The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Go home Bob Brown.

Go home Bob Brown.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. 30
  12. All
Quote, "The town should just not sell them any fuel for their cars to drive home after all, fuel is polluting". Posted by individual

No No No individual, then the buggers would be in town for longer, contaminating every thing they touch. The town wants them gone.

Foxy if you stopped watching the ABC & reading the Guardian, you would be told a lot less lies, & be sold a lot less pups.

Adani may not be the nicest people on earth, but that is not the point. Quite a bit of the billion dollars developing the mine will stick to our workers fingers, & good jobs for 20 years won't go astray either. That doesn't count the royalties we will receive.

It was going to be 10 billion, but the greenies fixed that for us. Still a billion is not to be sneezed at. There are not many industries that can afford our overpaid workforce. We need these high paying jobs to help sustain the rest of the population. We have left ourselves with very few options, & this mine is one we need.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 28 April 2019 6:30:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

I hope that you're right regarding Adani and that
it doesn't prove to be a dud. I'm just suspicious
as to why we're still pursuing the Adani
Carmichael mine when it's on the nose with the banks.
And quite frankly the 4 Corners program was quite
horrific -- I wish that you would have seen it.

Anyway - I have my fingers crossed that Adani does
not do a "Clive Palmer" and declare bankruptcy
not pay the workers and run with the money. I hope
that I am proven wrong in this case - and that everything
goes well for all concerned.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 April 2019 7:02:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock? Good I hope. Actually more than better I would imagine. You would of course seen the news that one of 'the locals' decided to take you at your word and stir things up a bit.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-28/horse-rider-arrested-after-adani-protester-injured-in-clermont/11052940

Now one of the protesters, a 63 year old woman is in hospital with suspected spinal injuries and a 45 year old is assisting police with their inquiries.

This news will no doubt have you all bloody cock and hoop. 'Serves them bloody right' you will thunder and you will gee up a few more to go crack a few heads, telling the police they should just be keeping out of it.

What an right old tosser you can be some times.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 28 April 2019 8:55:56 PM
SR, I think we all know who the tosser is.
Niceties aside, I can actually lean a little towards Foxy on this one, for reasons not even I can explain.
I have to agree that there is an air of mistrust with this project.
The environmental issue is not really an issue, but the risk of the miners 'cutting and running' is on the record, not so much the backers of the project but their race is historically one not to be taken at their word.
A well worn belief put about in Malaysia is, 'if you are in the jungle and confronted by a snake and an Indian, which do you kill first?
I will not answer it but a hint is, it's not the snake.
Indians are treated with negativity throughout the world, heck they are even shunned amongst themselves.
Anyway, Foxy has a point which many would not like to accept, but it is never-the-less part of the future of this project.
What I might add is that even if they bring in some of their own labour, and I don't doubt they will, with the slippery help of the govt, we will still benefit from it's creation and as it is being built and for as long as it is working.
If one day it fails, we at least got to earn some income off it while it was going.
On such matters I am forever the optimist, we need some good stories for a change and if it fails or not I say let it go ahead, we can benefit for as long as it is there, producing.
Right now we Aussies need all the help we can get.
As I have eluded to in the past, it almost seems as though there is a conspiracy to bring Australia down, for some reason.
Just go back and think how many large and international companies have closed their doors and factories, here in Australia.
No we need projects like this, so I say to the greens and other scabs, 'piss off' and spread your fertilizer elsewhere.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 28 April 2019 10:53:07 PM
The injury to a 62 year old woman protestor is very real
So too is the fact this mine, while wanted by those who will work and benefit from it in the area
Will play out very differently in the rest of Australia
Too Labor, if it has an opinion, will not say what it is, yet
The polls are tightening, anyone can win this election
That horse rider may well do more harm for his side than good
Such actions do put the focus back on the side they come from
Foxy, stay strong, remember the monkeys
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 April 2019 7:00:11 AM
remember the monkeys
Belly,
Yeah, it's funny how they gravitate to the land of the Peanut..
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 April 2019 7:50:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. 30
  12. All