The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Victorian Inquiry Church Child Molesting

Victorian Inquiry Church Child Molesting

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Skyj welcome, I agree, and it pains me.
I have a theory, maybe we live too much within our owh familly group unit and careless than we once would have.
It may have grown from our well known she will be right mate.
Or as it always meant *Let some one else fix it*
Power breeds corruption, and cover ups.
This is so rank, so vile, some one with drive could win government, just on this issue.
We talk briefly about increasing apathy, but few can be bothered to get involved, pun intended but true too.
While not a believer,I blame in part the bad fruit in the Church,the covering up of this issue.
And strangely yes I blame the decline of belief for our lack of attention to this issue.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 April 2012 5:43:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Skyj wrote: “i just do hope that this would be taken into account because the people are losing their trust to the church and this would lead to more problems in the future.”

skyj,

Losing trust in the church and other figures of authority will lead to fewer problems. One reason church pedophiles and other pedophiles have gotten away with it is because people have had too much trust. Father Lynn mentioned in the Philadelphia court case was charged with covering up criminal pedophiliac crimes. He lied to the victims and victim’s families about offending priests being prevented from future contact with children. People believed him, and apparently nobody checked to see if the priests had actually been properly dealt with. Father Lynn apparently thought his lying was justified as he trusted that what he was doing was for the good of the church. When the judge pointed out that his attorneys were paid by the church and in the case of a conflict of interest between their client and the church would likely favour the interests of those who paid them. He refused to get an opinion from another lawyer as the judge recommended.

One of the faults I see in Australia is too much trust in authority and belief in what authority says. Young men have gone to war and died without question or reason because they were told they were doing good by serving the country.

Distrust and we will have fewer problems in the future because those in authority will be brought to account quicker when they abuse that authority.

Belly wrote: ” And strangely yes I blame the decline of belief for our lack of attention to this issue.”

Belly,

What you have told us of your own history denies your statement. You have lost your belief. If you still had your belief you possibly would have been less likely to start this string as you might have believed that the church would somehow make things right without outside intervention.

I think your loss of belief has encouraged you to pay attention to this issue.
Posted by david f, Sunday, 22 April 2012 9:58:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David I did not have a day that saw my belief lost ,it was stolen from me, by the reality that this could live in ANY church or belief such as this breeds.
Mate I do not mind but you can not think for me.
You see those American TV cash registers? sorry evangelists?
I over heard my minister talking of the PERSONAL FINANCIAL BENEFIT in being in control of a church.
Live on his analog phone, he could not know it was over heard.
A straw on top of a thousand others.
BUT I too ask, how can a CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, any leader hide these things.
Time to make some predictions,have washed my Vegemite jar turned it up side down.
After peering into it these things came through, we will be seeing more threads as this inquiry grows.
More such crimes are taking place right now.
We will take decades to stop it.
As the glass is taken away David I think you and I should grieve,for lost decency and those kids.
Are we human? some of us no!
Thanks however for showing me you too care.
Some Church's are putting more in to stopping same sex weddings than stopping this.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 April 2012 6:40:03 AM
Belly,
I too lost my faith at an early age.

I came to the conclusion that the christianity I was taught as a child was not practised by many adults who claimed to be christian.

Very few, including clergy, actually tried to follow christs example or teachings. I also saw little kids with all sorts of ailments and wondered what sort of a god would allow this. While the true bastards in society seemed to sail through life without problems. The liars and cheats get away with it.

Anyway we just have to keep plugging away at these issues and any progress is slow. The Forgotten Australians did finally get the apology they were seeking, an acknowledgement of wrong doing.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 23 April 2012 10:45:31 AM
Strange and deceitfull arguements being put forward. Any honest person knows that the true Christian faith has always been based upon the Lord Jesus Christ being the One to be trusted. All humans have a flawed nature. Any person making themselves to be god whether it be a scientist or a Priest displays the self righteous pride that is abhorent. Watching Q @ A the other night it was obvious that the secularist high priest was very flawed in intellect and character while the Catholic church's representative was atrocious. Christ on the other hand has no flaws.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:36:42 AM
Dream On no lets continue to try to build on a restart, Lexi did not hide, she even I and a few others briefly became refugees from a poster not the forum.
I at least was wrong to twice spit the dummy.
Banjo, rather your post than runners, no offense meant runner I think many Christians are good folk.
But that it lives now for control.
I think this thread questions the faith of at least Catholics, the non Christian one I dare not name,and the one of my birth.
Ill treatment of Children is not confined to Church's.
I am aware of the popes crime, only word to describe it in my view.
And refrained from posting links to Irish Priests castrating boys, covering up crimes against them.
Tell me, please do not convict me for asking, how can/could anyone telling us Christ loves the little children do this?
Let the good and the strong in every faith not be afraid to act for the sake of their church and faith.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 April 2012 4:12:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy