people than they are. I'd like to see the scum up against riot police with rubber bullets and water canon. Nice people are not going to put these creeps where they belong.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:50:03 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

You wrote;

“I wish you could make up your mind, either having a horse running around in an enclosure with people is a bad idea or it's not. If it's a bad idea, then trying to shut the horse in the enclosure with the people is a stupid and highly irresponsible action.”

Rather rubbish attempt to re-frame an argument addressing the rider to one just focusing on the horse. If it were a riderless horse then yes. But it wasn't was it. It had a rider in control of it who could have dismounted at any time rather than crashing through the gate and injuring someone.

But to paraphrase you.

“However, these red-necked activists have shown themselves to be stupid and irresponsible, and one shouldn't expect anything else from them.”

Dear Hasbeen,

What tripe. They were there to protest something that isn't even in operation yet. They weren't attempting to shut down an industry but rather to halt a particular mine from going ahead.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:06:58 PM
Leave another thread, something in me shouts do not retaliate!
But I still do, now and again
Some posters do as they please, and insult whoever they wish
But best abandon another thread.
A form of OLO censorship, rather than verbal combate with a fence post, just leave
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:14:01 PM
Listen, SR, Belly.
When you people stop exaggerating, lying, bending the truth, mis-quoting and generally making yourselves out to be unstable and incapable of relating to situations or other people, we will stop correcting or berating you.
You can't be that blind or that stupid to not see the obvious, right in front of you.
I understand your beliefs are entrenched and have been there for a very long time, but it is not healthy to deny or deflect the truth, you leave yourselves open to ridicule and eventually sidelined and patronised.
Is that what you want?
How about softening your stance just a little, you never know you might actually get taken more seriously and along the way garner some respect back again.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 1:18:43 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

When have you ever 'corrected' me? Your grasp of facts hardly gives you the kind of capacity which would allow such an event to occur.

But this from you takes the cake;

“How about softening your stance just a little, you never know you might actually get taken more seriously and along the way garner some respect back again.”

You have constantly referred to the injured woman in this case as a maggot. You may not appreciate how out there that stance is but the rest of us do.

So I'm afraid young lad your request is laughable and the product of a delusion.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 1:38:32 PM
Delusions of adequacy.
And the attention span of a lightning bolt.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:13:26 PM
SR, OK you want to dance?
Let's dance.
The fact that you even have to ask, 'when have I ever corrected you', tells the story in itself.
The answer is; EVERY TIME! or there would be no reason to respond to your comments.
There are more appropriate names for people like you and your running mates, but I feel you will go running to 'mummy', dare I use them.
As for the ole' maggot.
Any woman who dares to act like a misguided fool, deserves to be called out, and that includes names, to highlight her demeanor.
It is meant to offend, because there are two ways we can look at her actions.
One is that of pity and concern.
The other is one of condemnation and derision.
Just because you and your lot side with the anti-adani mob, in no way gives you the right to tell lies and say whatever you like to make your point.
You are all liars and deceivers by denying the truth, no matter how uncomfortable or unpalatable it may be for you and your lot.
So stop acting as if you are some kind of authority and get back in your box with the rest of the clowns, until you all decide to tell the truth and see things for what they are and not what you want them to be.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:27:19 PM
Dear ALTRAV,

Mate you are not correcting me and you never have, instead you are just offering up a different opinion, perspective, take or whatever you want to call it.

You do not engage with substantive fact but are rather content with being a bombastic misogynist and racist. That is your shtick and you are unapologetic about it. Of course that is your right but when we call you out on it you just scoop it out faster because that really is all you have isn't it. There really is nothing of substance, no capacity to work through an issue by providing facts of your own, just attack dog mode. Indeed you are like one of those dogs who is very brave behind the 'fence' the internet provides but who would run for there lives if that barrier was to be removed.

I think you are pretty irredeemable so I'm not going to waste my time explaining this any further to you. Just be aware we know what you are.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:42:30 PM
Foxy, I see you have finally done some self deprecating.
Good for you, keep it up, before you know it you will be at one with reality and then you can appreciate what is being discussed on OLO.
We wish you all the best.
If you need some help or direction, I am always here to help and lend a guiding hand.

BTW; my postings may be a little erratic from today, I'll be away for the next month or so.
I know you will ALL miss me, but I promise I will keep trying to log on as often as I can.HAH.
I thought I would tag this on the end of this posting as I think I may have used up my allocations for today.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:43:57 PM
Well, I thought I was out of luck posting again for today, maybe the next one.
Anyway, SR old cock.
I was going to come down to your level to respond to your tripe, but found it a little too dirty down there, even for me, so I thought no I won't bother, I'll just respond as close as I can to the bottom and in the same vane, so you understand.
Here goes; #&)^$@+*&%^$#@_>* to you to.
It was hard but I think I managed to master your mindset and demeanor pretty well I thought.
I'm rather chuffed, someone just told me they thought it was you to a 'T'.
Well my work here is done.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:55:36 PM
Steelie: Well no that would just make me cross-eyed.

Too late.

Steelie: What this idiot did by galloping through the crowd was highly irresponsible.

Actually when you look at the footage he was not riding through a crowd. He was riding in a clear area in the middle of the people around the edge of the Show Ring. It's only when he got to the gate that he ran into problems like stupid people throwing the gate at the horse.

Steelie: However to be blaming the woman for this man's highly reckless behaviour is inane.

Someone in the Demonstrators pushed the gate onto the horse as the horse & rider were going through it. That's the irresponsible part. I admit the Rider was a bit precocious & shouldn't have done the ride. It was ten times worse for the demonstrator to shut the gate on the horse.

Greenies tend to be stupid like that. Not much in the way of grey matter.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:59:38 PM
//Well, I thought I was out of luck// confused ALTRAV yes, out of luck no. //my postings may be a little erratic// that's normal for you old fella, it comes with your advanced years, nothing to worry yourself about. //I may have used up my allocations for today// No, you are definitely confused, at 3 nursey gives you your last happy pill for the day, you get your la la pill at six o'çlock, after all the old folks down at the home, including you, watch Blinky Bill the highlight of your day. You know how much you like Blinky, then its nighty night, and off to dreamy land for another 14 hours. Sweet dreams.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 3 May 2019 5:21:22 PM
Errrr, Paul. Are you alright? I think you might be having a mental and verbal breakdown, no wait, sorry that's how you talk all the time.
It's no wonder your always getting it wrong.
Never mind, keep up the physio, you should get better by the time I get back.
I'll say Hi to Rome and Europe in general for you.
Any particular places you want me to take photo's for you to enjoy in your room of solitude and silence.
No? Ok, I'll get in touch when I get back.
Or whilst I'm there, you never know.
These trips can be rather boring.
Don't worry I'll keep you in the loop young fella.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 3 May 2019 7:15:44 PM
“The Indians want the coal, the locals want the jobs and it is only the nutters in Koala suits getting in the way”. (Mark Latham)

He hasn't factored in piss-poor government, standing by, doing nothing.

Much of this “progressive” meddling in the well-being of Queensland workers and Australia as a whole is about the Black throated finch. If this bird doesn't have the nous to fly from the 0.02% area of the state that the mine will occupy to safer places, it is far too stupid to survive.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 4 May 2019 9:34:17 AM
Hi ALT, how it hanging? Yes, could take a couple of happy snaps of you in the middle of the Colosseum dressed in 2000 year old Christian garb, preferably with a few hungry lions in close proximity ready for their dinner. Nothing like reliving the "good old days". Ah!

While you're at it, being the new il duce how about a happy snap of you hanging upside down in the village square, reminiscent of the old il duce. What do you say, you could deliver one of your well known diatribes at the same time in Italian. You do speak Italian? Ah!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 4 May 2019 12:10:04 PM
ttbn: the Black throated finch.

Black Throats are as common as Green Ants in North Queensland. Then there are Bull Finches in droves. Red Beaks or Star Finches, Double Bars & Zebras, bloods abound in the Cane Paddocks. & Nutmegs galore. The Black Throat problem is a Claytons Problem.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 4 May 2019 5:08:39 PM
Yep, the Black throated finch is in about as much trouble as the Polar bear.

This of course has no bearing on anything. Green liars will concoct anything they think they can get away with.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 4 May 2019 5:18:07 PM
JayB and Hasbeen,

The Simpson and Day guide shows them all along the coast just north of Brisbane right up to the tip of Cape Yorke. They are coded Common, Locally Common, and Abundant.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 4 May 2019 6:26:25 PM
It looks like the Know All Dodo birds, the experts on everything, are down to about three left in Queensland. Go for it lads!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 4 May 2019 9:14:44 PM
The Greens will dwindle in numbers if Bob Brown is anything to go by !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 4 May 2019 10:34:41 PM
SR,

You clearly have never ridden a horse. If you had you would realise that they spook easily and the rider is never in complete control.

It was the red necked green activist whose actions precipitated the accident and why the rider was given a slap on the wrist.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 5 May 2019 8:26:17 AM
Nah individual, there will always be some idiots for them to recruit from.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 5 May 2019 12:04:18 PM
"It looks like the Know All Dodo birds, the experts on everything, are down to about three left in Queensland. Go for it lads!"

The Greens will seize on them as another endangered species, let's hope that the Green Cuckoo Bird is soon extinct because, being an unnatural aberration, nature could do without it.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 5 May 2019 2:32:46 PM
Issy, I was reading where some big time elephant shooter was knocked over by an elephant then eaten by a lion! It wasn't your mate Bob Ballsup from the Shooters and Hooters Party by any chance? Did the lion get indigestion, then having a lion eat Bob Ballsup would be nothing short of animal cruelty. Agree!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 May 2019 7:39:53 PM
Paul,

Are you a Green Cuckoo Bird?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 5 May 2019 8:18:21 PM
Issy as a conservationist, have you forgotten, you shot the last Green Cuckoo in 1947 when out hunting the elusive Dodo bird.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 May 2019 9:28:51 PM
Not so, Paul, there's a mob of them up in Queensland now trying to stop Australians from getting jobs.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 5 May 2019 9:46:10 PM
Issy, I don't think Adani will get off the ground. The money is not there, either from the taxpayer or privately. The business case is weak, and environmentally its a disaster. Surly there is no expectation from you that the taxpayer should foot the bill.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 May 2019 10:31:32 PM
Paul,

And Brown eye Bob is doing this to save a bird? I know that he has always been fond of a Cockortoo, but screw up jobs for 1000s of Queenslanders and $bns of tax revenue is just stupid.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 May 2019 5:14:46 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Brown eye Bob and Cockortoo?

Why do think that is okay? An attack on a person's sexuality because you disagree with his politics. School boy humour should really be left to the school boys don't you think?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 10:27:11 AM
SM,

Screw up jobs for hundreds of Queenslanders?

You've got that right.
They're going to bring in cheap labour
from overseas - and we;'re going to be paying for it.

It is stupid to even consider it.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 11:34:11 AM
Tim Blair. The Carmichael coal project could be delayed by up to five years,” the Courier-Mail wrote, “after the state Labor government demanded Adani count the precise number of black-throated finches living on the property.”
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 4:35:19 PM
Couldn't we just swap the Greens with Black-throated Finches ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 7:06:04 AM
SR,

Your sanctimonius finger wagging might have a chance of being taken seriously if you didn't your censorius admonishments to only one side of the political debate.

Paul, to whom I aimed the comment posts the same form of "humour" probably more than anyone else, and has yet to receive a single murmer of protest from the left whinge posters on this forum.

Foxy,

There are 1000s of construction and production jobs being sacrificed to stop Adani, and the standard cry from the left whingers that the jobs are going to a flood of Indian, Chinese, French workers is bollocks.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 9:02:00 AM
Shadow, your favourite scandal sheet 'The Daily Telecrap' has shown us to what level it will stoop in another pathetic attempt to save the Coalition from the looming political disaster.
After it all backfired Morrison tried to "distance" himself from what was a disgusting attempt to smear Bill Shorten.

How old is Murdoch? 88 hummmm!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 May 2019 5:46:50 PM
SM,

A community legal service has urged Australia's
Consumer Watchdog to crack down on Adani for
misleading vulnerable job-seekers with inflated
claims its Queensland mine will create 10,000
jobs.

Land Council of Queensland found Adani had inflated
its figures by almost 700%.

The company advertises a one day "mining induction
course" for $650.

It might all be bollocks to you - but its a gravy
train for Adani.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 9 May 2019 7:11:55 PM
Paul,

Considering you are the only commentator on what the daily telegraph writes, it appears that you are more fond of it than I. As I cannot recall ever posting a link to it I assume that you calling it my favourite is just another example of you lying through your teeth.

However, as BullShtn claimed loudly that his mother sacrificed her career to put him through a top private school, was yet another porky on his part as the DT claimed she retired as a top barrister.

Foxy,

Opening a mine has two stages, 1- the construction in which up to 10 000 jobs are created in the community, and 2- the running of the mine in which the numbers are reduced closer to 1800. (incl supporting roles)

For example on a project I completed recently the number of construction workers numbered up to 1000, yet the number of workers running the plant decreased to about 200.

If the community legal service tried to refer this to the consumer watchdog, they should go back to law school as this has bugger all to do with the consumer watchdog.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 13 May 2019 1:51:00 PM
SM,

The land Council of Queensland has said that
Adani has inflated its estimates by 700%.
It also no money - its reputation
is bad. Tha banks won't touch it.

In any case of Labor wins the election - and it is
predicted that they will. Labor has said that they
will look into all the aspects, listen to the
experts, and than make a decision on the mine.
This sounds fair. I'm sure you will agree.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 May 2019 2:18:04 PM
SM,

You're forgetting the multiplier factor, that 1800 jobs in one project can create up to three times as many flow-on jobs, teachers, shopkeepers, nurses, building workers, tradesmen,, transport workers, etc. So on Adani's post-construction figures, this project could generate more than five thousand varied, permanent, jobs.

And Indians would have relatively clean coal. Win-win.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 13 May 2019 5:08:56 PM
//And Indians would have relatively clean coal. Win-win.//

No Joe, its low level, high ash, dirty black coal they are proposing to dig up. Sorry you are sucked in by the employment hoax that is Adani.

Adani are not interested in mining coal in Australia, but rather they want to mine the pockets of Australian taxpayers. The only "jobs" will be those of the high power lawyers they employ trying to fleece the Australian taxpayer on their behalf.

Shadow you have many times provided links on this site to the "Daily Telecrap" You love Beat Up Bolt! BTW is an arrest still imminent as you claimed. LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 May 2019 8:54:43 PM
Heard Di Natale saying the other day that we need 100% renewables. I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with him. What he didn't say was how we can achieve that.
What's his scientific, economic & social plan for that ? Isn't that what he should be telling us ?
When will he & his outfit start leading by example ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 8:17:43 AM
Foxy,

Where in earth do you dig up your information? when did The Queensland land council become recognised as economic gurus?

As Adani is ready to start construction the claims that they don't have the money would appear to be bollocks. The boycott by some Aus banks is largely irrelevant given the huge amount of capital available overseas.

Paul,

All coal has some levels of impurities, ash content is non combustibles such as rock which literally drops out as ash.

The point is that the coal from Adani is of far higher quality than alternate coal supplies from Indonesia etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 8:55:05 AM
Shadow, and the 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon that Adani coal alone will release into the atmosphere. Not to mention the 270 billion litres of free ground water the mine itself will swallow up, or the 500 additional coal ships which will invade the already endangered Great Barrier Reef each year.

Then there are the eight similar mines the Morrison government will rubber stamp in the Galilee Basin, should they be returned to office. Given your previous support for a gigantic toxic incinerator in the centre of Sydney, which would spew millions of tonnes of pollution over innocent Labor voters, your support for Adani is understandable.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 9:46:45 AM
No Individual, what we want & need is the cheapest power available.

The fact that the flora of the planet needs more CO2 to flourish makes coal burning a bonus.

Did some math the other day. My council rates are 1/6Th of my pension. My power bill is 1/5Th of my pension. Together they are over a third of my pension, & considerably more than I spend on food.

I sure don't need shortens crazy renewable power promise, or the crazy spending he will do to reward his backers.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 10:57:33 AM
SM,

Even Adani mine supporters now question whether
the project will go ahead.

Adani keeps on stalling. It missed its own deadline
pf finansing for the $16 billion mine and rail
projest. It keeps insisting its confident of getting
financial backing for its proposed mine but so far
the project has not gotten off the ground. They're just
not delivering.

Mackay Mayor Greg Williamson said, "They're saying
they can finance it. We have to believe them,
but for goodness sake, get it going."

Adani keeps announcing the green light for the project
but they keep postponing it. Apparently there are also
problems - including legal challenges to its
Indigenous land use agreement with traditional owners.

You believe the mine will go ahead.

I don't.

We shall see who's right.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 11:04:42 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

You write;

"No Individual, what we want & need is the cheapest power available."

Wait a second, you applauded the fact that the vast amount of the gas we produced was going overseas rather than being kept to assist the competitiveness of Australian manufacturing. Now and Indian billionare is going to start on of Australia's largest coal projects, highly automated and the vast bulk of what it produces will go to India.

How on earth is that going to get us the 'cheapest power available'? Your ideologies are now in absolute conflict, which one are you going to toss or are you going to ignore them?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 11:14:17 AM
Handing out election pamphlets today I asked the Labor fellow what appeals to him about them. He said he likes that they promise to do "something" about Climate change. When I asked him what that something actually is, he couldn't tell.
It sort of explained the Labor mentality !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 6:30:21 PM
Indy, was Pauline having a day off?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 7:46:41 PM
Dear Paul,

Is individual really handing out for One Nation? However fractious our relationship I would have thought even he had more sense than that.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 7:51:08 PM
At a Green street stall on Saturday morning , I had a knuckle dragger grunt at me; "Why r uh backen' de poofters!". Strange question, I simply replied; "Give me a kiss and I'll tell you." With a hur,hur,hur, he dragged himself away, glad he was entertained.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 8:04:25 PM
Hi Steele, Indy was rather coy, didn't mention who he was handing out for, maybe he is ashamed "Handing out election pamphlets today" I was flippant with, was Pauline having a day off. I don't know, but I would not put money on that it was Labor or the Greens. Indy may tell us one day.

Shows the divide that has developed in Oz politics. In my electorate there is six parties running, no independents. I can never recall ever in a field of six seeing The Greens put Labor two, the Liberal three. The other three being Clive, Pauline and Fraser. It indicates the conservative vote is fragmenting, that's not good for the incumbent Liberal or for Australia.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:40:14 AM
Foxy,

I believe that the mine can and should go ahead not that it necessarily will. The problems relate almost entirely with the Labor/green activist Jackie Trad who is throwing up obstacles left right and centre to stop the mine re investigating issues that have already been signed off and creating a real risk of Queensland being sued for $bns for sovereign risk issues.

Paul,

Again you expose the pinhead logic of the greens. Whether or not the coal comes from the Adani mine or not, the same volume of coal will be burnt and the sacrifice of 1000s of jobs and $bns in taxes will not have made a jot of difference to climate change, in fact the higher sulphur content of the Indonesian, South African, etc coal will actually make things worse.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 6:54:16 AM
Talking with the Labor bloke yesterday, was told by him that Labor's action on Climate change is what matters most. Couldn't quite tell me though what that action entails ! Anyone here know ?
Germany has tried for 30 years to come up with renewable energy but no luck thus far. Shorten reckons he can do it in a few years ? Grow a brain, mutt !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 7:25:41 AM
There are questions to be answered regarding the hasty approval given to Adani by the now "missing in action" Environment Minister Melissa Price. A Federal ICAC could investigate if any pressure was applied by anyone in government on the CSIRO to knock up a quick report on Adani. The Minister also needs to answer what pressure was placed on her to give a quick approval. The Liberals would create plenty of overtime for a Federal ICAC.

If you agree with a dirty big toxic incinerator for the centre of Sydney, Adani should be no problem, right Shadow.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 8:23:44 AM
Dear Paul,

If he isn't telling then he is obviously ashamed so probably best to let him be on this one.

Dear individual,

You write;

“Talking with the Labor bloke yesterday, was told by him that Labor's action on Climate change is what matters most. Couldn't quite tell me though what that action entails ! Anyone here know ?”

Yup. Me. Pretty simple really. As a federal government of this country I would expect them to be making serious, timely and effective efforts to curb the amount of greehouse gases we produce a a nation. That may well include offsets through re-vegetation. I also want them to assist other countries in doing the same. Labour's policy of aiming for 50% of new car sales being electric is one such measure.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 9:00:17 AM
"Labour's policy of aiming for 50% of new car sales being electric is one such measure."

Do we have a Humour section for this to go in?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 9:07:02 AM
Paul,

Most people are tired of your lies and wild hyperbole. All the environmental assessments were signed off by the Queensland departments under Labor, the recent problems are when Labor pandering to the greens went and reopened the investigations using environmental activists whose prime goal was to shut down the mine under any circumstances.

As for the "dirty big toxic incinerator for the centre of Sydney" this incinerator:
has all the emissions filtered and scrubbed to meet tight environmental standards
Would have been situated far far from the middle of Sydney in an industrial area in Eastern Springs.
Would generate 50MW of renewable energy
Would burn millions of tons of waste that would otherwise go to landfill.
Yes, as it is a huge benefit to the environment I would approve it.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 9:46:24 AM
//Most people are tired of your lies and wild hyperbole.// and what survey was that, make up what you will. What people are tied of Shadow are politicians like, Morrison, Abbott and Dutton who put profits for big business ahead of the well being of the rest of society. Hopefully these political reprobates will learn a valuable lesson on Saturday, but I doubt it!

The aptly named 'Dial-A-Dump' dirty incinerator was even too toxic for the NSW Liberal government, who approve 98% of what big business want, they knocked that one back. The centre of Sydney for you office bods might be the Town Hall in George St, but for the good hard working folk of the metropolis its out there in the burbs where you would have a dirty toxic incinerator built in their backyards, destroying their health and quality of life.

I only highlight your past support for that environmentally disastrous incinerator to show how you would support any grubby project that makes a buck for big business, and bugger the rest of us.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 5:28:58 PM
I went down to Vote early yesterday. When I got there was a TWU bloke putting the ALP Stands directly in front of every other Party's stands. I asked why they didn't shift them & was told that if they interfered with the ALP Signage they would be hauled off by the Police.

So, I shifted them down the footpath a bit. I can do that I'm not a part of the other Party’s. Suddenly this TWU bloke comes up & call me loudly, "Fk off you Ct." & a lot of other expletives.

Wasn't that nice. I turned to the people watching & said, "Well this is what you can expect from the likes of TWU & other Communist Unions supporters.

After Voting I went home then came back & handed out a little Flyer I made up.

Should you vote for Labor?

Name a Socialist/Communist Country that has benefited its people?

Russia? More people murdered than WW1 & 2 Combined.
China? As above.
Cambodia? Pol Pot? Enough Said.
Cuba? No Escape.
Argentina? Free plane ride over the Atlantic?
Chile? Free accommodation, for life.
Central America? Heaven on Earth?
Venezuela? Total Disaster. Happening now.
Central Africa? Total Corruption.
South West Africa? Everybody’s leaving. Why?
& Many, many more Socialist Countries besides.

Singapore? The only one. Total land area.
About as big as the Scenic Rim in Total.

Labor wants Australia to emulate these Countries.
Will you support them?
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 9:15:06 PM
Good story Jayb, never in my 30 years of doing pre-polls. But then there is a first time for everything.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 10:55:21 PM
Jayb,

I don't believe your story.

Try again.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 May 2019 10:16:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy