The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Islamic riot

Islamic riot

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 90
  7. 91
  8. 92
  9. Page 93
  10. 94
  11. 95
  12. 96
  13. ...
  14. 103
  15. 104
  16. 105
  17. All
No, I only have what my mate sent me.

Mt Warren Park is anly about a 20 minute drive from here if I go into Brisbane via Beenleigh. I'll print it out & talk to the Coles Manager about it. Nothing like the word straight from the horses mouth. I'll see how I go & I'll get back to you.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 9:00:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps contributor's would like to make comment, after accessing the links to the following, especially Muhammad Sa'id al-'Asjawi. Of particular interest:

The debate involving two issues – Islam's 'complete way of life' and accommodation of 'foreign moral and ideological ideas' (Enlightenment ideals). A debate given voice by al-'Asjawi

Sayyid Al-Qemany is an opponent of Islamic fundamentalism, supporting separation of religion and state, and tolerance. Awarded Egyptian Culture Ministry's 2009 prize for achievement in the social sciences resulted in the demand for its withdrawal. A fatwa was issued against him “"which are tantamount to incitement to murder" and accused him of "deconstructing Islam using eloquent sugar-coated attacks [...] more fatal than Salman Rushdie" http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/07/15/egypt-the-egyptian-apostate

Muhammad Sa'id al-'Ashmawi "one of the most influential liberal Islamic thinkers today," who "has had to rely on round-the-clock police protection due to death threats from Egyptian militants."
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/176114?uid=3737536&uid=2&uid=4&sid=21101286365567

Regarding MT WARREN PARK SHOPPING CENTRE, (QLD), it may be that the selling of badges for any charity is not permitted in the complex. I believe that this is part of conditions of lease with certain centres.
Posted by Danielle, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 9:05:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Danielle,

Just to inform you that I have been in contact with Soeren Kern.

As I had no other way of contacting you, nor wanting to be seen as 'baiting' you to continue here after you indicated your previous post was to have been your last, I had not posted his reply.

He was kind enough to answer my query about his background and he informs me he is a Christian, not Jewish. He has studied Middle Eastern politics at Hebrew University, reads and writes Hebrew, and loves Israel. He describes himself as a “German-American gentile”.

Just wanting to set the record straight and acknowledge my assumption was erroneous.

No need to reply.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 9:39:17 PM
Dear Csteele,

Thank you so much for your comment ... and generosity of spirit.
Posted by Danielle, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 10:09:47 PM
So can someone explain to me what the problem is with wanting to keep Australia as a peace loving nation, free of extremist views and threats against us.

After all, this is all this thread is about.

I personally don't hate Muslims, but the problem is Muslim leaders simply can't control the extremists within their so called communities, so that's why I say we must take action ourselves, simply to preserve the very nature of our peace loving nation.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 7:31:45 AM
“A 14-year-old Pakistani girl who campaigned for children's rights is fighting for her life after being shot in the head on her school bus by a Taliban gunman.”

“Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP the Islamist group carried out the attack after repeatedly warning Malala to stop speaking out against them.”

“"She is a Western-minded girl. She always speaks against us. We will target anyone who speaks against the Taliban," he said by telephone from an undisclosed location.”
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-10/schoolgirl-campaigner-shot-in-head-by-taliban-gunman/4304370

“Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children." “

He claims; “The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/charlie-fuqua-arkansas-candidate-death-penalty-rebellious-children_n_1948490.html

Lost for words I'm afraid.
Posted by csteele, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 9:36:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 90
  7. 91
  8. 92
  9. Page 93
  10. 94
  11. 95
  12. 96