The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your throughts

Your throughts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28
  13. ...
  14. 30
  15. 31
  16. 32
  17. All
Banjo 'Sorry wont work on this little red hen'

Oh dear, I am shattered it doesn't work!

Little red hen?
I hate Red Rooster chicken...
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 12:12:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Susie,

<<[Banjo]You, Individual and SPQR could be brothers in fact...>>

Brothers-in-fact

What as opposed to (your group) the sisters-in-fabrication
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 7:27:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those advocating unfettered police powers I remind you of the case of Roberto Curti the 21 year old Brazilian student who died at the hands of the NSW Police. Robeerto's only crime was stealing a $2 packet of biscuits from a Sydney city convenience store. Roberto was persuaded by a large pack of the blue two legged attack squad through the streets of Sydney. When this out of control mob caught up with the defenseless student they proceeded to taser him 14 times, yes 14 times, use capsicum spray on him, apply handcuffs and bash him with a baton while all the time kneeling on him.
Is this the actions of a well trained police force or that of a out of control mob? The Coronal report into Roberto Curti death found the police who arrested him were thuggish, reckless and dangerous, saying they acted "like schoolboys in Lord of the Flies".
The Director of Public Prosecutions advised the PIC there was enough evidence to charge four coppers.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 7:52:04 AM
<<I remind you of the case of Roberto Curti...>>

Paul1405 gives us the typical Green slanted, twisted, myopic view.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer in todays nitpicking world!
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 8:03:33 AM
alex jones..tallKING OF INJURIOUS POLICING

http://rss.infowars.com/20140114_Tue_Alex.mp3

IGNORANCE..IS NO EXCUSE
if you think..it cant happen,to you..your deluSIONING..thyself.
eVIL CANT CONTROL ITSELF..and only evil tries to control other*

if you canT/REASON..with a thug/mug..walk away
the second they hurt other..PROPORTIONATE RESPONSE..

YOU CANT KILL..for a packet..of biscuits..[OR TRY TO KILL..for a joint]..IF THE LAW ID FRAUD..the law is the crime..evil cant win..[FULLSTOp]

addendum..[fact*/CHECK]..
by far more are good/iF POTENTIAL..goodness isnt offered [IMP-lied]..then of COUrse..it wont be given..or offerd.

niceness begets niceness

a smile gains a smile
respect..gains respect..but vile begets vile

you control me..but fail tO CONTROL YOU
that reveals your evil..not mine

i ignore evil..let them create their own/realITY
you lie with demons..Your a deciEVER..a..living a lie*
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 8:22:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPQR, "myopic" is that the word of the day? If I have not truthfully stated the facts in the Roberto Curti case, please correct me. My own experience with police thuggery goes back to my student days and the protests over the war in Vietnam. The none too willing attack squad was unleashed by their conservative political masters onto peaceful protesters. Given the right circumstances police will by the very nature of their general persuasion do the bidding of the political right. Roberto Curti is only one recent example of the excesses of police action, over the years there have been many. That is why I am generally opposed to an increase in police powers, but not aleays. I am however in favor of law and order, it is necessity in society, but when it comes to the question of police powers I am also mindful of the need for accountability in a framework of checks and balances.
In no way do I hold with the notion that the police can do no wrong. like the rest of society there are good and bad coppers. As for the job I don't think the NSW Police Force has a problem with recruitment, so it can't be too bad a vocation in life, plenty willing to do the job.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 January 2014 9:03:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28