The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

Under no circumstances do I want ever see anyone like John Howard as our prime-minister again

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
Dear Johan (OUG),

Although I do respect your opinion - would
it be at all possible for you to try to
post in a more readable fashion - so that
it makes sense to us mere mortals.

Thanks.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 5 January 2012 5:50:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
See Lexi, it gets to you, hey!

We have low unemployment for a few reasons.

As OUG says, if one is training they are off the dole list. Still unemplyed, but below the radar.

Our consultancy industry has boomed.

Compliance also, big brother, keeping a watchful eye on the tax payer, paid for by guess who, the tax payer. Talk about pissing into the fan.

Then we have the stuff ups that need fxing. Well, what can I say.

Yes Lexi, she is so so clever! hey!

But at least the numbers look great.

The wise people can read between the lines and the small print aint to pretty.

Dream on my dear!
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 6 January 2012 6:26:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister,

If you care to check I think you'll see that national revenue from mining is somewhat overstated.

Some think that China is buying most of our coal for example, when they only but about 10% of what we produce.

Mining contributes about 10% of our total GDP and around 2% of jobs nationally.

While that's not insignificant in itself it keeps our dollar high and that is at the expense of the Manufacturing Sector, which employs even more people than mining.

Now guess whose policies were responsible for the decline of manufacturing in preference to an increase in service industries and which government is now trying to remedy that situation?
Posted by rache, Friday, 6 January 2012 10:39:13 AM
Dear rehctub,

As an employer involved in a small business you should
know from experience that criticism and condemnation
does not achieve anything. Surely you've trained
staff not to waste time doing the easy thing - but if
they're unhappy about something - to try to come up with
a new idea, or a solution to the problem.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 6 January 2012 11:12:25 AM
Rache,

The policies that are destroying manufacturing are the fair work act and now the carbon tax. Other idiot policies include the live cattle embargo on Indonesia, and the NBN.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 January 2012 1:05:08 PM
Rache,

The federal tax revenues from mining have more than doubled compared to the Howard government, and have gone from about 10% of tax revenue then to nearly 30% now. And even with this bonanza, they still cannot balance their books. And before you start staying GFC, it has more to do with the public service ballooning by 6-10%.

http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/scrutinynewtaxes_ctte/national_mining_taxes/report/c06_1.gif

http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/scrutinynewtaxes_ctte/national_mining_taxes/report/c06_2.gif
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 January 2012 1:27:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11